Anyone know where i can get a free or low cost Lg EnV for add a line? I was going to get one off the verizon website but now they are saying they are out of stock. I dont want to give more than 20 bucks for the phone. Verizon did have it on sale for 19.99 but i was waiting until closer to christmas to get it. Now that i want to get it its out of stock, LOL Ive been searching online for various deals but im kind of wary of buying phones from verizon venders.
    10-14-09 10:12 AM
    You're trying to start a brand new line with the original env?
    10-14-09 10:13 AM
    10-14-09 10:14 AM
    Im adding a line for my son. That is what he wants for christmas. He wants the Lg Env phone. Thanks! Ive already checked ebay. I was more looking for a website that offers a good promotion for adding a line of service. One that someone has used and not been ripped off.
    10-14-09 10:31 AM
    i had the orange LG enV for 2 two before i got my first BlackBerry. It's a great phone with a nicely spaced keyboard and loud mp3 player!

i don't know of any company that is still selling the enV. It's been discontinued for a while. You can try the enV3 or Touch if you want to add and line, and get a discounted phone.
    10-14-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah there are a ton of new phones that are free with a 2 year right now maybe check those out?
    10-14-09 10:40 AM
    Well the thing is he wants a phone with a full keyboard. Which ones have a full keyboard? Not many that i know of. Does the touch have a full keyboard?
    10-14-09 10:52 AM
    Yes it does. But I've heard its "touchy"
    10-14-09 11:27 AM
    Check out the Razzle. Dumb name but looks like a good phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 11:59 AM
    Walmart has the enV3 for $48.88

Full VZW authorized, without add-on contracts or fees.

10-14-09 12:24 PM
    One other thing - the enV2 that was on special was an end-of-life device. Being out of stock is probably a precursor to being removed from the list of phones on the site.

I'd not be surprised to find out it won't be returning to stock.

10-14-09 12:48 PM
    My Sister and her daughter both have EnV series phones. One is a Touch and the other is the EnV2 and both are great for texting and have keyboards. Actually the touch has a touch keyboard as well so I guess it has 2! The EnV 3 is nice as well so you really can't go wrong with any of them. I personally like the Touch. If I didn't have use for a Smart Phone I would get one of those or a Rogue.

On a side note I am pretty sure Twins is right because even the VZW store here seems to have rid themselves of all the EnV 2 phones.
    10-14-09 02:02 PM
    The Envy2 was discontinued a while ago. That's what a VZW rep told me.

10-14-09 02:10 PM
    The Envy2 was discontinued a while ago. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    What dont Verizon reps tell you? All of your posts are followed up with "thats what a verizon rep told me"
    10-14-09 04:50 PM
    Walmart sells their services through letstalk.com but i looked at their website and they didnt have the Env2 only the 3 and it was much higher. I cant find the Env2 only the 3 and on the Verizon website it costs 160 something. Verizon had the Env2 for free in September. Guess they were trying to get rid of all the stock they had left. The phones that are listed as free on the Verizon website are all generic phones.

Why cant you get just as good a discount with add a line as you can if your a brand new customer? Your signing a new 2 year contract so i dont understand that.
    10-14-09 06:53 PM
    Walmart sells their services through letstalk.com but i looked at their website and they didnt have the Env2 only the 3 and it was much higher. I cant find the Env2 only the 3 and on the Verizon website it costs 160 something. Verizon had the Env2 for free in September. Guess they were trying to get rid of all the stock they had left. The phones that are listed as free on the Verizon website are all generic phones.

Why cant you get just as good a discount with add a line as you can if your a brand new customer? Your signing a new 2 year contract so i dont understand that.
    You are getting a good discount. Full retail on the EnV2 is close to 300 dollars.
    10-14-09 06:54 PM
    Well i ordered a Motorola Rival off of Wirefly. I called them and told them i wanted to change to a family plan and add a line. I got it for free, so im pretty happy about that.
    10-14-09 09:18 PM

Store only - never buy online from LetsTalk or Wirefly. Too much risk of getting screwed.

Downgrade plan, you owe them.

Late payment, you owe them.

Return phone with more than a few minutes, because you don't like it, you owe them.

You don't get a good discount with the online rippoffs for adding a line because that line is only $9.99 instead of $40.

With that Moto Rival, you get what you pay for. It is a toy, compared to the enV.

10-14-09 09:54 PM
    Actually I have used letstalk before when I had sprint and I had no issues with them. I changed my cellphone number and plan shortly after receiving it. I think with them and companies like them that you owe money to them if you cancel your contract early. I will have to read over letstalk policy again to be sure. This is my first time buying from wirefly.

As far as the phone being a toy...its for my son so I'm not really worried about the quality of the phone. Kids are hard on things and I have the insurance plan. All he wanted was a full keyboard phone and that's what I got at a price I like. I would have bought the lgenv from verizon if it wasn't out of stock.

10-14-09 11:52 PM
    Actually I have used letstalk before when I had sprint and I had no issues with them. I changed my cellphone number and plan shortly after receiving it. I think with them and companies like them that you owe money to them if you cancel your contract early. I will have to read over letstalk policy again to be sure. This is my first time buying from wirefly.

As far as the phone being a toy...its for my son so I'm not really worried about the quality of the phone. Kids are hard on things and I have the insurance plan. All he wanted was a full keyboard phone and that's what I got at a price I like. I would have bought the lgenv from verizon if it wasn't out of stock.

Im guessing you got the phone for free because it was setup on a single line plan of at least 39.99? Once you get your bill and the difference between full retail and what you paid (free) is charged on there under "equipment charges" dont create a thread asking why? and that you hate Verizon. The reason the phone was free because it was on a plan that pays them (the reseller) a bigger commission, when they get the commission charge back they will be going to the source (you) to get their money back.
    10-15-09 08:48 AM
    Personally, I would NEVER get a phone or service - or make any service changes - with Let's Talk, Simplexity or Wirefly.

Just not worth it - ever.

10-15-09 07:57 PM
    Im guessing you got the phone for free because it was setup on a single line plan of at least 39.99? Once you get your bill and the difference between full retail and what you paid (free) is charged on there under "equipment charges" dont create a thread asking why? and that you hate Verizon. The reason the phone was free because it was on a plan that pays them (the reseller) a bigger commission, when they get the commission charge back they will be going to the source (you) to get their money back.

No. I had to go ahead and get with Verizon and switch to a family plan. I chose the 1400 select family plan, which goes for $119. But i get a 17 percent discount cause of my job so i wont be paying that. I told my verizon rep that i was going to be buying the phone elsewhere cause i could get the phone at much cheaper price than what Verizon was selling it for with the add a line. She didnt give me much grief about it.

I ended up canceling my order the next day with Wirefly cause Letstalk has the ENV2 at walmart for 29.99 with add a line. I went into the store and was browsing and saw it. So thats what i ended up going with in the end.
    10-16-09 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD