So I'm going to be switching to VZW, anything I should know? I will most likely be getting their version of the bold although I"m tempted to get the storm, I'm not crazy about texting on the screen but I'd like a bigger screen for other things.. Opinions? Does the storm have the light for video camera? I use mine as a flashlight all the time. Any info would be helpful, I want to make this transition as smooth as possible.
    11-16-10 08:18 PM
    I would choose the Bold over the Storm 2...
    11-16-10 11:04 PM
    You can go into the store and play with both and make a choice. Me personally I have had both, and I prefer my bold over the storm. I do miss the big screen though. Also just know vzw cost way more than tmobile. the bold is a great phone aside os6 and more memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 11:07 PM
    So I'm going to be switching to VZW, anything I should know? I will most likely be getting their version of the bold although I"m tempted to get the storm, I'm not crazy about texting on the screen but I'd like a bigger screen for other things.. Opinions? Does the storm have the light for video camera? I use mine as a flashlight all the time. Any info would be helpful, I want to make this transition as smooth as possible.
    Funny, I just did the opposite. Just joined TMO today

To answer your question, get the bold. Probably the best BB I've used. I think you'll feel the same way.
    11-17-10 03:13 PM
    Why switch for the same phone?? Coverage? Employee discount?
    11-17-10 03:19 PM
    vzw wont allow me to use my tmo bold, I'm sure I could try getting it unlocked but I dont know how to go about that, plus i'm hoping to catch a sale, Maybe I'll get a phone for free and I can sell my current bold.
    11-20-10 01:03 PM
    vzw wont allow me to use my tmo bold, I'm sure I could try getting it unlocked but I dont know how to go about that, plus i'm hoping to catch a sale, Maybe I'll get a phone for free and I can sell my current bold.
    It is not an issue of VZW not allowing it. T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, and VZW is a CDMA carrier. The networks are not compatible. GSM phones will not work on CDMA networks, and vice-versa.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-20-10 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the info. So does unlocking a phone allow for the networks to be changed?

11-20-10 01:55 PM
    Thanks for the info. So does unlocking a phone allow for the networks to be changed?

Unlocking lets you use the device on another GSM carrier's network. So if you unlock it, you could use it on AT&T. You would just get an AT&T SIM card.

CDMA does not use SIM cards. You cannot use GSM devices on CDMA networks, whether locked or unlocked.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-20-10 02:01 PM
    get the Bold 9650.. do not get the storm 2.. storm 2 cant even get 6.0, bold 9650 already has a couple 6.0 leaks out for it. Bold 9650 is a very very nice Blackberry, best one I have ever had so far
    11-20-10 02:55 PM
    you can use your bold 9650 on tmo. I have a co worker who is doing that. just you wont get 3g speeds on it. only edge. If you've been with vzw for a while (ie: 6 months +) you can ask them to unlock for you as your going over seas or something. they should do it. as I read that they will be willing to unlock it if you have been with them for 6mths or more. then you can get tmo sim card and should work. hope any bit of this info helps you out.
    11-20-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD