Well i bought the new Env Touch Friday when it first came out and needless to say its back in the hands of the vzw reps at the store. I thought i would like it and i really didn't want to keep paying the $29.99 a month for the blackberry internet package that i dont use all that much. But i must say its not easy to go back to a "dumbphone" from a smartphone. Its amazing how used to a blackberry you get. It was almost like i couldn't operate the LG anymore. I work so much quicker on my berry. So ill just suck it up and pay the $29.99 extra. The Touch is definitely a nice phone, just not the phone for me. Back to my trusty curve(AGAIN)! Just thought id share my experience with everybody. Thanx for reading
    06-07-09 02:49 AM
    Once you go Black(berry), you never go back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 02:54 AM
    But i must say its not easy to go back to a "dumbphone" from a smartphone.
    I know what you mean. I am using an Samsung Alias due to budget cuts here at work, and having to give the blackberry back. I should only have to use this for another month or so, and my wife was Laughing her a$$ off when I could not figure out how to operate this stupid phone. It was not fun!
    06-07-09 03:29 AM
    Once you go Black(berry), you never go back!

That is what I have been told
    06-07-09 03:29 AM
    I've had no problems going back & forth - form factor is my biggest thing.

For personal use, this is probably my last BlackBerry. They are now so far behind, they may never catch up.

06-07-09 03:38 AM
    I've had no problems going back & forth - form factor is my biggest thing.

For personal use, this is probably my last BlackBerry. They are now so far behind, they may never catch up.

im sure there will be a few of us happy to see you put the berry away

none the less as far as the OP go's

I can understand the pain of the data plan but what was bad about the env touch I am just curious...

what features was it lacking that didn't take you in.
    06-07-09 06:56 AM
    Great story. I don't think I can ever downgrade!!!!

06-07-09 07:42 AM
    Had the original EnV way back when. It was a pain getting into applications and the videos took forever to buffer. And it was not cheap when you add on Vcast services. Much prefer the BB's!!!
    06-07-09 08:39 AM
    I have trouble texting on dumbphones, I can imagine its quite amusing to watch!

06-07-09 09:44 AM
    im sure there will be a few of us happy to see you put the berry away
    Hey now - I did say my PERSONAL phone.

We have too big an investment in BES to jump ship with the business phones.

For business, BlackBerry is still hard to beat. For personal use, it is rapidly becoming a
    dinosaur for use only by those who don't expect as much from their device as they can get from others.

06-07-09 10:44 AM

For business, BlackBerry is still hard to beat. For personal use, it is rapidly becoming a
    dinosaur for use only by those who don't expect as much from their device as they can get from others.

Have you seen the new RIM support plans? The elite program is nuts. I am scared of how much it would cost.

06-07-09 05:59 PM
    Agreed, there is a reason they call it crackberry.
    06-07-09 06:25 PM

I know im just giving you a hard time

its all in good fun man
    06-07-09 07:42 PM
    I could never go back to a dumbphone for personal or business. I try out windows mobile every 2 months or so thinking I'm missing out on something but it never fails I alway come back to bb within a day

I really enjoyed symbian devices when I was on gsm, if I couldn't have blackberry I would go back to s60, the e71 is a fantastic piece of hardware
    06-07-09 07:43 PM

none the less as far as the OP go's

I can understand the pain of the data plan but what was bad about the env touch I am just curious...

what features was it lacking that didn't take you in.
    Honestly it just felt strange going back to a regular phone. I guess i have gotten so used to the speed of everything the blackberry does. I can message so much faster on the berry. It takes more steps to do everything on the LG. In my opinion(as odd as it may sound) blackberry's are more simplified. The only real flaw i found was that the keyboard while texting was a little lagged. It took some time to catch up to itself. Other than that it was just the phone overall. I guess the best way to explain is that it simply isn't a Blackberry.

On a different note if there was one thing about the Touch i could carry over to my curve it would be the ability to set multiple alarms. But that's all.
    06-07-09 09:27 PM
    Multiple Alarms are the only thing I miss from my enV. But after having blackberries this long, I do not think I could ever go back (unless money was reallytight)...
    06-09-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD