ok... i'm trying really hard to be a loyal verizon customer... but heres my concerns..

up to a week ago or so, i was setting myself up to trade in the 8830 for the 8330... wanted the camera and slightly smaller phone.. the 8830 is just.. umm... well its just an 8830... lol..

but with the bold coming... and the unsubstantiated estimates of september, would one say its a good idea to wait for the bold, or drop the dough on the curve!

also... why the heck is with the suggested unsubstantiated specifications excluding wifi on the bold?
    05-19-08 09:29 PM
    Wait. I know it'll be hard, but the Curve really doesn't have much aside from a Camera and most importantly more memory. The other stuff will come if and when an OS update for the 8830 comes.

Let me put it another way. If you get the Curve now, you'll want to get the 9k when it comes out. So, do you want to spend the money twice or just once. Think of the Curve more of a "hold me over"... because it really isn't much beyond that... just a minor update to what the 8830 is.
    05-19-08 11:12 PM
    Eventhough I love the Curve I would wait for the Bold. You can switch to ATT and get it sooner.
    05-19-08 11:14 PM
    hold off until you know for sure what verizon will cripple on the device, then you can make an honest comparison. like jr said don't throw money at them twice.
    05-19-08 11:14 PM
    Think of the Curve as being that girl you saw at the bar you thought was hot. If you buy the Curve now it'll be like you slept with the girl and in the morning you're like... mehhh, should have stayed true to my wife (8830). :lol:
    05-19-08 11:19 PM
    OMG...JRS...that was bad!! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 11:53 PM
    ^^^ That was my point. Sometimes things just look better, but they are not.
    05-20-08 12:30 AM
    I have the 8300 so I'm just gonna skip right to the Bold, even if that means I will have to wait awhile.
    05-20-08 01:53 AM
    A bit OT, but since when is Andy Rooney dead? Also, he was born 1.14.1919.
    05-20-08 01:39 PM
    I was contemplating the curve but have since decided to wait for the Bold.
    05-20-08 02:20 PM
    but with the bold coming... and the unsubstantiated estimates of september, would one say its a good idea to wait for the bold, or drop the dough on the curve!
    I wouldn't trust those claims of a september release. Hasn't Verizon consistently been one year behind being able to sell the latest phone, i.e. 8830, Curve, pearl etc.
    05-20-08 02:56 PM
    If you're on vzw, you might as well pick up a curve. The cdma bold probably won't see the street for a year after the gsm comes out. The next berry for vzw will be the thunder, and I wouldn't even hold out for one of those.

05-20-08 03:01 PM
    I agree, get the curve now, Verizon is notorious for taking their time to release new phones.

05-20-08 03:29 PM
    I would wait. The curve isn't much of an upgrade from the world edition your using now like someone said. Verizon usually does have a year long lag but there isn't usually all these rumors that it is coming out so soon so i would bank on september and wait.
    05-20-08 05:21 PM
    After reading some stuff today in the blogosphere, I'm reminded that the thunderstorm, or tsunami, or whatever the 9500 (maybe) model is supposed to be verizon exclusive initially, am I wrong?

05-20-08 06:00 PM
    I also say wait. I was going to get the curve but I think if the rumors are true for the bold it will be a wiser choice to wait and purchase the bold. Like it was stated a few posts above the curve isn't really much of an upgrade. So I'm a save my $ until the bold is releases just hope it doesn't take until next year like the rest of us on vzw.

05-21-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD