Hello, everyone. After a long week of researching, I am going to purchase a Curve from Verizon this Saturday. Did you buy your BB on-line or at the store? Pros and cons to each, please? Thank you.
    07-10-08 05:31 PM
    on-line is good sometimes they have on-line rebates the stores cannnot match. While buying in the store you get it right away. If you show the internet price and the manager is in a good mood, I am sure that it will get matched.

Going to a store- you may have to wait a bit. either way you get the device.
    07-10-08 05:58 PM
    Call customer service. They'll match online pricing, and waive shipping.
    07-10-08 08:17 PM
    You can sometimes get a better deal online, but you have to wait for the phone to get shipped to you.
    07-10-08 08:41 PM
    I bought mine in store. Much better. I just hate dealing with customer service and all of that, but online does have better deals sometimes. I would compare both the deals in store and online. See which one you can get a better deal on. Oh and I just hate waiting on the phone to get here. I'm way to impatient. lol
    07-10-08 08:48 PM
    OMG, I feel you on the impatience. When I want something, I want it now- not later.
    07-10-08 08:52 PM
    OMG, I feel you on the impatience. When I want something, I want it now- not later.
    Me too! I would buy in the store if it is possible. Screw waiting!
    07-10-08 08:55 PM
    I have found that on-line and in store prices to be the same. On-line you get the instant rebate, in store you have to mail in your rebate.

My wife and I get our phones in store, and we order our kids stuff over the net.
    07-10-08 09:06 PM
    A lot of times if you are getting a new contrtact you can find BB's on Free Cell Phones with New Cell Phone Plans - Compare Wireless Carriers and Phones - AT&T, Cingular, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, Nextel, Alltel & more for free. The downside is you have to wait for the company to approve your service and then wait for it to ship, both from start to finish can take about a week. I have done this with my DD's phone but don't have the patience for myself. Lol. Good luck!!
    07-10-08 09:14 PM
    I call telesales directly whenever I buy new equipment. When I bought my Curve I told the agent that I wouldn't buy unless I was given an extra discount.

He emailed me back 10 minutes later and I received a bonus $50 credit. (And free overnight shipping so I barely had to wait)
    07-10-08 09:17 PM
    From my personal experience I like purchasing online. When I went into the verizon store to get my curve the sales rep said it would cost me about $230, and that was with the rebate and upgrade discount! I went home a logged onto my VZW account to double check his math, low and behold I could upgrade to the Curve for $54! (I also ordered a new bluetooth and it was still cheaper all together)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 09:27 PM
    I'm also a fan of purchasing on-line. My curve cost me $55 all-in; $300 less a $100 NE2 discount and a $100 Advanced Device Credit. There was a $50 rebate form in the box when it arrived for an all-in price of $55 (5% tax charged against the after-discount-but-before-rebate price).

VZW ships Fedex 2nd day, so I actually had the phone quicker than I would have been able to get it by waiting in line at the corporate store
    07-10-08 10:58 PM
    I buy my phones in store. The reps always match the online price for me. So I get internet pricing + my phone that same day. I'm always walking out of there happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 11:03 PM
    I'm also a fan of purchasing on-line. My curve cost me $55 all-in; $300 less a $100 NE2 discount and a $100 Advanced Device Credit. There was a $50 rebate form in the box when it arrived for an all-in price of $55 (5% tax charged against the after-discount-but-before-rebate price).

VZW ships Fedex 2nd day, so I actually had the phone quicker than I would have been able to get it by waiting in line at the corporate store
    Advanced device credit? wheat is this?
    07-11-08 03:04 PM
    Advanced device credit? wheat is this?
    Unfortunately, at this time, a promotion that has been discontinued
    07-11-08 03:13 PM
    I have had better success with in-store when upgrading than online. I usually go to an officially VZW kiosk in a nearby circuit city and they done pretty good by me and gave me some discounts that online reps didn't say anything about.
    07-11-08 03:15 PM
    I purchased online (had free overnight shipping). Mainly because I have 3 kids and the wait at our Verizon store is usually wickedly long. Just easier for me this way.
    07-11-08 09:53 PM
    When I got my blackberry back in September, I was offered an "Advanced Device Credit". This credit was an extra $100 off the price of the phone. Of course I was supposedly locked into paying the $100 back if I decided to get rid of my blackberry data plan. I wouldn't know if they hold you to that though.

My recommendation... call customer service and mention it. If one person says that don't know anything about it, say thank you and call again. You would be surprised what one rep compared to another knows... for example the two different data plans (BIS & BES) that to this day some customer service reps know nothing about.

Unfortunately, at this time, a promotion that has been discontinued
    07-11-08 10:02 PM
    I also recommend calling customer service to order a phone. If you get discounts from your employer, you may be eligible for discounts that you'll never see online.

They gave me an extra $50 off my Curve that I would have not know about if I never called.

07-11-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD