Tour user, work issued, and tried to install Irtehun's v8.2 hybrid over 5.0.0.484 today. Big mistake. I now am a non-user of a work issued paperweight.

At first I had the dreaded flashing red LED light, tried a number of Fix-a-Brick tricks posted in these forums, including JL_CMDER and others, but while at first there was life, there is nothing. No lights, no screen, no nothing. Even plugged in, USB or Wall Charger. The big empty.

Anybody got any other ideas? I will have to take it into my IT guy tomorrow, who is not going to be real happy (or forgiving).
    02-23-10 08:57 PM
    Does desktop manager see it?
    02-23-10 09:11 PM
    NO - good point I should have made.

The DM, JL_CMDER, and LOADER do not see it at all.
    02-23-10 09:14 PM
    Try BBSAK - then place device on on USB and DM then insert the battery. DM will not see the device, but try install the OS.
    02-23-10 09:17 PM
    Um - what does it mean when BBSAK does not see it, either.

And, I just realized this, my Vista Notebook does not see it on the USB port.

Uh-oh . . .
    02-23-10 09:20 PM
    Blackberry Swiss Army Knife

While it rare not be able to reinstall an OS, It happened to me.
    02-23-10 09:24 PM
    Does insurance cover paper weights?
    02-23-10 09:25 PM
    Does insurance cover paper weights?
    Insurance covers physical and liquid damage, theft and loss
    02-23-10 09:28 PM
    I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I have the latest copy of BBSAK, but it does not see the phone to connect.

AND, as it is work issued, I am not too worried about insurance, BUT, I may be an ex-Tour user by the time this is all said and done.
    02-23-10 09:31 PM
    Shoulda waited. That's what this Monday morning QB says.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 09:32 PM
    02-24-10 01:13 AM
    My thanks for all the replies.

I got some direct Tech Support from helljack6 over at BBHybrids and it was determined the uni is DOA. A paperweight. Something to skip across the nearest standing body of water (how many times would a Tour skip?).

Most likely hardware failure. I hope - that will mean it wasn't anything I did. I will be taking it to my IT guy today, and after I get "the look", I'll get a spare BB until this one gets back from VZW warranty service. With my luck, it will be an old, beat up, Bold or Curve, or who knows.
    02-24-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD