I just got done talking with a Verizon rep asking her when we would see the BlackBerry Z10 arrive in stores (the demo units). She said she wished she knew but didn't. But then after we were talking she said: "Have a wonderful night and at least you will be the one with THE new popular phone!". The way she said that and throughout our conversation, she thinks that the Z10 will be a highly successful phone.
    03-23-13 05:32 PM
    This falls in line with my prediction. I believe that the marketing machine for BB10 in the U.S. will be solely and exclusively promoted by Verizon. This could be on the same level as the "DROID" campaign.. which is kind of the sole reason people use android today.
    ajst222, ummie4, thmarbeef and 1 others like this.
    03-24-13 01:13 AM
    This falls in line with my prediction. I believe that the marketing machine for BB10 in the U.S. will be solely and exclusively promoted by Verizon. This could be on the same level as the "DROID" campaign.. which is kind of the sole reason people use android today.
    Droid is Verizon's baby...maybe that can change haha
    03-24-13 08:41 AM
    Latest convo with a Verizon rep:-image.jpg
    Preorder out of stock at Verizon!?
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-26-13 03:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	144165
    Preorder out of stock at Verizon!?
    I saw that as well! I ordered mine at Best Buy and will be picking up on the 28th...I hope I get it the 28th!
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-26-13 05:52 PM
    If that WAS the case, it has since changed. It's all normal over there now
    03-27-13 12:04 PM
    Yep, back to normal over there...

I tried to talk a rep into moving up my renewal eligibility date from May to tomorrow, so I can get my hands on the goodness. They wouldn't budge even when I gently threatened to go to AT&T where I could get one on contract today if I wanted to.

Tomorrow I will try my luck with the manager at my local Verizon store.
    03-27-13 07:08 PM

I tried to talk a rep into moving up my renewal eligibility date from May to tomorrow, so I can get my hands on the goodness. They wouldn't budge even when I gently threatened to go to AT&T where I could get one on contract today if I wanted to.

Yea apparently only store managers can authorize early upgrades so good luck tomorrow! I gotta pick mine up at Best Buy myself since I preordered.
    03-27-13 07:20 PM
    Yea apparently only store managers can authorize early upgrades so good luck tomorrow! I gotta pick mine up at Best Buy myself since I preordered.
    I got mine preordered at Bestbuy too. Are you just going up there in the morning or waiting to get called?
    03-27-13 08:08 PM

Only credit department can change the actual upgrade date.
    03-27-13 08:34 PM
    You'll have a better chance by offering something than threatening. They need a business case to authorize an early upgrade. Unfortunately, terminating your contract and bolting to another carrier is not a good "business case". Offering to purchase a prepaid phone if they'll let you upgrade could work - manager and store gets a new line of service, you get the z10 now vs in may. Cost is about 100 bucks - you'll get a flip phone with a new number - could make sense if you have someone to give the phone to or use as a secondary/backup phone. They'll also probably have you buy 3+ accessories to complete the deal. If the manager doesnt bring up this proposal, present it to him/her - it should work. Best of luck - man i want a z10...typing on this htc dinc2 keyboard is...smh

Source: truthinbricks.com
    03-27-13 09:18 PM

They moved mine up a month when I told them my device broke.
    03-28-13 12:15 AM
    I just got done talking with a Verizon rep asking her when we would see the BlackBerry Z10 arrive in stores (the demo units). She said she wished she knew but didn't. But then after we were talking she said: "Have a wonderful night and at least you will be the one with THE new popular phone!". The way she said that and throughout our conversation, she thinks that the Z10 will be a highly successful phone.
    It could also be good customer service. She already knows youre only interested in that one specific phone, so why not encourage the sale? HOWEVER, I was speaking with a rep and when they asked me which device I was thinking about getting and I mentioned the Z10. They seemed very positive about it, something like "GREAT CHOICE YOULL LOVE IT", but again.... could just be good customer service. After all, even when I got the first storm, I never had anyone say "why do you want that crap?" ya know.
    03-28-13 12:17 AM
    Just got off the phone for the 3rd time with Verizon and he said like Apple, BlackBerry is not allowing early upgrades because the phone is "too new". Has anyone else ran into this. I'm having issues with my 9930 and really don't feel like getting replacement device #6.
    It could also be good customer service. She already knows youre only interested in that one specific phone, so why not encourage the sale? HOWEVER, I was speaking with a rep and when they asked me which device I was thinking about getting and I mentioned the Z10. They seemed very positive about it, something like "GREAT CHOICE YOULL LOVE IT", but again.... could just be good customer service. After all, even when I got the first storm, I never had anyone say "why do you want that crap?" ya know.
    03-29-13 12:04 PM
    Just got off the phone for the 3rd time with Verizon and he said like Apple, BlackBerry is not allowing early upgrades because the phone is "too new". Has anyone else ran into this. I'm having issues with my 9930 and really don't feel like getting replacement device #6.
    Yesterday, I just got my date moved up by 21 days by telling them my 9930 is crapping out. I should have my new Z10 Monday. I say keep trying (it took me several tries).
    Last edited by pili4; 03-29-13 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-29-13 02:40 PM
    Well apparently 4th time is the charm with Verizon. I called again yesterday and a very nice rep, after listening, to the issues I'm currently having with my Bold "pulled some strings" and got a manger to do any early upgrade. My order is processing now so I expect the phone by Wednesday.
    pili4 likes this.
    03-30-13 01:31 PM