So I will be new to the BB world. I let my wife use my upgrade in May because her phone was dead. The associate told me I could use her September upgrade (this was before I decided to jump on the Tour). Well, at first, the upgrade date was set in stone according to one rep. Then I email CS and they say I can upgrade up to 60 days prior. Then I get on VZW chat on their site and that rep says she can't access my account, I would have to call to see if I could upgrade early. I call CS and that rep says I can upgrade 30 days early. I get on the chat again, and that rep is able to access my account, but says I can't upgrade any earlier than the September date. Is there a reason I've gotten 4 different answers?!?! So far, the best bet I've got is upgrading on 7/21/09. I know that's only a few days away, but what's the problem with doing it 6 days earlier. My phone is starting to die now. Sorry, just needed to vent. Anybody have any tricks I can try to get them to let me upgrade today????
    07-15-09 11:39 AM
    Call in to CSR and flip crap on them! They can approve a few days ahead any supe can I have gone through this months in advance(special circumstances) but I would just say let me use my upgrade or att will be taking me to iphoneville
    07-15-09 11:42 AM
    Sixty days is allowed. Not 66.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:50 AM
    Trust me you mention going to another carrier and they can work wonders. You can also mention that another carrier has the tour and they have service in your area an even may be cheaper on the data. That will get some approving done really quick..I'd also see if they can throw in a case or a headset.
    07-15-09 09:09 PM
    Trust me you mention going to another carrier and they can work wonders. You can also mention that another carrier has the tour and they have service in your area an even may be cheaper on the data. That will get some approving done really quick..I'd also see if they can throw in a case or a headset.
    That doesn't always work...........

A few years ago AT&T was trying to screw me and my wife over a mistake made by one of their "authorized agents". My wife said we could save money by switching to alltel and would if they didn't work with us..........less than an hour later we are at an alltel store switching services.
    07-16-09 12:08 AM
    The guy is littering the forums with the same tired crap, all centered on threatening to leave. More often than not, you burn bridges & get a canned response along the lines of "I am sorry, but there is nothing more I can do." Account gets noted for all time.

My thought is this - if they are offering 60 days, take it. If six more days is nothing, why not 30 more days? If 30 is okay, what about 9 months? Where do you draw the line?

The carriers are getting tighter & tighter with their policies, all because of people who think they can manipulate the system by conniving their way into things they wouldn't normally get.

07-16-09 12:18 AM
    Anytime someones says "trust me" ... Don't.

07-16-09 06:49 AM
    This can probably only work wonders when you are near the end of your contract. If you still have over 6 months, they will probably care less cuz you would be stuck with the ETF.
    07-16-09 07:07 AM
    This can probably only work wonders when you are near the end of your contract. If you still have over 6 months, they will probably care less cuz you would be stuck with the ETF.
    Only issue here is that they want you for 2 years. Period. I've heard managers really bend on the policies when someone says I pay xxx.xx$ a month you think I care about 175$ one time? Verizon wants people for that 175$ every month more than they want that one ETF.
    07-16-09 07:22 AM
    I'll call shenanigans on that. Any tactful, savvy VZW rep knows the score and it boils down to this: They own you. They know it.

As soon as someone leaves, more often than not, they probably bear witness to well over half coming back to VZW...can't beat the network, and despite not being able to upgrade/bs/tantrums/misunderstandings, VZW's customer service is pretty darn good.

Those that leave over money alone get what they pay for...
    07-16-09 07:26 AM
    You got different answers because this is all very subjective. Different departments have different policies and the only true company line for this is that you have to wait for your upgrade. Stop playing the mommy vs. daddy game and grow up a little bit. If someone was nice enough to give you a 30 or 60 day exception you should have taken it and told them to note your account so you could call back then.
    07-16-09 07:30 AM
    I'll call shenanigans on that. Any tactful, savvy VZW rep knows the score and it boils down to this: They own you. They know it.

As soon as someone leaves, more often than not, they probably bear witness to well over half coming back to VZW...can't beat the network, and despite not being able to upgrade/bs/tantrums/misunderstandings, VZW's customer service is pretty darn good.

Those that leave over money alone get what they pay for...
    I agree, it is called churn people. Think of yourselves as 80 million fish in a big Verizon barrel every year Verizon knows that they will shoot a certain percentage of those fish. Verizon manages that number by serving their customers everyday not through knee **** reactions to empty threats. You can make threats all you want and some reps will fall for that but for the most part you are just peeing into the wind.
    07-16-09 07:36 AM
    I agree, it is called churn people. Think of yourselves as 80 million fish in a big Verizon barrel every year Verizon knows that they will shoot a certain percentage of those fish. Verizon manages that number by serving their customers everyday not through knee **** reactions to empty threats. You can make threats all you want and some reps will fall for that but for the most part you are just peeing into the wind.
    ...and in other news, how's this model working out for you?

Device Model: 9530 (Storm)+9630 (Tour)= 19160 (I need a life)
    The super-duper-Blackberry 19160 Stour??? *L*
    07-16-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD