Let's say that I had two BlackBerry devices (like a storm and a tour or a storm 1 and storm 2) would it be possible to switch between the two phones without paying an activation fee every time or having two lines? I know you can do this on GSM carriers by switching the SIM card but can you do this on a CDMA carrier like Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 09:31 AM
    Yes you can. Just dial *228 opt 3 form the device you want to activate on the account. Although when you do this you will need to login to the BIS and chage you device pin and ESN or MEID number for email delivery
    05-16-09 09:45 AM
    How do you do that? Would sending for the service books fix that or do I have to manually log in

05-16-09 10:03 AM
    It would be all manual entry, and just sending service books wouldn't help anything if you don't have the right core information switched in the phone.

Do note that Storm activation takes a bit on verizon. So I wouldn't get in the habit of doing it to much, unless you want to waste time out of your day.
    05-16-09 10:12 AM
    Where would I go to log into BIS?

05-16-09 12:34 PM
    05-16-09 12:59 PM
    It would be all manual entry, and just sending service books wouldn't help anything if you don't have the right core information switched in the phone.

Do note that Storm activation takes a bit on verizon. So I wouldn't get in the habit of doing it to much, unless you want to waste time out of your day.
    What do you mean it takes a bit? When ever I do use my Storm on Verizon, the switch between my Pearl and Storm is almost instant. I haven't had to wait for anything. I used the *228 Opt. 3 method above to do this, btw.
    05-16-09 01:02 PM
    There can be a delay. Some Storms are a little problematic and dont take the OTA the first time.
    Oh okay. Storm... Problematic? Why does that not surprise me?
    05-16-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD