I'm not gonna flame Verizon, because I understand how people can get mis-information, but here's my story. I was an Alltel customer for 4 years. I got converted to Verizon in July. My employer has a 20% discount through verizon, none for Altell. Leading up to the merger I kept up with the Alltel store and continually asked the same question. If I stay on my plan, will I be able to use my employers discount. First answer, should be able to, but we don't have any specifics yet. Second answer, yes as long as you upgrade the primary line to a Verizon phone. Asked again last month when I went in and they said yes again. I tried to apply the discount online and it said my plan was not eligible. So I called today and spoke to 3 different people and all said that because I am still on an Altell plan (even though I have a Verizon phone, and I send my check off to Verizon each month) that I am not eligible. This sucks, I have been misled, I wish I could save 20% off, I wish I could cancel and pay ETF, but I'm stuck. The supervisor tried to convince me that I could upgrade to a Verizon Plan and save money. I told her there was no way in **** it would be cheaper, even with 20% off, because just the blackberry charges alone would be an extra $49. Finally I put it in simple math for her, she understood that it would cost me another $62 a month on a new plan, and that even though I would get 200 extra minutes, it still did not make sense. Guess I got the short end of the stick.
    BD
    09-08-09 02:27 PM
    How is the blackberry an extra 49 a month? I think you misunderstood the rep that said yes if you upgrade to a Verizon phone. They meant change your plan I am sure.

Bottom line, either don't get the discount, switch to vzw cause you will be forced to eventally anyways, or leave for sprint, AT&Turd, or turdmobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 02:42 PM
    Go into a store.
    09-08-09 02:52 PM
    Go into a store.
    To accomplish what?
    09-08-09 03:15 PM
    Some legit info. Its easy for someone over the phone to say things that may or may not be true, depending on which callcenter. So as most of us know they will get better service instore.
    09-08-09 03:25 PM
    The $45 is for my wife and I's blackberry's. We have 2 (30 each, 20% off of that). My whole problem with this is I have a Verizon Phone, my bill comes from Verizon, I pay Verizon for the bill, but I'm on an Alltel plan. I for the life of me do not understand if I'm a Verizon customer, and the discount eligibility is I work for the company I do, and have a $39.99 plan or higher, how I do not qualify. If I wouldn't have been misled, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Or if the discount material said not eligible for former Alltel customers on Alltel plans. The only reason I upgraded my phone to a Verizon one was I got to extend my Alltel contract another 2 years.

BD
    09-08-09 04:03 PM
    You are a VZW customer, but on a plan that doesn't qualify for VZW discounts.

The regulatory tariff or employer agreement probably stipulates the plans that can be discounted. Since you're not on one of those plans, no discount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 04:23 PM
    So in other words you should have switched to a VZW plan.
    09-08-09 04:24 PM
    The $45 is for my wife and I's blackberry's. We have 2 (30 each, 20% off of that). My whole problem with this is I have a Verizon Phone, my bill comes from Verizon, I pay Verizon for the bill, but I'm on an Alltel plan. I for the life of me do not understand if I'm a Verizon customer, and the discount eligibility is I work for the company I do, and have a $39.99 plan or higher, how I do not qualify. If I wouldn't have been misled, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Or if the discount material said not eligible for former Alltel customers on Alltel plans. The only reason I upgraded my phone to a Verizon one was I got to extend my Alltel contract another 2 years.

BD

You're not on Verizon's rate plan. They're actually doing you a favor, by letting you keep your existing Altel plan ...which as you have already mentioned, is MUCH cheaper than Verizon's current rate plans.
    So I would just be happy with the low rates you have now. Eventually VZW will make you switch plans, and you'll have to decide if the service quality is worth the extra money.
    For me, it most certainly is.
    09-08-09 04:48 PM
    You're not on Verizon's rate plan. They're actually doing you a favor, by letting you keep your existing Altel plan ...which as you have already mentioned, is MUCH cheaper than Verizon's current rate plans.
    So I would just be happy with the low rates you have now. Eventually VZW will make you switch plans, and you'll have to decide if the service quality is worth the extra money.
    For me, it most certainly is.
    +1

Be thankfull that you get the VZW network at a lower price than all other VZW users. This is kind of a glass half full thing. Think about what you are getting and not what you are missing.

I wish my bigest problem was like this.
    09-08-09 04:54 PM
    What's so good about the Verizon Network. My signal strength has always been good, my internet on my berry isn't any faster. 2 of my 10 numbers are verizon customers, so I got 2 more numbers for free. I still don't see a benefit unless I don't have the knowledge of something good.

BD
    09-08-09 06:45 PM
    What's so good about the Verizon Network. My signal strength has always been good, my internet on my berry isn't any faster. 2 of my 10 numbers are verizon customers, so I got 2 more numbers for free. I still don't see a benefit unless I don't have the knowledge of something good.

BD
    I would remove the two numbers that are VZW customers, this is not benefit to you. As I am sure you know, they should be non-VZW customers or landlines
    09-08-09 06:52 PM
    Everyone .. Alltel and VZW .. reps spent months being confused about how the change over was going to work. Every day we were told something new.

It's truly unfortunate you were caught up in this. It happened to many people. You do have to be on a VZW plan to get corp. discount VZW offers. The system just will not let a rep put it on a non VZW plan.
    09-08-09 06:54 PM
    I was converted from Alltel.
    I'm still on an Alltel plan.
    I still have an Alltel device.
    I get the Verizon discount. And I have gotten it since the first weekend I was converted.

Here's what I did.

Go to Your Employee Discount Program

Click on "Check Now" Enter your information.

You will get an email sent to the work email address that you enter.

Then once you get the email to your work email address, click on the Get Started link in the email message and be sure to register your phone with the link near the bottom under Existing Users.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 09-08-09 at 07:03 PM.
    09-08-09 07:00 PM
    I tried that, it said I wasn't eligible for the upgrade.
    09-08-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD