08-24-09 11:23 AM
27 12
tools
    So whats the scoop on this? I've seen on boy genius and a few other websites that some best buy employees spotted the samsung omnia 2 and the choco touch on a rebate form with a date of august 23rd for arrival....

if this lg chocolate touch is gonna be the cooler version thats just a full touch phone without the slide out dial pad...21:9 aspect ratio...i just think it would be a cool phone...

LG Chocolate Touch, Samsung Omnia 2 and more headed to Best Buy on August 23rd : Boy Genius Report

LG Chocolate Touch VX8575 (Phone Arena)

do you guys think its gonna be like the LG Chocolate Touch BL40???

4-inch 345800 capacitive touchscreen display (note the very unusual 21:9 aspect ratio) under scratch resistant glass, 5 megapixel camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens, 7.2Mbps UMTS/HSDPA connectivity, Wi-Fi, aGPS and the what appears to be a suped up S Class U

or are we lookin at something like the BL42 with the smaller screen and dumb slide out dial pad...

DEAR GOD please let it be the BL40!!!!
    08-21-09 04:21 PM
    BLACKBERRY?!! No blackberry...

Snooze lol
    08-21-09 05:41 PM
    Let's just say you might be disappointed.

Snooze......
    I hope you don't do that with customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 05:41 PM
    I'm sorry if my lack of interest in a boring Chocolate offends you.
    Not everyone finds them boring.

08-21-09 06:24 PM
    Dumb phones are not boring. Blackberries are just more exciting.
    08-21-09 06:26 PM
    Jesus just a simple post...now people are already posting irrelevant things...

I dunno...I mean honestly I really don't want to deal w vzw but this does look like a cool phone...

Nobody said it was an iphone or blackberry killer...

08-21-09 06:30 PM
    Stop freakin arguing about how cool the phone is or isn't at least that phone won't have a spinning clock that requires constant battery pulls, leaked OSs to get it to function, and I'm sure chocolates don't take three minutes to start up...

08-21-09 06:36 PM
    and I'm sure chocolates don't take three minutes to start up...
    Try five plus.

Otherwise you are correct. It is an attitude that says I don't care what you want. If it isn't what I want you are dumb. Not everyone is in need of a smartphone. Even those with smartphones may need regular phones for family lines.

The new Chocolate is a very nice phone. It just isn't the one the original poster was hoping for.

08-21-09 07:04 PM
    The new chocolate isn't what I was hoping for??? So you know what its going to look like?

08-21-09 07:07 PM
    I think we have all seen the picture of the leaked Best Buy computer screen. Will these phones release on the 23rd, its a toss up, interestingly enough there has been no more information on this date anywhere. To assume that they would market the BL42 as the "Chocolate Touch" instead of the BL40 is absolutely ridiculous. Looking at the phones side by side and all the information released on them, I think it is asinine to assume the BL42 is what they mean by the Chocolate Touch. Not to mention look at what phone has leaked more and has more information/hands-on videos for it. The BL40, if indeed a phone from LG launches sunday with the Omnia 2 and the Rogue I would definitely bet it will be the BL40.
    08-21-09 11:44 PM
    I don't care what people say. That is a HOT phone. Makes the EnV Touch look ******** spec wise. The one thing I still like about the EnV Touch is the built in Dolby sound.

I like the new Prada phones too...
    08-21-09 11:53 PM
    I don't care what people say. That is a HOT phone. Makes the EnV Touch look ******** spec wise. The one thing I still like about the EnV Touch is the built in Dolby sound.

I like the new Prada phones too...
    It is a very nice phone. As for the hopes, I wouldn't hold out for August 23rd, if I were you.

08-22-09 12:47 AM
    According to boygeniusreport the Samsung Rogue is in Verizon stores now with an imminent release, aka possible tomorrow. This brings the question were the other phones listed on the best buy leak also in stores and ready to be released or perhaps only the Rogue will see the light of day tomorrow with the Chocolate Touch and Omnia 2 closely behind.
    08-22-09 07:03 PM
    ha...magically posts to this thread are being deleted...

WTFIUW that???
    08-22-09 09:56 PM
    Hmm look at this.. verizon is updating their website...main site is down...just noticed a decrease in price on the samsung omnia... and htc touch pro and diamond...

Samsung Omnia™
    Price: $459.99 with No agreement
    Price: $99.99 with 1yr activation
    after $70 online instant rebate
    Price: $29.99 with 2yr activation
    after $70 online instant rebate

Touch Diamond has also went down in price it used to just be 99 bucks after a 2 year activation... now its 29.99 and the new touch diamond is to be released as well...

this is getting interesting...nothing about the chocolate touch though...
    08-22-09 10:16 PM
    pretty nice either way it goes
    08-22-09 10:28 PM
    Their site updates really fast so at midnight we should all know what, if anything will be released on the infamous 8-23 date.
    08-22-09 10:37 PM
    just called cuz i have nothing else better to do...both reps acted like they had no clue what was going on and said they could only discuss phone that are currently on their site, which i guess i can understand...

they both said the site could be down until 7am tomorrow so i hope youre right sjsjr
    08-22-09 10:43 PM
    Would be nice but waiting till 7 would also make sense. It is already 12 here on the east coast but would not be yet on the west coast obviously. Maybe that is why it will be down so long. I guess it would depend on where their servers running their site are located.
    08-22-09 11:06 PM
    Site back up, nothing new it seems. Wonder if maybe they were just getting things ready for later on today ? Guess only time will tell.
    08-23-09 12:42 AM
    this is ridiculous...

so i went to verizonwireless.com i noticed no new phones whatsoever...but on top of that i noticed the pricing of the omnia and htc's were different than what i saw last night...

sure enough, the pricing on shopvzw.com is different...and inconsistent...
    08-23-09 10:36 AM
    I just called verizonwireless... this CSR was a freakin RIOT!!! Always good to call verizon for a laugh....

I asked her whats going on with the pricing of the phones...why the pricing for a htc's had a 70 dollar rebate on shopvzw.com (store.verizonwireless.com) and verizonwireless.com had no rebates...

CSR-"Oh sir I'm sorry, store.verizonwireless.com is the website that lists what phones we have in store and what the pricing is, hence the store part of the link."

Me-"No. store.verizonwireless.com is just another way to buy a phone with verizon online...I want to know why the prices are different..."

CSR-"I apologize for the inconvenience. I can assure you that we are not trying to jip you (HAHA she said jip). Its just another way to buy a phone and this sites pricing is different"

Me-"Well could we confirm that with a supervisor?"

CSR-"Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, you have a great day! CLICK"

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    08-23-09 11:17 AM
    Well Verizon never said they were releasing new phones today it was other sources so I can't fault them for that. I get what you are saying but maybe they only had one site updated and not both. Either way it looks like all the reports of new phones were false because there are no new phones on their site and it is the 23rd.
    08-23-09 11:25 AM
    I just called verizonwireless... this CSR was a freakin RIOT!!! Always good to call verizon for a laugh....

I asked her whats going on with the pricing of the phones...why the pricing for a htc's had a 70 dollar rebate on shopvzw.com (store.verizonwireless.com) and verizonwireless.com had no rebates...

CSR-"Oh sir I'm sorry, store.verizonwireless.com is the website that lists what phones we have in store and what the pricing is, hence the store part of the link."

Me-"No. store.verizonwireless.com is just another way to buy a phone with verizon online...I want to know why the prices are different..."

CSR-"I apologize for the inconvenience. I can assure you that we are not trying to jip you (HAHA she said jip). Its just another way to buy a phone and this sites pricing is different"

Me-"Well could we confirm that with a supervisor?"

CSR-"Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, you have a great day! CLICK"

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I do that all the time too, call and talk to people try to make a small issue seem like its worth a call to verizon in the first place then be an @ss about it... Wait... No I don't I have a life to tend to
    08-24-09 09:43 AM
    By having a life you mean coming on crackberry.com and saying s!@t like that? Man what a life!

08-24-09 11:01 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD