My wife's line is exactly 30 days from her NE2, her phone has been having minor trouble, and the local VZW store told us to file a claim and pay a deductible to replace her phone. I really don't want to pay 50 bucks to replace a phone that is going to be swapped out in 4 weeks, however the store is adamant about not upgrading before the NE2 date. I have had 2 lines with them since 2000 and we have had a couple of phones crap out over the years, but this is the first time they have denied to just let me upgrade and apply my NE2. The phone does work for the most part, just minor things that would be expected of a phone that gets heavy use daily. Should I be persistent till I get a NE2 upgrade or should I just give up and stick it out till July 2nd. TIA
    06-02-09 04:17 PM
    If you call CS they will most likely do it as long as you're current.
    06-02-09 04:22 PM
    We are current. I will give them a try
    06-02-09 05:39 PM
    if your upgrade date is within 30 days then here with us at customer service we will upgrade u..be nice tho it depends on if the rep wants to make the order so tell them u want to make a contract and purchase a phone with them and thel want that upgrade but i guarantee u they will
    06-02-09 07:22 PM
    if your upgrade date is within 30 days then here with us at customer service we will upgrade u..be nice tho it depends on if the rep wants to make the order so tell them u want to make a contract and purchase a phone with them and thel want that upgrade but i guarantee u they will
    I try to be nice to the CSRs when I call, I have found the more reasonable you are the more likely someone will be willing to help you. And yes we fully intend on renewing for another 2 years
    06-02-09 07:45 PM
    I try to be nice to the CSRs when I call, I have found the more reasonable you are the more likely someone will be willing to help you.
    QFT for life. Why would anyone in any service industry go to bat for you when you start out your relationship with them as a ****.
    06-02-09 07:47 PM
    QFT for life. Why would anyone in any service industry go to bat for you when you start out your relationship with them as a ****.
    That four letter word is the title of a Steve Martin movie...really?
    06-02-09 07:48 PM
    Good luck.
    06-02-09 08:07 PM
    I would check with your store and see if you have an early up available. If you have one available it is likely (not guaranteed) that you may have a $50 VIP credit. If you have and use a VIP credit then you still get the up and you don't pay the $50 deductible but you do lose half of you NE2. Hope this helps!
    06-02-09 08:19 PM
    ne area must be more strict than you west coast peeps. sups here wont change a date unless it's a week or less away.
    06-02-09 08:26 PM
    I would check with your store and see if you have an early up available. If you have one available it is likely (not guaranteed) that you may have a $50 VIP credit. If you have and use a VIP credit then you still get the up and you don't pay the $50 deductible but you do lose half of you NE2. Hope this helps!
    My plan is not expensive enough to qualify for VIP status. My wife and I use less than 300 min combined and to upgrade to a more expensive plan to get VIP would be a waste of money. Really worst case scenario is we wait 4 weeks and get $100 off of a curve
    06-02-09 08:26 PM
    My plan is not expensive enough to qualify for VIP status. My wife and I use less than 300 min combined and to upgrade to a more expensive plan to get VIP would be a waste of money. Really worst case scenario is we wait 4 weeks and get $100 off of a curve
    Have you called and explained you were looking at a Blackberry? I mean from a Business stand point they're going to be making up that 100 in three months with your data package and from what everyone else has said it sounds like a month is doable especially if you're coming with a reasonable, respectful attitude.
    06-02-09 08:29 PM
    I work in a call center, if you called and told me you wanted updrage the device early and were within 30 days, I would not even hesitate. Done deal.
    06-02-09 08:33 PM
    What if you wanted to sign a 1 year contract, would you still do it 30 days early?
    06-03-09 01:41 AM
    I am sure we would. The only differnece is this.

You would not get the NE 2 discount. You would only get 1 year contract pricing and any available rebates being offered. Also If I am not mistaken this would change your NE2 date and change over to credit structure for the NE 2
    06-03-09 07:17 AM
    You may have better luck with calling *611 and talking to them. I was way over (too soon) for my NE2 but calling them and simply talking to them helps. Jus tell them all the problems you been having and how long you been with verizon such and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:42 AM
    I am sure we would. The only differnece is this.

You would not get the NE 2 discount. You would only get 1 year contract pricing and any available rebates being offered. Also If I am not mistaken this would change your NE2 date and change over to credit structure for the NE 2
    Thanks. I sign 1 year contracts now on my kids lines. I have a 15yo, 13yo and 9yo and they go through phones like they go through shoes.
    06-03-09 11:20 PM
    Same as lastraid here. If you're within 30 days, I'll do what I can to help. Fortunately, I have a great sup that backs up her team.

Draco, do you live IN the NE area, or service the NE area? My accounts are primarily NE but I help'em all out the same..
    06-04-09 07:18 AM
    *Update*

I just got off the phone with VZW. I talked to a very helpful rep who got my NE2 discount and the 70 dollar promo discount taken care of and is sending my wife a curve.
    06-04-09 12:51 PM
    Good deal!

Most of us like to do what we can. Glad we could take care of you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:17 PM
    Jus tell them all the problems you been having and how long you been with verizon such and such
    LOL, I love it.
    06-05-09 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD