Are there certain features that Verizon has locked out on the tour? If so is there a way to unlock these?
    03-29-10 10:39 AM
    Are there certain features that Verizon has locked out on the tour? If so is there a way to unlock these?
    So you want to know how to unlock specific features....but you dont know what the features are? What are you talking about?
    03-29-10 11:30 AM
    I've heard from "people" that Wifi is a feature in the 9630, but Verizon locked it out so they would sell more phones when a newer version gets released by RIM. You just need to find the right person to do it. Just google it, you'll find more info on it...
    03-29-10 11:39 AM
    I wondered about the WIFI thing, but from what ive read the chip wasnt included in the tour. Im just wondering if Rim's base setup for the tour offered things that carriers have chosen to lockout.
    Last edited by MrGr8; 03-29-10 at 11:53 AM.
    03-29-10 11:49 AM
    Carriers may have some say in the features put into a design, but it seems highly unlikely that one carrier would block a major capability like wi-fi and cede the market to their main competitor. If wi-fi (for example) was an option, do you think Verizon would not offer it if Sprint could in the same model phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 11:58 AM
    Why would RIM put in a Wifi chip that NONE of the carriers would use? That's a load of bunk - there is no wifi in the Tour. If there was, I bet we would have seen a leaked OS with it running.
    03-29-10 11:59 AM
    I've heard from "people" that Wifi is a feature in the 9630, but Verizon locked it out so they would sell more phones when a newer version gets released by RIM. You just need to find the right person to do it. Just google it, you'll find more info on it...
    This is how rumors and 40 page threads get started. 1 uneducated person just talking out of thier a$$
    03-29-10 12:00 PM
    I was hoping that the wink and "people" would let everyone see the sarcasm in the post. Also, by googling it, you would have found the right answer, that's it's NOT possible. I guess not, sorry for leading you all on, just trying to add a little fun to a boring Monday.

The first post to the OP's questions was a good one. How do you unlock features you don't even know exist?
    03-29-10 12:13 PM
    We've locked out the Tour's super secret ability to summon Cthulu.

It's true! D:
    03-29-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD