I have a VZW 8330 Curve and I think I saw a long time ago that there is a number you can call so you can leave someone a voicemail and not have that persons phone ring.

So basically I want to leave someone a voicemail tomorrow on their birthday to be nice, but I dont want to talk to them. How do you do that?
    05-04-09 02:21 PM
    If they are also on Verizon, you can do it from your voicemail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 02:58 PM
    I have a VZW 8330 Curve and I think I saw a long time ago that there is a number you can call so you can leave someone a voicemail and not have that persons phone ring.

So basically I want to leave someone a voicemail tomorrow on their birthday to be nice, but I dont want to talk to them. How do you do that?

lol, im guessing this is an ex-girlfriend? That made me laugh.

But yes, if they have verizon just call into your voicemail and do prompt 2 to "leave a message"
    05-04-09 03:17 PM
    Slydial- it works great. Its saved me many times when I just wanted to say something quick without having a whole conversation. The only thing is if you are calling a CDMA-based number, the receiving phone will ring a half-ring. If you call a GSM-based number, the receiving phone will not ring at all. I guess it has something to do with the way the systems are setup.

If calling a CDMA-based number and they call you back saying they missed the call, just say it rang and went to voicemail.

Here's the website: Welcome – slydial

and the number: 267-759-3425

It's free to use, but there is a short (about 10sec) ad to listen to. Not a bad price to pay for the convenience.
    05-04-09 09:48 PM
    This is pretty cool. Could use it to call in sick to work! (oh yeah, I'd be calling myself....uggh!). This would have come in handy years ago.

Bozz
    05-05-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD