My friend wanted ATT, but her Pa made her get V. She said her montly bill is 70 and that the first month its 120 because of gov taxes (is that suppose to happen) and then, she got the env3 for $140, with no rebates (is that even a good price) she wants to switch to ATT, she got the phone yesterday, they have a deal in her area where she can get a Curve 8900 for $50 and walk out the door with it

also, at the ATT she went to, they were forcing her to get data with her unlimited texting for 10 a month, odd aint it?

how many days does she have to get out of her contract, and if she does, how much will she have to pay back, or can ATT absorb some of these fees?
    07-23-09 12:36 PM
    Entirely sure one thread would have been enough... http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/leaving-v-att-275334/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:48 PM
    One more thread would be ok... might want to add one in the model of phone too.
    07-23-09 12:53 PM
    I wouldnt have to make alternate threads, if people answered questions, instead of mocking them
    07-23-09 12:56 PM
    The woes associated with AT&T's network are well documented, she will be back. As far as the $ with her coming and going, I'm sure you two can figure it out, I'm not going to help her make a huge mistake.

Last edited by cenloe; 07-23-09 at 01:51 PM.
    07-23-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah can't wait to see you back.
    07-23-09 12:58 PM
    First months bill is prorated. It will always be more than your normal bill. The bill could be 70 a month. Depending on when her bill cycle is would determine the actual proration amount.

And first off you came into the VZW section asking questions referring to ATT. I know a good bit about ATT policies and pricing, however if she has already received her first months bill then she has already went past her 30 day WFG.

As far as the EnV3 pricing goes that depends on when she bought the phone. Pricing changes a lot and was it an Early Upgrade ($20 fee is charged) where the phone might have been $119.99 then with additional cost makes it $140.

There are so many missing pieces to this puzzle it's hard to figure out what the real issue is. Be more clear when asking questions
    07-23-09 01:32 PM
    First months bill is prorated. It will always be more than your normal bill. The bill could be 70 a month. Depending on when her bill cycle is would determine the actual proration amount.

And first off you came into the VZW section asking questions referring to ATT. I know a good bit about ATT policies and pricing, however if she has already received her first months bill then she has already went past her 30 day WFG.

As far as the EnV3 pricing goes that depends on when she bought the phone. Pricing changes a lot and was it an Early Upgrade ($20 fee is charged) where the phone might have been $119.99 then with additional cost makes it $140.

There are so many missing pieces to this puzzle it's hard to figure out what the real issue is. Be more clear when asking questions
    I understand bills are prorated, but the fees and taxes put on her bill(she said its by the state and FCC, are about 50, while her monthly bill is 70, totally 120 for her first bill or around there.

She has yet to get a first bill, its only been two days, they just told her what to expect on her first bill. So does this mean V has 30 days to cancel the contract, would she still have to pay for minutes used during the day time, and what about restocking fees, and how about them government taxes?

No she lives in the country, I guess she doesn't get many options, she was a first time new user.
    07-23-09 01:41 PM
    The $50 probably includes the activation fee. She can expect the same from att.

07-23-09 01:53 PM
    "Pa" made her get verizon but now she can leave? Did she off "Pa" or what?

Prices are the same between companies. Verizon phone prices tend toward being a little less money.

Att will not absorb any costs. If she needed a deposit on verizon, she probably needs one on att too. Unless she went as a sub under "Pa" on his account.

Sounds to me like you're putting pressure on her to switch and are looking for reasons to use on her.

Give it up. Only a dope would come to a verizon forum and ask how to get away from verizon. You're better off scheming in the att forums.

07-23-09 01:55 PM
    att and verizon prices are pretty much the same except verizon is bigger and better so she good where she's at maybe you should switch to verizon so you can both be together
    07-23-09 02:58 PM
    Yeah you 2 and pa
    07-23-09 03:00 PM
    the pa comments are killing me.lol
    07-23-09 03:05 PM
    the pa comments are killing me.lol
    Her and pa started it
    07-23-09 03:15 PM
    What does pa mean?

07-23-09 03:17 PM
    it means her personal assistant
    07-23-09 03:18 PM
    thats a lie pretty sure she means her dad/father/papa
    07-23-09 03:18 PM
    "Pa" papa?, or papi? Depends on ethnicity! Lol
    07-23-09 03:49 PM
    Apparently the op's ethnicity is counrty gal lol
    07-23-09 03:52 PM
    Exacta. She is a country girl, however, thats her grandfather.

Now, I dont see why you children are so emotional, its really unbecoming. If you say you are on the best network, then why not act like the best customers? my whole family is on ATT, why would I switch to Verizon? Also, I do not use many minutes and have no problems with them, and I prefer their phones over V's

Anyway, she wants to make the switch because she prefers to have rollover(she use to have ATT until her parents died) and now her Pa said she should get Verizon, but she really would want ATT.

I think part of that money is the activation fee, but that is often waived at ATT.
    07-23-09 04:00 PM
    Well, their both pretty good carriers. If she wants att, then let her go att. If she wants to pay the cancellation fee, etc... Let her do her own thing. Its not a big deal. What ever she wants. Now, if she is on someone plan & doesn't want/afford to get her own plan then tough...
    BTW, I'm sorry for her loss...
    07-23-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD