10-12-11 01:58 AM
30 12
tools
    wow, I suppose the reason reps are pushing Android and Apple is probably because that is what is in demand. There are more Android devices out there than anything else. I encounter very few customers who have BB's nowadays. When I mention BB as an upgrade, most people say no and that they are too slow and have no apps. It would help if we had demo's or people to play with.
    09-30-11 08:38 PM
    wow, I suppose the reason reps are pushing Android and Apple is probably because that is what is in demand. There are more Android devices out there than anything else. I encounter very few customers who have BB's nowadays. When I mention BB as an upgrade, most people say no and that they are too slow and have no apps. It would help if we had demo's or people to play with.
    Even with the demo, the fact is, most people want appps and BB has no way to hold a candle to the iOS and Android library.
    10-03-11 10:59 AM
    This is my Vzw story for the day. I stopped in to upgrade. I have the S2 and want the 9850. They did not have any in the store. I asked about the 9930. He got all excited telling me about the keyboard PLUS the touch screen. They did not have any 9930's in stock.

I was all primed to lay down some cash for a new BB. I would have bought either phone. I came home empty handed.
    10-03-11 03:30 PM
    This is my Vzw story for the day. I stopped in to upgrade. I have the S2 and want the 9850. They did not have any in the store. I asked about the 9930. He got all excited telling me about the keyboard PLUS the touch screen. They did not have any 9930's in stock.

I was all primed to lay down some cash for a new BB. I would have bought either phone. I came home empty handed.
    They had to special order my S2 from another Verizon store and have it shipped in. They didn't have any BBs in stock other than that God awful Curve and I would have rather shaved my head with a cheese grater.
    10-04-11 10:19 AM

Could have done a direct fulfillment order and had it the next day (of ordering early enough, if not then one more day) but yeah it sucks.

When I got mine a couple weeks after it came out the corporate store didn't have it displayed but the mall kiosk (also a corporate store and the same employees work both) did. I had heard so many negative reviews about the camera I wanted to play around with one myself. After a few test shots I was convinced that the negative reviews were overrated and I said something about it to the rep at the counter and she said something about it seeming okay to her.

I mulled it over for a couple days and then ordered it online (I paid full retail and didn't want to mess up some unlucky rep's commission) a couple nights later. When the phone came I went into the corporate store a couple days later and asked about a second battery and showed the rep the phone. She asked where I got it and I told her and she said they didn't have it in stock but she could order it for me if I wanted. The full store still didn't have one on display for whatever reason.

Fast forward a couple weeks and i was at the mall kiosk again and one of the reps I usually talk to was there and we were chatting and he asked me if I were interested in the Bold. I told him that I already had one and showed him lol... he then told me he was actually considering it himself. He has a Droid Charge (he and I have had more than one convo about Samsung and their lack of software upgrades) but was sick of not getting his exchange email on time (for school), he had missed an assignment and an opportunity to retake an online test because an email sent out on Thursday didn't reach him till Monday. We then chatted for a little bit about Blackberry in general. He asked me how I liked mine and how I had mine set up (did I use the various panels or just configure everything old school) and that kinda thing. Also we both agreed that even though the Torch had the same internals as the Bold it was uber laggy

I found it refreshing that someone int he store not only understood Blackberries but also used one or was going to use one. I haven't seen that in a while.

Personally I think that a lot of the reason the BB's tend to be in the back of the store or not displayed is because it has been so long since we have gotten any new BB models and those shelves were long since given up to something that actually sells. Now they need to make a conscious decision to put out the new models replacing something they pretty much know will sell with something that is a gamble (like it or not BB is now a niche, not as mainstream as it once was). It's not like it was when the Bold replaced the Tour or the S2 replaced the S1 or the 8830/8330.

And guys it could be worse, you could be looking for a WP7 handset and actually having a rep bash it and actively try to talk you out of it.
    10-12-11 01:58 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD