I love my phone and all, but seems like everyday i find something else wrong with this damn thing!

Alright, on my sidekick, back when i had that lame thing, If i logged onto msn/aim, i would NEVER get kicked off, it never timed out, even overnight, even if i decided to sleep 15 hours.

Now, on my storm, im noticing that it kicks me off, after a while, and RARELY survives over night ( i think it's survived overnight twice.)

Its not that i just noticed now, i just thought it was something phones did. Untill i remembered it didint do that on my sidekick.
    02-12-10 02:01 PM
    AIM is bb unfriendly. I guess bb focuses on bbm for their messenging needs.
    02-12-10 02:28 PM
    no actually let me correct that. bb hates aim. there you go =] I would always get kicked out of aim here and there on the storm.
    02-12-10 02:29 PM
    I use Yahoo on mine and it stays logged in all the time. It may be an AOL thing, but it's not VZW.
    02-12-10 09:05 PM
    Yahoo and aim KILL your batter big time I only log into those when a conversation is going to happen or happening (so yeah rarely) I'm pretty obsessed with BBM. Plus they work on separate servers associated with RIM those servers are also what give you that desktop chat experience. The consequence of this is getting booted which typically happened to me more on a desktop yahoo instant messenge. Just focus on BBM you'll be pleased!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 08:20 AM
    I use yahoo as well and stayed logged in for weeks unless I pull the battery.

02-13-10 08:21 AM
    Ya me too. I am constantly logged into Yahoo. Haven't ever noticed any battery issues, and just very rarely do I ever get booted off.

02-13-10 07:57 PM
    Sidekicks were designed pretty much around AIM and back then, AIM was the biggest thing. AIM=Sidekick like BBM=Blackberry.

No phones I ever had had a constant AIM connection for more then 4 days and I have had Sprint/T-Mo (No sidekick)/VZW. Also all different phones BB/Samsung/LG/Nokia...etc.
    02-13-10 08:35 PM
    I am on Google Talk and stay connected at all times. My Job uses it so I am stuck with that. I have yet to try BBM. Hope to find some friends there soon.
    02-17-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD