I'm considering using a different smartphone for an undetetmined time. What happens to my vzw BlackBerry BIS email address? Is it available for me again if I return to a BB, or do I have to start all over again if returning to the BB platform?

Thx all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 07:30 AM
    When you de activate Blackberry Data off your account, they are usually removed within 30 days, and then yes if you come back you have to get the address again.

Unless your carrier has general data that you just upgrade, or that will work on your new phone it should stay active.

10-18-10 08:15 AM
    Thx. I'm staying with vzw, just flirting with trying an Incredible until time to renew contract.

10-18-10 11:15 AM
    I never give anyone the direct BB address for this reason.
    When I had my BB I gave the email that I forwarded to that account.
    10-18-10 09:41 PM
    If you re-activate the same BlackBerry with the same phone number your @vzw.blackberry.net address SHOULD reactivate automatically. But I can't guarantee it, just going from experience going back and forth from my Droid X and Bold a few times a month, I've never had a problem.
    10-19-10 12:18 AM
    I believe if you leave for a while (not just a few times each month) but many months, you'll probably lose it. I don't know of the exact time but this is what I've heard.

10-19-10 11:06 AM
    You'd be surprised how long they will keep old emails addresses active. I still have an old comcast email address from an account that was cancelled 5 years or more ago!
    10-19-10 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD