So my thinking was, Verizon approached Blackberry back in the time to create the Storm as a response to the first generation Iphone.

Now, att is hosting the Torch and not Verizon, any idea why is att taking exclusivity? I read way more bad reviews about att compared with verizon or t-mobile.

I am a little lost!
    08-05-10 01:46 AM
    Well, they may as well rename those Torches - The Flames, because that's what they're going to go down in once users realize AT&T's service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 03:14 AM
    I haven't had any issues with AT&T's service at all. It all boils down to what area you are in and where the towers are.
    08-05-10 07:06 AM
    It may have something to do with CDMA vs GSM radios. If RIM only wanted to go with a GSM phone this time around, their only choices were ATT or TMob.
    08-05-10 07:09 AM
    I have AT&T and I've never had any issues with them. I live in Pittsburgh suburbs, surrounded by farms and nothing else! haha

Kevin explained why AT&T got the Torch before anyone else in his review of the 9800.

Have a great morning!
    08-05-10 07:11 AM
    Where can I find that?

Thanks

08-15-10 02:13 AM
    The 9800 was designed in partnership with AT&T, at AT&T's request. Just like Verizon requesting the Storm.
    08-15-10 08:44 AM
    I've had great experience with AT&T.
    08-15-10 09:06 AM
    Because Verizon is CDMA, ATT is GSM.. Sprint is CDMA, T-Mobile is AWS GSM.
    So of those 4, only one uses the popular combination of spectrum/technology.. ATT. Notice how the iPhone is only on ATT in the usa, but can be used in almost all countries.
    08-15-10 10:44 AM
    Oh ok... That makes sense.

I think in the near future every carrier will carry every phone.
    08-15-10 11:17 AM
    Yeah. Its rumored they have a three month deal with rim for keeping the torch exclusive. I bet rim also got a good chunk of change to design and sell the phone just for att.

08-15-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD