Long time user of AT&T. I am leaving, only because their prices are ridiculous. Not sure if I want to go T-Mobile or Verizon, so Im posting in both for feedback. Most of my friends are on verizon. I have a blackberry 8320, (sold this morning), and I love the wifi capability, i like the internet. I think I want to step out of the blackberry world and get something comparable or better.

I would like something a little faster on the net, simpler and better internet viewing or usage. Tethering would be great. Qwerty is good but not required.

Throw some suggestions at me, and let me know about plans also! Thanks!
    05-22-09 10:07 AM
    Hi!
    If prices were to steep for you on AT&T chances are you will see the same pricing on Verizon. (Unless, like you had said; you'd be able to use a lower minute plan being that friends/family use VZW)

If your looking for wifi on VZW they only sell a few Devices in which you are looking.

The Samsung Saga is a pretty well built device with QWERTY and WiFi. (I'd compare it to a... curve?)
    Enter your location
    The Samsung Ominia is also a decent phone (touchscreen) with Wifi
    Enter your location
    And of coarse, you can look into Verizons Palm/HTC Models.

On T-mobile, you can see cheaper prices, BUT if you use more Verizon to Verizon you'll need a higher plan.
    I'm unsure of their Wifi QWERTY devices, But I know they've got the 8900
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 05-22-09 at 10:18 AM.
    05-22-09 10:16 AM
    I already had the omnia in mind, decent? Cons of it? Do you recomment the saga over the omnia?

What do you think about the top 5 plans or whatever Verizon calls it?

Thanks for your input!
    05-22-09 10:25 AM
    If you do a lot of messaging I wouldn't recommend the omnia. If you do a lot of browsing and media type applications then get the omnia. When I had the omnia I was very frustrated with typing, but I was used to a Blackberry keyboard and was a little biased toward bb
    05-22-09 10:33 AM
    If you do a lot of messaging I wouldn't recommend the omnia. If you do a lot of browsing and media type applications then get the omnia. When I had the omnia I was very frustrated with typing, but I was used to a Blackberry keyboard and was a little biased toward bb
    I want to do both, messaging and internet. I too, will probably have a hrad time adjusting from the bb keyboard.
    05-22-09 10:56 AM
    I'd either get the Curve if wifi isn't a deal breaker or get the Saga if you really want wifi but want a hard keyboard.

You can get the F&F for 900 minutes or higher and add up to five people to talk to free that are Non-Verizon customers.
    05-22-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD