So where are the lines of rabid customers queueing up for the Droid? I stopped by my local corporate store at around noon today and the place was DEAD.

DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD.

3 sales guys converged on me, vectoring in from the service area . . . I guess having them all stand out on the empty sales floor would've been a bit embarrassing.

If Brunswick, ME is any indication, the Droid lineup is a misfire.
    11-07-09 01:14 PM
    Yeah, I guess the thousands of device solds, stores running out of stock etc.. Means it was a misfire.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 11-07-09 at 01:23 PM.
    11-07-09 01:17 PM
    I do not think so it is your local I would think. A lot of folks got it yesterday. Enjoy while you can. I always hear of the 1 hour wait in most stores

11-07-09 01:18 PM
    That really doesn't mean anything.

11-07-09 01:42 PM
    I know meadville pa was busy yesterday. They were selling the droid pretty good too. Not like lined up, but they sold a couple while I was there. It was busy enough it took 10 minutes for someone to be able to hand me a trackball and tell me to have a nice day.

11-07-09 01:50 PM
    Just got home from the one the ABQ, NM stores. It was PACKED!
    11-07-09 04:09 PM
    So where are the lines of rabid customers queueing up for the Droid? I stopped by my local corporate store at around noon today and the place was DEAD.

3 sales guys converged on me, vectoring in from the service area . . . I guess having them all stand out on the empty sales floor would've been a bit embarrassing.

Lol, the place was dead because ITS BRUNSWICK, MAINE.

In all seriousness, I loved Maine. I lived in Bar Harbor for a period, but from the pictures of the Verizon store in NYC, Brunswick is not, nor should be the measuring stick for Droids success. The real indicator will be the sales numbers down the road.
    11-07-09 04:22 PM
    There's more than one in Albuquerque?
    11-07-09 04:35 PM
    There's more than one in Albuquerque?
    Actually yes there is - there are 3-4 on the east side of town and 1 on the westside and whole slue of the indrects. Guess we almost qualify as a big town now
    11-07-09 04:38 PM

Wow I'm from maine too!

11-07-09 04:54 PM
    Hold on the guy is from maine hahahahaha come to dc verizon is jam packed selling droids like hotcakes

11-07-09 05:14 PM
    Frozen fish is all that comes from Maine.

Praise God for frozen fishermen, so we can have those fishsticks.

But hey - the lobster is good.
    11-07-09 05:16 PM
    Hold on the guy is from maine hahahahaha come to dc verizon is jam packed selling droids like hotcakes
    Everything in DC is corrupt - nothing good comes out of DC. Its no wonder those things are selling there.

LONG LIVE DIXIE!

Rotten Northerners... grumble, grumble...
    11-07-09 05:21 PM
    Hahaha say what you want I work here I'm from north carolina.

11-07-09 05:22 PM
    Hahaha say what you want I work here I'm from north carolina.
    As I said...

Rotten Northerners... grumble, grumble...
    11-07-09 05:26 PM
    Lastraid, your frmo ABQ! Cool! whereabouts?
    11-07-09 07:05 PM
    Oh, I was just passing through
    11-07-09 08:16 PM
    Yeah, alright, enough with the hick jokes.

This particular location normally has a 4-6 deep queue on any given Saturday; even getting accessories there is a pain in the backside because you have to sign in just to have someone ring up a sale.

Today was an entirely atypical day . . . there was one customer in the store when I showed up and a lot of salespeople playing pocket pool. To add insult to injury, there was even a freakin' sign on the door announcing extended hours for the Droid launch.

I did get to play with the Moto Droid, though. Seemed snappy, not as ugly in person as I'd expected, but the keyboard was very disappointing. I actually prefer typing on my son's Pre.

Had it been released as a world phone, though, I would've snapped one up . . . if only for the pleasure of being able to post a Youtube video of me emptying a mag of .40S&W into my BB Storm from 9 yards.

I will bide my time. The clock is ticking for my Storm.
    11-08-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD