I currently have a storm. I do like it, but I don't like having the $100 phone bill. I am thinking of getting the LG Versa or Samsung Omnia.

Anyone have any pros or cons of using these 2 phones? Which one you like better?

I am kind of leaning towards the Omnia, it has WinMo and built in Wifi.

Any other phones you can recommend? My friend has the LG Voyager, but he hates it, I asked him about the ENV touch, he said its pretty much like the Voyager.

I plan on taking a look at the store and see which phone I like better, but just wanted to get some opinions.
    07-13-09 09:47 AM
    Have you looked at the env Touch? The Omnia is far better than the Storm, but your bill wouldn't change with the Omnia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:58 AM
    Yea I just seen that the Omnia requires a data plan. Why the **** would I want a data plan when it has wifi.
    07-13-09 09:59 AM
    Omnia suxs. Had 3 I'm 2 months

07-13-09 10:18 AM
    Omnia suxs. Had 3 in 2 months

07-13-09 10:18 AM
    Memory issues all day, and windows mobile garbage.
    If you dont need a data plan or any of that check out your local store
    lg has new phones out or call in and see if you can get a tour.
    3 replacements within 90 days = new phone.
    NEVER FORGET THAT.
    07-13-09 10:25 AM
    Yea. Is there any decent Verizon phones that have WiFi, but don't need a data plan?
    07-13-09 10:30 AM
    Yea. Is there any decent Verizon phones that have WiFi, but don't need a data plan?
    Look at the VX11000 (enV touch) (No WiFi) you can choose to get the 15.00 internet package or not

really a great phone for the money.

Music player is fantastic for a dumb phone,

Keyboard feels natural, great applications and a very solid phone.. trust me man

As far as a Verizon Phone with WiFi w/o a data plan.. Hmm.. I don't think so? All smartphones on verizon require a data plan
    07-13-09 10:34 AM
    No CDMA non-smartphones with Wifi.

All smartphones require data plans on VZW. Some other carriers don't require one yet, but that is rapidly changing. It appears all carriers have plans to require data plans on all smartphones (and even some advanced devices) in the very near future. And no, you won't be able to discontinue the data plan after 30 days.

The firmware issues with Omnia have been largely corrected and far more thoroughly than Storm. When you look at user opinions, most sites show a much higher satisfaction with Omnia than Storm. The WinMo hatred is fueled primarily by those who don't understand they can't just throw whatever on their phones without expecting some cause & effect.

The vast majority of WinMo errors are user-caused.

I know - I have both platforms. The little WinMo phones mostly perform very well, as do the BlackBerrys. Each have their strengths. My one issue is some WinMo devices aren't built as well as others, but that is not the fault of the platform.

I have always said - WinMo for power-users who need/want multi-tasking, flash, good HTML handling, configurability, a huge software library advantage, etc. BlackBerry for those who need the basics in a device that will not allow them to get into too much trouble. BlackBerry is something net-admins love, because it is easy to support & control. Yet the majority of network admins carry non-BlackBerry - I know, as I have been to the IT & comm conferences.

WinMo 6.5, due in less than two months, will match BlackBerry 5.0 for reliability and WinMo 7 will make even the most ardent BlackBerry fans envious.

Still, if you don't want to pay the large data fee of a smartphone, save yourself $15/mo & get data on the perfectly capable enV Touch - which is in many ways more capable than BlackBerry - or save yourself the entire data fee by not accessing data from your phone

-OR-

You can pick up a WiFi only device or a Skype phone.

07-13-09 12:18 PM
    I just went and looked and I didnt care for the versa.

I thought the ENV touch was ok. The omnia was off and would not turn on, dead battery? It was really busy due to being lunch time too, so I left.

I also tried the BB Tour. It seems like a crippled storm. 1/2 the screen size, physical keys are harder to push. I don't know why people would want to give up the storm for one. I didn't notice much difference in the OS's and it seems like the storm is faster since I can just use the touch screen and not have to mess with moving a trackball around. With the latest OS's the storm seems so much faster. The only thing nice was seeing over 100mb of app memory on the Tour.

The storm is also my first BB, so I don't have experience with any other BB's.
    07-13-09 12:41 PM
    For now I got my bill down about $20.

Went from Nationwide Select 900 down to 450

Still had the $30 data plan and the select plan includes unlimited txt messaging. I almost got the blackberry messaging and email plan, which is $100, but its $10 cheaper to get the nationwide select for $60 and the $30 data plan.

So after that I get 19% off.

Went from like $103 a month down to $78 + taxes so prob around $84 a month.
    07-13-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD