10-12-11 12:58 AM
30 12
tools
    Just went into the local VZW store in Springville Saturday since they ph'ed me to tell me that the new Bold 9930 was in. Here's the conversation:

Me: You guys phoned me to tell me that the new Bold 9930 is in, can I see it? I don't see it on display.
    Him: The what?
    Me: The new phone from BB, the Bold 9930.
    Him: Oh you mean the Bold Touch?
    Me: Yes, that's it.
    Him: (After he goes into a cabinet behind the counter and pulls out a new in a box 9930). Here it is.
    Me: So you don't have one on display for me to look at?
    Him: No, maybe I can power up this one?
    Me: Well, before I lay down a couple hundred dollars, I have a couple things that I'd like to see, for example, the browser, and how quickly it loads pages.
    Him: I don't be able to do that here.
    Me: Are there other locations where I might be able to see this phone on display and working?
    Him: I don't know.
    Me: Are you a company store or an authorized dealer?
    Him: They're the same thing.
    Me: huh?

So, I gave up trying to see the phone at this location. While I was there I decided to take off the tethering service that I use over the summer aboard my sailboat, so I asked him to pull up my account so that we can make sure that the service is stopped on the paid up date: Sept 3. He then said he couldn't do that, and that I'd have to come back in on that date to accomplish that. I said, you're kidding. I drove several miles to see a brand new phone that I'm very interested in, couldn't see it, and now you tell me that I can't cancel tethering which is already paid up to the end of this week?

My last statement as I was walking out the store: " You won't see me here anymore".

I've been in the business world for over 35 years, have my own company for the past 26, this is just absolutely unbelievable and terrible service VZW. Shame on you.
    08-28-11 07:02 AM
    They do seem to be bent tward Android and Apple phones. The 9930 was on display at my local store, but they want to sell Android phones. The same took place when I ordered my 9930 on the phone with VRZ. The rep asked if I was sure I did't want an Android phone. They must get more spiffs and commissions for selling Androids.
    08-28-11 07:28 AM
    That's everywhere these days. I had the sales girl shoving Android down my throat when I requested a Storm2. You push what sells and Android sells.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 11:22 AM
    Couldn't you use WiFi to check out the browser?

08-28-11 11:25 AM
    Walked into a deserted (hurricane irene) vzw store (Exton, PA) yestrerday with my son.
    Five sales people huddled around a desk - asked to see a 9930 Bold.
    "They are not in, not expected for 3 weeks".
    May I see a demo?
    "Don't have one, don't know if we are getting one anytime soon".
    FWIW I have 6 phones on vzw including multiple BB's.
    Terrible customer service, terrible attitude, typical vzw.
    08-28-11 11:41 AM
    I was in a VZ store in king of Prussia, PA (close to you) also yesterday. They had posters up of the "new" curve 9330 supporting the new os6 software? Huh?

As soon as I saw that I turned around and walked out.

Walked into a deserted (hurricane irene) vzw store (Exton, PA) yestrerday with my son.
    Five sales people huddled around a desk - asked to see a 9930 Bold.
    "They are not in, not expected for 3 weeks".
    May I see a demo?
    "Don't have one, don't know if we are getting one anytime soon".
    FWIW I have 6 phones on vzw including multiple BB's.
    Terrible customer service, terrible attitude, typical vzw.
    08-28-11 12:24 PM
    I haven't been to a verizon store in over 4 months but last time I went I remember seeing everything but Blackberrys.

Look all around and you will see them pushing Android like crazy. Android gets the most hype so more people want them so Verizon will try to sell them. I originally wanted an android for all the apps but after seeing how people feel about them I'm happy with my blackberry. I may try out an iphone one day but for now I'm all blackberry.

But as for the tethering thing you can call them up and cancel it or go online.
    08-28-11 12:43 PM
    But as for the tethering thing you can call them up and cancel it or go online.
    Thx, I knew that but I thought while I was there.....................besides I was hoping that the whole trip into the store wouldn't be lost, but as it may, it was.......
    08-28-11 12:52 PM
    i know how you feel 100%,

i walked into my local vzw store a day before hurricane irene looking to play with the 9930 before i buy it next week. It was pretty busy.. (it was only 3 reps behind the desk.. and 5 people standing up.. two buying new phones) so I'm waiting walking around looking at other phones they have.. he asks me while he was helping someone else did i need help with something i say:

Me: Yes i was wondering do you have the 9930 here
    Rep:Uh let em check
    Rep: i suppose to be getting them in sometime tonight but i don't know
    Me: do you know how much it will be (even tho i already knew the price)
    rep: $79.00 two year agreement
    Me:Ok goodbye

i knew from the start he must of thought i was talking about the curve because thats the only one i know vzw sales for 80$

No offensive to the smart reps out there.. but every time i walk into my local carrier store looking for a phone i just ask do they have it and i want to buy it.. the rest that they're are talking about goes in one ear and out the next. because they don't know a thing about it

Only thing i listen to is when they talking about my plan n other stuff that they only good for
    08-28-11 05:50 PM
    They do seem to be bent tward Android and Apple phones. The 9930 was on display at my local store, but they want to sell Android phones. The same took place when I ordered my 9930 on the phone with VRZ. The rep asked if I was sure I did't want an Android phone. They must get more spiffs and commissions for selling Androids.

For the most part, my 9930 VZW experience was pretty good... I had a woman representative walk over to the 9930 DISPLAY (yes, they had one on friday the 26th thankfully) and I said that I'm looking to purchase this and she was like oh wow... This is the new blackberry touch screen and all right? I was like yes. And then when she was helping me at the counter, I couldn't help but ask her "so, I assume you guys haven't sold a lot of these since you didn't really know the phone to begin with." She said no its not that... I just haven't actually seen it yet.

But you know... Regardless, good experience, but yeah, they're not being really filled in on bb these days it seems like

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-28-11 10:55 PM
    This is like the 8th thread I've seen just about the new bbs and Verizon's incompetence to sell them. We should make a stand. I am not getting an Android or an iPhone 5. I am getting a Blackberry. If it has to be elsewhere then Verizon, so be it, it seems they don't care to keep their bb customers happy, or keep them at all. They really don't care, its obvious form the complaints I've read in the past few days just checking for news on the Torch coming to VZN, don't get us started on that in this thread, I know. All bb users or potential converts, should go somewhere else, let them have their Androids, and sell them too. If we all up and left one day, they might feel the pain, but they know people need phones, and that fact alone keeps them in business. I wish we could get someone to invest and start our own competing carrier.
    08-29-11 11:36 AM
    Don't go to the store at all if you want to buy a BB. Problem solved.
    08-29-11 02:09 PM
    I've found VZW store reps to be hit and miss. Some really knowledgeable and helpful, (one even said he was on crackberry quite a bit) and others clueless. They do push Android, no doubt.

I stick with VZW because of coverage, signal strength, and anytime I call their customer service directly, it's unbelievable. In fact, in going from a BES BB data plan at 44.99 a month, to the iphone unlimited plan, $29.99 (grandfathered in) I've had four phone calls over the past week. 3 telling me they were still processing, and one yesterday to tell me it was done. Their service is really good, or it always has been for me.

What you get in a store with usually a kid working, that's another story.
    08-29-11 03:55 PM
    I feel really bad for everyone who's stores didn't have demo units to play with. I went to two different VZW corporate stores in opposite ends of Long Island in New York and they both had demo units out, next to the android phones, in the front, from as early as aug 15. I was playing with one while waiting for them to process an insurance replacement and then I had one reserved to pick up on release day, the 25th, at the other store (which also had a demo unit out for at least a week in the front with android devices).

Interesting to note that all the tablets and iProducts were in the back corner and all the blackberries were up in front with the androids, curves and bolds alike.

08-30-11 01:28 AM
    They are getting very few of them and sell out quickly. I also had to ask to handle one multiple times, and finally got it. They had one device on display, and one in the back. That's it, sold out.

The one on display was surrounded by Android phones and tablets. That just reflects RIM's situation at the moment, maybe it will improve when it ships all its selection in enough volume and the devices prove to be selling well. RIM is just starting to turn the tide after wasting an eternity. It will take time.
    08-30-11 01:38 AM
    The town in which I live must have the best VZW store because I have always been happy with their service. This particular location must do a great job keeping their associates happy as I see the same faces each time I go in. Just last week I dropped by to see if they had a spare battery door for my recently acquired 9650 and I was given one in brand new condition free of charge. A couple days ago I went in to get a Body Glove snap on hard case for it and walked out with it for just 8 bucks. Two reps commented on my bargain basement Bold then proceeded to ask me if I knew about the new Bold, then directed me to where the store had it on display. (I was impressed with the 9930...very sexy hardware) It's a shame all stores can't be this good...hopefully the others will get their acts together.

09-01-11 08:25 AM
    Me: Are you a company store or an authorized dealer?
    Him: They're the same thing.
    Me: huh?
    TRMN8R -- did you ever confirm if it's a true VZW corporate store or a reseller? I've found that can make an enormous difference and so I only deal with corporate stores these days. That's not to say the company stores are 100% staffed with winner employees, but I've found it to be more consistent than the reseller shops which often seem to employ folks who either: 1. just need a temporary job so they can sit in a lonely kiosk in the mall while trying to get as much money as possible from each phone sale; 2. recently got fired from their job selling used cars; 3. both.

I also own my own business and can't believe it when companies allow their employees to create situations like yours. So maybe another difference between a corporate store and a reseller might be the degree of training provided before sending the folks out onto the sales floor -- I'm assuming new VZW store employees at least get a little bit of customer service training, but might not be the case with many of the resellers. Definitely irritating.
    09-07-11 09:56 AM
    My store was completely remodeled and they no longer have tech support. They use to have a company called Flextronics that did all of their tech repairs. All the sales personal are nothing but hungry car salesman that could care less they just want the commission!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 06:30 PM
    I'll have to agree with a previous poster. Not all VZW stores are created equal. I live in an area where there are stores on (almost) every corner. I've had some of the experiences you describe in this thread, pushing Iphones and such, but I've had good ones too. I bought my 9930 online (better deal really), after having seen it at one of the local stores. I couldn't figure out how to use a feature and went to one of the stores in my area.

I told the sales person that I already had the Bold, wasn't in to buy anything but had a question. He researched the problem (actually found the answer on Crackberry quickly), pointed out what I was doing wrong, and generally took his time with me. Even though he knew I wasn't there to buy anything!

There are good people out there. If you're lucky enough to have options in your area, go and find the store, and the salesman who is helpful... and then give him ALL your future business. Next upgrade, I'll give him the sale for sure.
    09-11-11 10:22 AM
    Rim needs to advertise more and let the public know that BB is not dead! I really don't see or hear much advertising with any platform except android lately.
    09-21-11 08:41 PM
    I take a guess, RIM commercial advertising bombing when the new iPhone is out.
    09-22-11 06:08 AM
    I take a guess, RIM commercial advertising bombing when the new iPhone is out.
    I don't think there's anything RIM could release that could or will be able to compete with the new iPhone5. Even as a long time BB user, I will admit, it is tempting.
    09-23-11 10:06 AM
    I don't think there's anything RIM could release that could or will be able to compete with the new iPhone5. Even as a long time BB user, I will admit, it is tempting.

I don't think RIM is trying to compete with apple or android at this point. I am a former android user and long time BB user. I just purchased the new bold coming from the droid incredible 2 and I made the switch because BB has the features I need but I will admit android is a all around better device. I use my device for business not all pleasure and the fit is better.
    09-23-11 07:35 PM
    I don't think RIM is trying to compete with apple or android at this point. I am a former android user and long time BB user. I just purchased the new bold coming from the droid incredible 2 and I made the switch because BB has the features I need but I will admit android is a all around better device. I use my device for business not all pleasure and the fit is better.
    Droids are.

It also makes me wonder what RIM is trying to accomplish now a days.
    09-26-11 09:29 AM
    I jumped over from att. Not only have I had no problems with them but my phone bill is lower too. I guess its just a hit or miss thing with the stores.
    09-28-11 08:24 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD