My biggest question is: Why? What is the purpose of this?
    12-31-08 07:19 PM
    what when a Verizon Tech asks you for a call back number?
    12-31-08 07:20 PM
    What are you talking about?

If it is the CSR or tech it is so they can call you back if you get cut off so you don't have to start over with someone new.

Few times I have been glad they had my call back number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 07:25 PM
    yes Ok4a56 is def right! I have had many of customers drop the line and get soooo Excited I call them back! It's good customer Service Practice
    12-31-08 07:28 PM
    Also comes in handy when people do not listen to the recording that says, "if you are on phone you are calling about, please call back from another phone".

Then first this out their mouth is, I get email on my device, can you help me? BTW I am talking to you on the phone. DOH!
    12-31-08 07:46 PM
    OK, it appears that no one here understands what I am talking about.

Pull the battery on your BB. Put it back in. Let it load up. Now send a text to another VZW customer. Chances are, your callback number shows. I know mine does. My wifes does. My friends do. WHY? I know their numbers. What is the purpose of this? Why can't it be permanently disabled?
    12-31-08 07:51 PM
    in options/sms.. cant you delete the number?
    12-31-08 08:23 PM
    No, it re-populates with a soft or hard reset. This has been discussed in several threads. i'd like a way to turn call back number off as well.
    i can't find a way to do that.

12-31-08 08:25 PM
    Seriously? No one knows the answer to this yet? Wow. I hate the Callback #. I want it gone forever.
    02-18-09 05:20 PM
    That is the answer. There's no way to remove it.

02-18-09 05:36 PM
    If you got into your text message menu. Click on "settings" then go down to "call back number" and then click "off"......
    02-18-09 05:52 PM
    i don't see that setting, what menu is it in?

02-18-09 05:57 PM
    If you got into your text message menu. Click on "settings" then go down to "call back number" and then click "off"......
    And the network will still send the originating number. The callback number field exists for those people who may want you to call them at a number different from the one they sent you a text on.

02-18-09 05:59 PM
    And the network will still send the originating number. The callback number field exists for those people who may want you to call them at a number different from the one they sent you a text on.

Right. I understand that. But for those who want to remove it...that is how.
    02-18-09 06:09 PM
    I find no setting in Messages > Options to remove the callback number.

The only way that I know to do it is Options > SMS > delete callback number. It will repopulate though after a battery pull as mentioned above.
    02-18-09 08:13 PM
    I think she wasn't talking about BB. She was talking about LG's.
    02-19-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD