I really want a Curve on Sprint and I know the rumor is that Verizon gets CDMA Berries first usually so I figured I write to VZW and ask "what's up?".

Well I got an email back today and this is what they wrote. I might suggest Verizon highering a proofreading dept. like the one we have at our company. Notice the error in bold.

*note: in my original email I used the terms "curve" and "8330".

Dear pmjohnson99,

I received your email asking when we will offer the Blackberry Curve or 8830. My name is Chris and I am happy to assist you.

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the Curve or 8830. I apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our website:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=AiDkFX17

You may also receive free e-mail updates as to when new products and services are available. To receive your free e-mail update please click on the following link, to view the "E-mail Updates" page of our website:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=bMB6FtEv

There are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

We do offer the BlackBerry 7130e, BlackBerry Pearl 8130, BlackBerry 8703e and BlackBerry 8830.

I make it my personal goal to provide the best customer service in the industry. I hope that I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Chris
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

I hate when i get a corporate email with mistakes, no matter how small.
    01-10-08 01:18 AM
    Eye git yer pont Mr. 'I figure I write' and 'highering'.

Come on, HIGHERING???? LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-08 03:11 AM

highering is pretty catchy. i'll start using it... now!
    01-10-08 03:18 AM
    highering is pretty catchy. i'll start using it... now!

You like that? Should have proofread myself. Damn spell check! Didn't catch it.
    01-10-08 03:27 AM

I wrote: "I figured I write to VZW". I'll give you the other one...should have caught that one.
    01-10-08 03:30 AM
    I wrote: "I figured I write to VZW". I'll give you the other one...should have caught that one.
    *I figured I'd write...

*I figured I would write...

"HIGHERING"... I know by seeing that, one day I'm going to actually write that.
    Last edited by skyys; 01-10-08 at 04:48 AM.
    01-10-08 04:43 AM
    Dude, it's pretty bad when you go after someone for spelling and grammatical errors when you have several in your own post. Merriam-Webster.com anyone?

Thanks though, I really needed the laugh this morning!
    01-10-08 10:23 AM

LMAO! Good One!
    01-10-08 10:41 AM
    "Highering", how could any spell check have missed that?

Reminds me of Simon and his "drawering".
    01-10-08 10:51 AM
    This is the same form letter they send out to anyone asking those questions. I got one too.
    01-10-08 02:00 PM
    "Highering", how could any spell check have missed that?

Reminds me of Simon and his "drawering".
    Cheeky Monkey!
    01-11-08 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD