I bought my white Z10 on Verizon from Best Buy on the release day and there are a few things that bugged me that I would like to share:

1. My WHITE Z10 came with the BLACK chargers and cables. All other white Z10s come with the white chargers and headphones.
    2. Verizon did not even include headphones.
    3. Verizon did not include a SIM card so I had to buy one (though Best Buy was nice and waived the fee for me).
    4. The box...I don't care if carriers have their own boxes but Verizon's is all black, so it basically just looks like a black box.

Some people might care about the branding but honestly...I actually think it looks *brace yourselves* kind of nice. Obviously I am not actually genially mad about any of these things but I just find it kind of odd why Verizon made these choices. Honestly, it's really the phone that counts, and it's awesome.
    GLOBALceo likes this.
    03-30-13 09:21 PM
    I bought my white Z10 on Verizon from Best Buy on the release day and there are a few things that bugged me that I would like to share:

1. My WHITE Z10 came with the BLACK chargers and cables. All other white Z10s come with the white chargers and headphones.
    2. Verizon did not even include headphones.
    3. Verizon did not include a SIM card so I had to buy one (though Best Buy was nice and waived the fee for me).
    4. The box...I don't care if carriers have their own boxes but Verizon's is all black, so it basically just looks like a black box.

Some people might care about the branding but honestly...I actually think it looks *brace yourselves* kind of nice. Obviously I am not actually genially mad about any of these things but I just find it kind of odd why Verizon made these choices. Honestly, it's really the phone that counts, and it's awesome.

1. This is a known issue, reported here on the Crackberry blog.
    2. Various other carriers like TMobile do not include headphones either.
    3. When I bought my Z10 directly from VZW, there was no "SIM charge". Neither has there ever been. That must be a Best Buy thing.
    4. It looks to me like most of the other carriers use the "generic" box, but Verizon customized theirs to, among other things, put legal boilerplate on the outside like warnings about restocking fees and such.
    03-30-13 09:53 PM
    1. This is a known issue, reported here on the Crackberry blog.
    2. Various other carriers like TMobile do not include headphones either.
    3. When I bought my Z10 directly from VZW, there was no "SIM charge". Neither has there ever been. That must be a Best Buy thing.
    4. It looks to me like most of the other carriers use the "generic" box, but Verizon customized theirs to, among other things, put legal boilerplate on the outside like warnings about restocking fees and such.
    thinking of Tmo Z10, I think they have the cheapest retail price of Z10, so it's fine for not having headphones for me
    03-30-13 09:59 PM
    thinking of Tmo Z10, I think they have the cheapest retail price of Z10, so it's fine for not having headphones for me
    That's true while Verizon is the most expensive. And Omnitech: I'm just trying to gather it all in on one place. Never saw it on the blog. And also my friend who bought from Verizon had to go in and pay for a SIM card too. But it's annoying for those who preordered and got them in the mail and they would then have to go into the store and pickup a SIM card. Plus I remembered my DROID RAZR came with a SIM card so I don't get why the Z10 did not.
    Last edited by ajst222; 03-31-13 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo
    03-31-13 07:22 AM
    I am thinking he maybe meant they waived the "activation fee" and not the price of a SIM card. And, fyi, I bought a Note II in January from VZW and it does not come with a SIM card. Can get my Z10 in a couple of weeks when my upgrade goes active.
    04-01-13 02:24 PM
    My Z10 came with a sim card in the box.
    04-01-13 02:43 PM
    I've only paid for a SIM card at a premium retailer, never a corporate store. When I got my Z on last Saturday, there was NO CHARGE.
    04-01-13 02:59 PM
    I am thinking he maybe meant they waived the "activation fee" and not the price of a SIM card. And, fyi, I bought a Note II in January from VZW and it does not come with a SIM card. Can get my Z10 in a couple of weeks when my upgrade goes active.
    No there was no activation fee since I bought outright. He said that it was weird that it didn't come with a SIM card but since I bought it outright and paid so much money, he waived the price of the SIM card itself ($15 I believe)
    04-01-13 04:23 PM
    No there was no activation fee since I bought outright. He said that it was weird that it didn't come with a SIM card but since I bought it outright and paid so much money, he waived the price of the SIM card itself ($15 I believe)

I was able to order a 4G sim card from Verizon Telesales at no cost, not even shipping. So maybe it depends on the Verizon employee you talk to.
    04-01-13 05:09 PM
    I paid for my phone full cost and it included a sim card at no charge, directly from Verizon. Considering I've never had to have one before on a Verizon before I'm glad.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:13 PM
    instantly, if you buy a carrier-added phone you should have sim card in it
    04-02-13 01:28 AM
    Mine arrived from Verizon, overnight, with a Sim card included.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:57 AM
    Mine arrived from Verizon, overnight, with a Sim card included.

Posted via CB10
    This is very oddly inconsistent. My friend who had his Z10 shipped to his house from Verizon had no SIM card
    04-02-13 06:59 AM
    I dont think headphones come in any US box.
    I believe you have to buy the SIM card at all 3rd party retailers. Mine was $7 at Frys. but the phone is $150. so you still save $43.
    white cables would be nice!
    and yes, typically CDMA phones are more $$ than GSM (att, and tmo)
    04-03-13 09:38 AM
    Interesting enough my friends didn't come with a simple and he also got from best buy.
    04-03-13 03:01 PM
    I dont think headphones come in any US box.
    I believe you have to buy the SIM card at all 3rd party retailers. Mine was $7 at Frys. but the phone is $150. so you still save $43.
    white cables would be nice!
    and yes, typically CDMA phones are more $$ than GSM (att, and tmo)
    headphones do come in at&t box (should be), because there is one in Crackberry's unboxing video
    04-04-13 02:40 AM
    I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy. When they pulled it out of the cabinet, they also got a sim card out of another cabinet. They did not charge me for it, nor did they mention that it was complimentary.

As a side note, I also got $100.00 for my bold which was a surprise. Verizon would have given me $36.00. It was a Sprint 9930 though, and Best Buy did say that the trade in value for a Verizon 9930 was only $36.00. Maybe because with Sprint it's still the newest blackberry available?
    04-04-13 10:14 AM
    When I pre-ordered the checkout process asked me if I wanted/needed a 4G SIM, told it yes and I got one. Perhaps because you already had one for your android device they expected you to swap it to the Z10. From what I understand with the 4G handsets Verizon allows you to do this to some extent (just can't do it with 3G handsets, those you have to activate). I may be wrong but I've read it a few times, you actually activate the SIM and not the ESN like the old days.
    04-04-13 12:20 PM
    The only complaint I have of verizon is the crappy service I get at my house.
    04-09-13 01:51 PM
    Call them and get a network extender. Made a huge difference for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:09 AM
    It says online when your ordering "Sim Card?" If you click no, then you do not get one sent to you. They assume by clicking no that you already have a 4g device and will use that SIM card.
    04-10-13 09:13 AM
    When I pre-ordered the checkout process asked me if I wanted/needed a 4G SIM, told it yes and I got one. Perhaps because you already had one for your android device they expected you to swap it to the Z10. From what I understand with the 4G handsets Verizon allows you to do this to some extent (just can't do it with 3G handsets, those you have to activate). I may be wrong but I've read it a few times, you actually activate the SIM and not the ESN like the old days.
    If you have an active SIM it can just be swapped to the new device. The SIM is tied to your number, and will activate the device on that line. As long as it is the same size (there are 3) it works.
    04-10-13 09:15 AM
    woah they came with white chargers and cables and headphones!? I want mine! That would add so much Wow affect. I like the otherboxes ive seen (the ones with the blue "Z10" on it) rather than VZWs.
    04-11-13 01:34 PM
    When I pre ordered mine, I was given the option to add a sim card to my order with no additional charge. IIRC I had to choose to use the Z10 as a global phone for the option to appear. But I am sure that I had to request the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:26 PM