Did anyone get this? Dated August 11 but I just received it.

"Verizon Wireless is providing this notice to let you know about unauthorized access to your account....According to our investigation, between February 8 and May 19, 2010, someone unrelated to Verizon Wireless accessed a system that contains some of your customer information. The system that was accessed does not contain any of your banking or credit card information or call details, but does contain your name, phone number, billing address, Social Security number, and information about your Verizon Wireless account..." (including plans and mobile numbers).

They go on to say they have reported this to law enforcement, and "instituted additional safeguards to thwart this type of fraud in the future."

So that I can monitor possible misuse of this info, they are giving a credit monitoring product for two years, no cost, from an Experian company. Told to notify credit bureaus and put a fraud alert on my file.

Anyone else get this letter?
    10-03-10 08:38 AM
    I haven't got this letter. I wouldn't find that surprising that letters are being sent out. I got a letter from a company that had someone had stolen a laptop and had access to personal information awhile back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:58 AM
    I signed up for the 2 year credit monitoring. (And appreciate this from VZW.)
    Hit a snag.
    I signed up for email alerts and want to add the mobile text alerts option. Only the system won't take just my mobile number. They want something added at the end, here are their samples, copied and pasted:

Your SMS Mobile Text emails will be sent to the Mobile Text email address you provide. If you are not sure what your Mobile Text email address is, please contact your wireless phone provider.

Mobile Text email address samples:

9991234567@mobile.mycingular.com
    9991234567@vtext.com
    9991234567@tmomail.net
    Does anyone know what is supposed to come after the mobile number for VZW, as shown in example above?
    10-03-10 09:30 AM
    @vtext.com
    10-03-10 09:42 AM
    Many thanks supermario!
    10-03-10 09:53 AM
    can anyone let me know who to get the free credit report and monitoring?
    10-07-10 03:37 AM
    You would have been notified if your account was effected. So you wouldn't get the monitoring option if you were not.

10-07-10 09:06 AM
    Ugh. Scary. Cool that VZW is offering the credit monitoring but what a hassle and stress.

10-07-10 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD