Can someone tell me what are the features that Verizon locks out with the 8330?
    07-01-08 12:56 PM
    I believe the only thing that is locked, is the gps. You have to use VZNavigator. BBMaps and other third party gps software will not work with the internal gps. They will, however, work with a bluetooth gps puck.
    07-01-08 01:15 PM
    How cam you purchase something and don't know what you're getting for your hard earned money? That tantamount to buying a pig in a poke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 04:20 PM
    I agree with you CrackBlack, however, take it is on the OP because:

1. If you look in their info you'll see they aren't a blackberry user. Maybe they're trying to learn here BEFORE they spend their hard earned money. That's how I came to this site. Asked a few questions, poked through the FAQ's and finally decided it would be worth it to spend the $.

2. Maybe they won't be spending money at all, maybe their employer will be handing them one, or a friend is giving theirs away.

Let's be welcoming to our new friends
    07-01-08 04:27 PM
    I just purchased my 8330 and not quite as happy. I recently switched carrier from ATT to Verizon, while on ATT, I had a blackjack II, I was quite happy with it but not the service. To make a long story, short, getting used to this blackberry is a MAJOR difference from windows platform. I have some complaints on this phone, they are:

1. On my blackjack, when I compose an SMS, It automatically corrects my mistype as im writing, NOT with the blackberry curve 8330 I have, once I get ready to send, I have to select "check spelling". Thats STUPID! So what is the autotext for??? It does NOTHING when I hit send! My SMS's go out with incorrect typings!

2. Why when I send an email through my gmail account on my blackberry curve 8330, it says to the recipient, email message was sent via blackberry??? WTF! Why does blackberry have to inject such advertisements on MY personal EMAIL!!
    07-02-08 12:58 PM
    I just purchased my 8330 and not quite as happy. I recently switched carrier from ATT to Verizon, while on ATT, I had a blackjack II, I was quite happy with it but not the service. To make a long story, short, getting used to this blackberry is a MAJOR difference from windows platform.
    You'll feel better once you realize how much less you're waiting around for the device to reset.

I have some complaints on this phone, they are:

1. On my blackjack, when I compose an SMS, It automatically corrects my mistype as im writing, NOT with the blackberry curve 8330 I have, once I get ready to send, I have to select "check spelling". Thats STUPID! So what is the autotext for??? It does NOTHING when I hit send! My SMS's go out with incorrect typings!
    Autotext is primarily for creating abbreviations for common words. It also serves well to replace commonly misspelled words with their correct spellings, but the list is by no means comprehensive. If you commonly misspell certain words the same way each time, you can add them to Autotext and your BB will fix them for you. Otherwise, spell check is just the way the thing works.

2. Why when I send an email through my gmail account on my blackberry curve 8330, it says to the recipient, email message was sent via blackberry??? WTF! Why does blackberry have to inject such advertisements on MY personal EMAIL!!
    Because you haven't configured it not to. It's pretty simple to do. Go to Verizon's BIS at aitch tee tee pee colon double slash bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw on your PC (not your Blackberry), click on the Edit icon for your Gmail account, and change the signature field to whatever you'd prefer.

There, feel better?

* sorry for not posting the actual link. You only get to do that after 10 posts on this site, which I'm sure is a good thing.
    07-02-08 02:50 PM
    Dodge Deboulet, you are awsome! Im trying hard to get used to this curve 8330 Blackberry thing. Im so used to MS products, maybe this is a good thing to get away from Bill gates, hes out the picture, so am I. So long Windows Mobile!
    07-02-08 03:11 PM
    I was a long time Windows Mobile user, but hated how often it crashed/hung. I love the BB, but miss some of my applications (and having wifi), though I've found replacements for most.
    07-02-08 05:46 PM
    I absolutley hate when a program auto corrects typing, what happends when you want to type slang or abbreviations such as "lol" "haha" "ur" "idk"........can you not? or do you have to backspace and recorrect what it corrected?
    07-11-08 01:25 AM
    I absolutley hate when a program auto corrects typing, what happends when you want to type slang or abbreviations such as "lol" "haha" "ur" "idk"........can you not? or do you have to backspace and recorrect what it corrected?
    Most dictionaries that come with phone text programs know a great deal of slang and internet lingo. If they don't, it'll typically learn it and know you want to use it the next time.
    07-11-08 03:11 AM
    Ok... I'm going to join the bandwagon here as well. At first I missed the Treo pretty bad. Now, I will die with this little berry in my hands. Its sad because its the last thing I see at night and the first thing a grab in the morning... Hmm, that last sentence may not have come out right!

But you get the point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 12:32 PM
    I am new to this whole smart phone thing! But i am definitly happy i started with the curve! I have never owned a phone that I lokes so much! A man could definitly get addicted to these phones! I am definitly a BB user for life!!!
    08-05-08 06:36 PM
    A man could definitly get addicted to these phones!
    The problem with that statement is that research has shown that it's your inner woman that's addicted to it, not you. Enjoy your new BB.
    08-05-08 07:35 PM
    The problem with that statement is that research has shown that it's your inner woman that's addicted to it, not you. Enjoy your new BB.
    How to get in touch with your femine side?
    08-06-08 11:34 AM
    Ok... I'm going to join the bandwagon here as well. At first I missed the Treo pretty bad. Now, I will die with this little berry in my hands. Its sad because its the last thing I see at night and the first thing a grab in the morning... Hmm, that last sentence may not have come out right!

But you get the point.
    Wait! They know what cell phones are in Wyoming? But seriously, I thought that was the one state that Verizon was avoiding. Maybe it was Montana.
    08-06-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD