regarding browsing while talking... Is this a iPhone/BlackBerry issue?... are AT&T BBs able to do this?? Is Verizon going to rectify this inability??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 08:07 PM
    It seems to me that people didn't know about this until att started mentioning it all in the commercials.

If you have wifi, its not a problem. Verizons cdma network is not capable of simultaneous voice and data like att's gsm network. T mobile can do it too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:09 PM
    VZW will be rolling out LTE starting next year. Once this new technology is in place, simultaneous use of voice and data will be possible, even without Wi-Fi.
    12-18-09 09:15 PM
    The thing the AT&T ads do not say (unless it's at the bottom of the screen in tiny type), is that it works on 3G (surfing and talking) or Wifi, but not on EDGE. SO if yo have a non 3G phone, and are not in a WiFi hotspot (with a phone that allows for it), you don't surf and talk.

And I have a funny feeling that most of AT&Ts customers don't have 3G or WiFi to make the cost of the ads worth it. But like Silenttt said, lets the folks with phone capable of doing both, know they could do it.

"Hang on a second Bob, I'll look up that adult book & toy store for ya.... and while you're in that part of town, the hookers on the corner of 2nd and Main are the best, says so on Google Maps and twitter."
    12-18-09 09:21 PM
    "Hang on a second Bob, I'll look up that adult & book toy store for ya.... and while you're in that part of town, the hookers on the corner of 2nd and Main are the best, says so on Google Maps and twitter."
    That's priceless.....HILARIOUS
    12-18-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD