09-27-09 06:17 PM
77 1234
tools
    Easy fix, go back to Sprint. I'm not just saying this because I work for them, but rather that you obviously had better service with us. Now as far as the guy being on your account I'm quite confused again I work for Sprint and I'm not sure how this could happen and then not be reversed by the fraud dept. first he can't just add himself to your account he would have to have the PIN or answer to the security question and even though he works here that info is not displayed anywhere on the account. Second if you reported this they would remove that line and investigate the numbers that line was calling and prosecute accordingly. Third think about what your saying it's just impossible, if an employee at a huge company decides he can do what he wants and add himself to peoples accounts all the time do you seriously think a company with so many checks and balances in place for fraud and security aren't going to notice this happening. Let me give you a heads up if I were to access someones account that I know and call frequently or not so frequently and make changes or add free stuff it would flag the system within days that my personal PTN and theres communicate and that my ELID has accessed that account and added or removed services. Basically what your saying has happened either didn't happen or there is more to the story. I'm not calling you a liar I'm simply stating the facts. Anyway we would love to have you back at Sprint both for your money and BlackBerry cause without you and you Berry I wouldn't have anyone to talk to all day on this dang RIM helpdesk !!!!!!!!
    09-18-09 05:39 PM
    I'm beginning to think that this thread would be more appropriate in the Sprint forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Half way through I was beginning to think it was all a ruse.
    09-19-09 04:26 AM
    Sounds like a good reason for a lawsuit and I don't throw that word out lightly!
    This guy could cost the company a ton!

Something is not making sense with the network. On VZW site you are right in the middle of full digital coverage. Go back to Verizon and expect them to straighten it out.
    If there is another VZW store around go there, it sounds like you found a poorly managed store and it might be a good idea to express your concerns with the corporate.
    I have done this when one of the reps decided I needed tethering without my permission. VZW took all the info the the next two times I was in the store he wasn't.
    Be sure it is a Verizon Store though and not Joe Blows Cell World Featuring Verizon.
    09-19-09 04:53 PM
    Sounds like a good reason for a lawsuit and I don't throw that word out lightly!
    This guy could cost the company a ton!
    Lawsuit for what? It sounds as if Sprint has determined that the OP is overly hostile or abusive towards their employees and has been labeled a problem customer. Every carrier has a special team that works exclusively with "problem customers" and they can place restrictions on accounts so that the customer has no choice but to work with them.

Something is not making sense with the network. On VZW site you are right in the middle of full digital coverage. Go back to Verizon and expect them to straighten it out.
    And if you dig a bit further you'd find out that the customer is roaming on USCC. VZW can inform USCC of the problem and request that it be fixed. However, they have no authority to demand that it be fixed (even if it's possible to be fixed without building another cell site).

If there is another VZW store around go there, it sounds like you found a poorly managed store and it might be a good idea to express your concerns with the corporate.
    The VZW store doesn't have anything to do with the USCC network.

They should have never signed up the OP because she doesn't live in a licensed VZW coverage area.
    09-19-09 05:43 PM
    The VZW store doesn't have anything to do with the USCC network.

They should have never signed up the OP because she doesn't live in a licensed VZW coverage area.
    For all we know, a different mailing address was used, which throws all complaints out the window.

USCC network, Sprint customer, switch to VZW, immediately has problems.

I'd venture to say this isn't a VZW, Sprint or USCC issue - it is 110% the loose nut on the phone.

09-19-09 07:18 PM
    I asked them about being out of coverage. They said all is fine because I have a Blackberry, therefore I am always on a network.

And it has nothing to do with me being a "problem customer" apparently, this guy is going to end up losing his job because of what he is doing.

And just an Fyi, two guys from that store live here in Martinsburg, and they say that as long as you have a BB, you will not have problems accessing the internet all of the time. I just had to call VZW because I could not send pictures. Turned out the moron at the store completely programmed my phone wrong or something.
    09-19-09 07:28 PM
    That part was correct. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    Standard port procedure. Until Sprint verifies the port request and verifies your account through the port system, your Sprint phone will still recieve calls but your Verizon phone will be able to make calls. If you give all the correct account information and passwords during the port request to Sprint, it usually takes about 10 minutes to go through (barring any system errors or outages, of course). If you don't give correct info or something is wrong, they'll usually send you a text (to your Verizon phone) that there is a delay and they need you to contact the port center to verify to make sure everything is correct.

/end rant.

If you requested at VZW for a specific employee to not have access to your account because you don't want them to, we'd note it and do it. If anyone accesses or pulls up your account that isn't supposed to, we know. There's got to be more than one corporate account manager for Sprint, so I'm sure (hoping) that there would be a way to do it with Sprint.

I mean, there are so many privacy laws to protect you. You can deny ANYONE (specific person) access to your account, employee or no, just because you feel like it; you don't even need a reason like if he's stalking you. I'm really sorry that's been happening to you... Honestly, do get what works for you, and I do hope everything works out with that Sprint account rep. That would make me kind of paranoid, personally...
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 09-19-09 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Stuff
    09-19-09 07:30 PM
    I've tried to get him removed, spent hours on the phone. They say there is nothing they could do. So I figured my best bet was to cancel the account, its completely 100% canceled now. I am going back to Sprint Monday.
    09-19-09 07:37 PM
    I love the coolaid drinkers who spout 'Verizon Customer Service is Better' because its what they're told.

9 years with Verizon, and and never a pleasant phone call, 1 Year with Sprint, and other them me Making a stupid decision to get a Mogul and Curves not being available anywhere in my exchange period, I've not had a single issue in the last year.

Oh, and Sprint has BETTER coverage everywhere I go, their data service is faster, and they are cheaper.

That's OK, I'm gonna leave Verizon for the Louis Vuitton / Hummer crowd
    Oh yeah, it's so obvious that their consistent net negative adds and unprofitability quarter after quarter are due to the superior network and fantastic customer service.

My ear is wet. It must be raining.
    09-20-09 05:49 PM
    Didn't you know that Sprint hasn't had a growth quarter in years because people want to pay more for inferior service?

Come on, get with the program!

09-20-09 11:18 PM
    I'll keep my $60.00 a month in my pocket, and enjoy the superior service I experience, and laugh at the marketing victims with their LV Handbags, overpriced phone service, and white earphones.
    09-20-09 11:51 PM
    Look at the Coverage Viewers and put in your address and see right by your house.

to save you some time I am going to link them to you.

Sprint

Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, and Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint > Coverage TAB

Verizon

Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless

AT&T

AT&T Coverage Viewer

T-Mobile

Unsupported Browser

top 4 carriers, I would see which one has coverage by your house and try them out before going back to Sprint. Apparently Verizon doesn't so Try AT&T or T-Mobile and see if they do any better, if not back to Sprint I say. I would not stay with a carrier that does not get any service by my house though.
    09-21-09 12:25 AM
    Its not just by my house. Its everywhere I've been. I used to have Tmobile. It was excellent in some areas, but in the bad spots it would not work at all. I am kind of addicted to the Tour so I would like to stay away from At&t. Plus the friends and family and everything, and with no one here having AT&T I would go over my minutes

Sprint was amazing all except that guy being on my account. So I am just going to try to go back to them.

Now I am off to Virginia 15 miles away to re send my service books because I just activated the other Tour because the other one was all screwy and my service books will not send through this 1X signal. Its not even finding an active radio signal.
    09-21-09 12:36 AM
    I'll keep my $60.00 a month in my pocket, and enjoy the superior service I experience, and laugh at the marketing victims with their LV Handbags, overpriced phone service, and white earphones.
    Marketing victims? Look in the mirror... You don't need cell phones, Blackberries, the internet or many of the other luxuries that you enjoy. It's all marketing.
    09-21-09 12:46 AM
    one more shot, I know you turned down AT&T but they just came out live there site for their MicroCell which offers Unlimited Minutes when you use it at home, so if you have a broadband connection, as soon as they start deploying these babbies here

AT&T 3G MicroCell™

You can have 3G on your 3G phone inside the house with unlimited calling, they have plans also if you pick one of the bigger plans they have the A-List thing going on to call 5 unlimited numbers (individual) or 10 (Family Plan).
    I just wanted to point that out, but I hope you switch back to Sprint at least I would be happy for you to have service that works at your area.

Apparently the site just went live like minutes ago, so no Zip codes work....

Also in my opinion

Bold> Tour

Bold 2 (coming out real soon also known as Onyx) > > > > Tour... it will smash it.
    Last edited by Chaldo; 09-21-09 at 01:24 AM.
    09-21-09 01:13 AM
    Do you know the meaning of what a forum troll is? If not, go take a look in the mirror.

I can take you to well-populated areas where your local Sprint PCS can't get a signal, while VZW & AT&T both have full coverage.

Name the four major US carriers. Guess which one I have service on. Guess what? You win - I have service on all four. I think I know what works and what doesn't.

1900MHz PCS service is a local technology. It was never envisioned, nor designed, to be a nationwide offering.

But that's okay - you'll be part of the VZW or T-Mobile family soon enough. Until then, go back to the Sprint forums.

Look at the Coverage Viewers and put in your address and see right by your house.
    Please don't tell me you believe the coverage maps - AT&T & Sprint both showed my house as fully covered for the past 5 years. Guess what? Nothing there for at least a mile in each direction.

one more shot, I know you turned down AT&T but they just came out live there site for their MicroCell .
    And how much does this cost? Sprint & VZW have both had femtos for awhile now - they are all problematic.

For similar money, you can put in an amplifier system. Mine works for all technologies - GSM, CDMA, 3G, HSDPA, you name it. No limits & no software setup. Even MetroPCS, Orange & Rogers phones work in my house.

Bold> Tour

Bold 2 (coming out real soon also known as Onyx) > > > > Tour... it will smash it.
    I will agree that Bold is better than Tour - but not by much. Also, BlackBerrys don't smash anything. The latest & greatest BlackBerry is only marginally better than those from three to four years ago & so far behind that even a Samsung Rogue has a better browser.

Now - AT&T fans, back to your corner. Sprint fans, crawl back under your rocks. VZW people who go to other carrier forums yapping about how good VZW is are trolls - Sprint & AT&T types who do the same thing in the VZW forums are no better.

The difference is, the AT&T & Sprint people who think their service is superior are delusional.

09-21-09 01:58 AM
    Lol, I was only trying to get that person to try out other services, if they switched from the beginning why not try other ones before going back?
    09-21-09 02:02 AM
    Lol, I was only trying to get that person to try out other services, if they switched from the beginning why not try other ones before going back?
    Okay - fair enough. Its just so tiring, the constant badmouthing that goes around.

Its as bad as Northern Ireland with the Catholics & Protestants!

This one started poorly anyway - the thread should have been in the Sprint forums.
    09-21-09 03:17 AM
    You know I have noticed there are more flame wars on the vzw forums.
    I know I am a sprint customer and I should stand up for them but I know I have the #3 provider and I expect #3 reception.

I think people just go right after the big guy. I never say sprint has better nationwide service across the country because they don't,vzw does.

I don't travel across the country so it dosent matter to me. I live in new england and sprint does just fine here.

I wonder when people will stop trying to act like their carrier is their baby.
    My job is to work/fix/install technology and I am the first to say you get what you pay for. I don't have a prob with sprint nor att and vzw in my area but sprint is the cheapest for me right now in this recession and have never had an issue with them.

I guess some people just need to feel bigger about themselves over a computer by starting flame wars.

09-21-09 07:31 AM
    It doesn't sound like he was really ON her account. More like he was ASSIGNED to her account. Op stayed that she called cs multiple times per month. Sprint probably decided to assign a specific rep to deal with all that.

09-21-09 10:13 AM
    I am not trying to start a flame war, or say Sprint is bad or Verizon, or T-Mobile or AT&T for that matter, I honestly just wanted to see what would happen if that person moved to different carriers, or tried different things. I honestly if AT&T did not work in my area, would probably go to Sprint because I have friends with them and they do alright no problems. I would not go to Verizon because of my prior experiences with my cousin and its a long story, but I never had them, I just don't like a lot of stuff they do with their phones, and what they did to my cousin but I am sure other people have no problem and that's fine. I can also say Verizon has the most coverage in US no doubt about it. I just want to let people know I wasn't trying to bash anyone's carriers honestly I have had my downs with AT&T but overall I like them.
    09-21-09 11:54 AM
    They are just cell phones & cell phone companies, folks. Some phones are better than others - but as I heard Kim Komando recently say on her radio show, with smartphones, you won't go wrong with any of them.

With cell carriers, if you die today, none of them will shed a tear - they won't send anyone to your funeral, nor will any of their people remember you.

Wander around saying Cell Phone Carrier X is better than Cell Phone Carrier Y & you'd swear someone just walked into a mosque & made fun of Allah.

You can make fun of Allah, just don't do it in a mosque - or in a Dutch cartoon.

Same thing applies here. Use extreme caution in what you say in the VZW forums if your intent is to denigrate VZW. The same thing would apply in the AT&T forums - I don't go there to badmouth AT&T. I don't go to the Sprint forums to badmouth Sprint.

Although lately, I've been throwing out a lot of VZW slams here - I do it as a VZW customer. But hey - I call them as I see them. In the proper forum, that is.

09-21-09 05:15 PM
    It doesn't sound like he was really ON her account. More like he was ASSIGNED to her account. Op stayed that she called cs multiple times per month. Sprint probably decided to assign a specific rep to deal with all that.
    Yeah, after reading the rest of this thread, there is a big difference between being "on" an account versus "assigned to" an account. If a carrier's employee was adding himself to customer accounts without their knowledge and permission, then not only would the security team of that carrier be interested in learning about it, but a few law enforcement agencies would likely be interested as well if the carrier did not take any action against the employee. If the employee is being added "on" the account, there there is more going on than just what has been presented so far.
    09-21-09 05:39 PM
    There you go.

09-21-09 05:53 PM
    The company did not assign him to my account, he did it himself, without my permission. I spoke with him the other day regarding this because we are sorting out my last bill because low and behold I got charged randomly for another Tour. He said that sometimes in account services he takes calls and speaks with regular customers such as I used to be. He saw that I had called only that department, and because he had the authority, decided to place himself on my account as the account owner.

His reasoning was because I had been told things by Sprint reps before and the next person says, "Oh there is no note I cannot do that"

I am sure everyone is familiar with that. And he assumed that by me only speaking to him, I would not have to deal with that run around all the time. I told him if Sprint had their billing right in the first place that we wouldn't have this issue in the first place and it was actually more inconvenient for him to be on my account because I had to call during HIS time and not my own.

At least its done with now and I don't have to worry about him anymore.
    09-21-09 07:14 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD