Unfortunately my trackball will not click anymore so I called cs n they told me to take it to the store n have a tech look at it. Before I go tho I was just wondering if having the 4.5.0.77 os installed on my phone when I take it into them considered voiding my warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 07:57 PM
    I do not think the OS would affect the trackball. If they check for the OS, then yes it will void the warr,
    09-29-08 07:58 PM
    I do not think the OS would affect the trackball. If they check for the OS, then yes it will void the warr,
    Agreeing with LRaid. Just keep in mind that ANYTHING you do to the phone (OS, housing) does void the warranty.
    09-29-08 08:00 PM
    So technically updating my os does void the warranty? Ill just hide docs to go lol

09-29-08 08:01 PM
    Ok. Now another quick question. When I had my old phone which was the flip version of the chocolate I believe I was able to upgrade up to a different phone which was the alias for free. Would I be able to do this going from a pearl to a curve?

09-29-08 08:04 PM
    Ok. Now another quick question. When I had my old phone which was the flip version of the chocolate I believe I was able to upgrade up to a different phone which was the alias for free. Would I be able to do this going from a pearl to a curve?

Depends on account info such as upgrade dates. if you qualify yes, if not no.
    09-29-08 08:16 PM
    So technically updating my os does void the warranty? Ill just hide docs to go lol

Only at this time, as 4.5 is not yet released by VZW.
    09-29-08 08:18 PM
    Just reading threads...and I must say, get on with releasing 4.5 already! Let us know how you do taking it in for service. I'm curious to see if they ride you for upgrading the OS. If they screw you and won't help, maybe you can just replace the part yourself with the help of folks on here!
    09-29-08 08:40 PM
    the trackball issue is not somethign that can be caused by the OS. therefore it should be under warantee.

If you had an issue that may have been cuased by a unsupported software program than NO warantee for you.
    09-29-08 10:27 PM
    Well took it to the store and they swapped it free of charge with a a scratch free new one. Only problem is they couldn't use dm in store anymore. Kinda gay but whatever.

*** I asked the rep when the storm would be out n he said he had no set date yet but within weeks we should have it. Can't wait to sell this brand new phone for my storm

09-30-08 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD