09-27-09 06:17 PM
77 1234
tools
    I don't see the dilemma here. Revert to what you originally had.
    09-17-09 10:44 PM
    Actually, a few people from Sprintgurus know who he is. Apparently he does this to alot of accounts. He says he is on my account because every time I've ever called in 13 years I talked to retentions.
    My main question, well 2, would be:
    1. How is this in any way shape or form legal?
    2. How does that fool still have a job?
    09-17-09 10:55 PM
    I would personally call Verizon Tech support first and see if there is anything they can do.

If not, I would go back to Sprint and call them, ask for a manager, when he answers, ask for his manager, and just keep going up as far as you can and report this guy.
    09-17-09 10:57 PM
    He hands me my Sprint and Verizon Tour and says use the Sprint one until the Verizon one starts working, I'm like wtf?!!?!? Crazy
    That part was correct. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    09-17-09 11:05 PM
    It appears that VZW doesn't have a license to operate a network in Martinsburg, WV.

Edit: According to what I can find on the FCC website.
    We currently do not have service for zip code 25401. If you would like to choose a location by a different zip code please enter it now, or choose a location by city/state. You can also use Coverage Locator to view Verizon Wireless coverage for your area.
    Seems that Verizon's website agrees.
    09-17-09 11:47 PM
    No clue how he has a job, but I did a complete writeup on every time he changed my plan without my permission, as well as other account changes. I asked him how it was legal, he says maam I am very high up I can do what I please. I said ok, well how can you just change things without my permission, its my account. He says just be happy that you only have to speak with me now and no one else.

At least that account is completely gone. When we re sign up in a few days it will be in my boyfriend's name and he cannot place himself on there.

I spoke to 3 people at Verizon today. They all said, you are within 30 days and if its not working (which judging by the map it will be very spotty) cancel your service. Because although it does not work there after 30 days you are stuck because we do offer the extended network. The Vzw tech support rep I spoke to about this said that he uses Sprint. Lol.

They said the 4g will not help me because they will not have a tower here either. And they can send me the network extender, but I am not home enough to count on that and also not paying $250. So I guess its back to Sprint to port my numbers back in a few days.
    09-18-09 12:31 AM
    verizon is the only service that has no problems . ok 99% of the time...SOMETIMES when im on the subway in NYC it doesnt work inn certain areas, but the other companies dont work at all
    09-18-09 07:37 AM
    No clue how he has a job, but I did a complete writeup on every time he changed my plan without my permission, as well as other account changes. I asked him how it was legal, he says maam I am very high up I can do what I please. I said ok, well how can you just change things without my permission, its my account. He says just be happy that you only have to speak with me now and no one else.

At least that account is completely gone. When we re sign up in a few days it will be in my boyfriend's name and he cannot place himself on there.

I spoke to 3 people at Verizon today. They all said, you are within 30 days and if its not working (which judging by the map it will be very spotty) cancel your service. Because although it does not work there after 30 days you are stuck because we do offer the extended network. The Vzw tech support rep I spoke to about this said that he uses Sprint. Lol.

They said the 4g will not help me because they will not have a tower here either. And they can send me the network extender, but I am not home enough to count on that and also not paying $250. So I guess its back to Sprint to port my numbers back in a few days.
    Can I ask how old you are? If a Verizon supervisor signed onto my account and started changing the plan without my permission, and then said to me, "be lucky you only have to deal with me". I would be calling the police/FBI.
    09-18-09 08:06 AM
    Apparently he does this to alot of accounts. He says he is on my account because every time I've ever called in 13 years I talked to retentions. Reason being is because I am not going to sit on the phone and try to understand one of those foreign people.
    So he's on your account because you're a xenophobe? Something doesn't seem right here...

Also, how often do you call in??? Outiside of upgrading my phone, I interact with VZW once or twice a year if that.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 09-18-09 at 08:19 AM.
    09-18-09 08:17 AM
    this doesnt really add up, a random person adding himself and then pretty much threatening you. Why are you looking for an answer here??? seems to me a very big part of the story is missing.
    09-18-09 08:24 AM
    this doesnt really add up, a random person adding himself and then pretty much threatening you. Why are you looking for an answer here??? seems to me a very big part of the story is missing.
    Agree!
    I think she caused issues calling in a ton so they assigned some loon to deal with her... Or something like that
    09-18-09 08:25 AM
    BNB lets no assume anything here...she might of had lots of issues with Sprint (no clue why ) and they just started marking her account and being aholes to her. We will never know...but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
    09-18-09 08:41 AM
    No one gets the benefit of the doubt from me!
    09-18-09 08:49 AM
    Don't give me the benefit of the doubt. I could give 2 ****s less really. I have had Sprint for 13 years. And I can tell you that they do NOT make you wait 2 years to upgrade, in fact, every time a new phone has came out, I have gotten it. They give me an early upgrade, extend my contract, and credit the account for the difference. The way Damien explained it to me is that he monitors notes on accounts made through call centers. And once he looks at a certain account and sees that they have made a certain amount of calls to account service he has to place himself on the account.

He explained to me that it should be a "good thing" because I don't have all of the he said she said and I can only deal with him so I should be happy.

How do you think I got out of a contract extended until 2013 with no ETF? Sprint was doing things illegal so I was let out of my contract.

Also, Sprint has this thing with screwing up your bills. As in, say I have this Tour, I need it replaced, they send me another, the second the order is made they charge you full price for the other Tour until the other is returned (takes 2 billing cycles to get returned)

So then you receive your $2,000 Sprint bill, because you know when they charge you for one there are always "errors" and they charge you for many more as well as upgrade fees and that overnight shipping you never asked for.

So you call Sprint multiple times until you find the person to clear your whole bill other than your monthly charges.

Its simple, I've called Sprint alot, multiple times a month, because they always screw up my bill, and when I called I speak to retentions because I do not deal with foreign idiots. And that's how Damien placed himself on there.

I have the email where I had emailed him when I found out about him and he explained everything, but I have nothing to further prove.

I just called Sprint one day to lower my plan, and I hear "Maam, there is someone who has taken complete ownership of your account, I am not authorized to make changes on this account no longer and nor can anyone else. I need to redirect you to this gentleman"

And thats how everything started and I've been looking for a reason to get out of that account ever since.
    09-18-09 12:28 PM
    Agree!
    I think she caused issues calling in a ton so they assigned some loon to deal with her... Or something like that
    I have to agree with your assessment after reading her most recent post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 12:36 PM
    Don't give me the benefit of the doubt. I could give 2 ****s less really. I have had Sprint for 13 years. And I can tell you that they do NOT make you wait 2 years to upgrade, in fact, every time a new phone has came out, I have gotten it. They give me an early upgrade, extend my contract, and credit the account for the difference. The way Damien explained it to me is that he monitors notes on accounts made through call centers. And once he looks at a certain account and sees that they have made a certain amount of calls to account service he has to place himself on the account.

He explained to me that it should be a "good thing" because I don't have all of the he said she said and I can only deal with him so I should be happy.

How do you think I got out of a contract extended until 2013 with no ETF? Sprint was doing things illegal so I was let out of my contract.

Also, Sprint has this thing with screwing up your bills. As in, say I have this Tour, I need it replaced, they send me another, the second the order is made they charge you full price for the other Tour until the other is returned (takes 2 billing cycles to get returned)

So then you receive your $2,000 Sprint bill, because you know when they charge you for one there are always "errors" and they charge you for many more as well as upgrade fees and that overnight shipping you never asked for.

So you call Sprint multiple times until you find the person to clear your whole bill other than your monthly charges.

Its simple, I've called Sprint alot, multiple times a month, because they always screw up my bill, and when I called I speak to retentions because I do not deal with foreign idiots. And that's how Damien placed himself on there.

I have the email where I had emailed him when I found out about him and he explained everything, but I have nothing to further prove.

I just called Sprint one day to lower my plan, and I hear "Maam, there is someone who has taken complete ownership of your account, I am not authorized to make changes on this account no longer and nor can anyone else. I need to redirect you to this gentleman"

And thats how everything started and I've been looking for a reason to get out of that account ever since.
    You cant have 4 year contracts, so I dont know how anyone put you on one, especially when you didnt sign anything.

Keep in mind, you have a situation that NO ONE has ever heard be legal.

I have issues with Bank of America, and call in a lot, but no one can take ownership of my account, because quite simply it is fraud.

From what it sounds like, you were bullied into something, and should be taking the necessary steps to take it to the next level.

As for your original tirade, just cancel. No cell provider is for everyone, if something worked 100% of the time, and had no problems, then there wouldnt be a need for more than one company.

If Sprint works where you live, then use it, and get it in your boyfriend's name(even though if you guys break up, or have rough times, you may wish damien was on the account instead of your boyfriend)

Just that simple
    09-18-09 12:37 PM

Really? Well sorry honey I was trying to be nice, but I guess that makes two of us that don't give a sh!t. Have fun complaining about your carriers and all of your cell phone problems. Things like what you just said are probably the reasoning behind having that one guy mess with your account all the time. I’m done here.
    09-18-09 12:52 PM
    I cannot even do *228 because its using a US Cellular tower. It says activation unsuccessful when I hang up the call

I am in zip code 25401

And I don't know why they havent put a tower here, plenty of room. And I am not in BFE. I am 20 minutes from Va, Md, and Pa. And right by D and Baltimore

Let me start of by saying I'm a loyal VZW customer and I do agree with everyone here if you have doubts return to Sprint. Having written this, let me say I was in your part of the country back in June/July in BFE (Harpers Ferry) and had no problem with coverage. Was I roaming, probably but it beat everyone with an AT&T/Sprint/Nextel phone. Heck even T-Mobile had coverage there. I don't know how far you live from the Buffalo Wing place, but while I was there I looked at my phone and had full bars. I even performed a *228 from just East of 81 on highway 9. I believe it was one or two lights before you get to Foxcroft Ave. For what its worth, I suggest going to that intersection and see if you can do the *228 from there. Good luck with your decision.
    09-18-09 01:01 PM
    No one can compete with Verizon's customer service. It's top notch
    blah blah blah......

sprint customer service has gotten much better over the last year or so.
    it depends on who you deal with at any company. you can get good service or bad service anywhere you go.

sprint has gone out of their way to make me a happy customer, probably cuz i've been with them for about 10 years. but really never had a major problem that they didn't fix quickly. and i have had lots of problems over the years, but again, it was fixed quickly.

i'm so tired of all the sprint haters......it's getting really old!
    09-18-09 01:55 PM
    My main question, well 2, would be:
    1. How is this in any way shape or form legal?
    2. How does that fool still have a job?

i was wondering the same thing! this sounds like a lawsuit.
    09-18-09 02:02 PM
    i'm so tired of all the sprint haters......it's getting really old!
    At this time I believe if a Forum Moderator reads this thread they should close it before it does get into a bashing/flame throwing contest.

Its pretty clear the OP has stated her case and most of us feel there is more to this story, but it will not do any good to keep going on.
    09-18-09 02:05 PM
    I have tried to go above him. The way that the chain was explained to me was like this.

Customer Service
    Account services (retentions)
    Escalations management
    And their supervisor (which would be him)

From what others have told me, he is basically the supervisor of the call center. I have tried to go above him, they all say, speak with Damien. The only way that I thought I could fix this was to cancel my account.

I have asked him numerous times why he thought it was "ok" to place himself on my account, he replies with. Maam I monitor accounts, you've called this department too many times.

The account is closed now, could I still do something about this?

This is from the night I found out that Damien was on my account, I went to Sprint gurus for help on this:

<april_>: They said I will have to speak to him about it on Tuesday when he gets in "if he has time to call me back"
    <april_>: They said it is being "monitored" by him and all adjustments and changes have to go through him
    <>: ok let me put it this way, and it actually blew me away you mentioned his name
    <>: Damien is... a BIG ***
    <>: I know some of the other **** pots he has his hand in
    <>: he is an arrogant *** that you never want NEAR you or your account
    <>: in other words, you are *****
    <>: he likes to "monitor" accounts which I do not even think is allowed
    <april_>: I honestly do not understand it at all
    <april_>: Can I forward you an email I am going to send to him?
    <>: yeah xxx@gmail.com
    <>: lets put it this way, all of Account Services has a history with SG
    <>: I have been watching some of the reps (and things they dont know I can see)
    <>: and Damien is the worst of them all
    <>: he half *** reads account notes then flys off theh andle
    <>: and tells customers he is "watching" them
    <>: I had to help someone ELSE he did this to get notes added to their account to IGNORE the notes from damien
    <april_>: I will send you what I wrote right now, read it if you can
    <>: okie I will when you send it
    <april_>: Sent
    <april_>: Funny thing is, I've never talked to him that I knew ya know?
    <april_>: I was never notified beforehand of this "account watch"
    <april_>: So I am like wtf
    <>: I could go into this giant speil of why he is like he is
    <>: but sprint creates them
    <>: they play internal mindgames
    <>: and the problem is, the REPS dont know they are subjected to the mind games
    <>: some of the higher review teams (yes there are a lot of people above Damien) told him to "back off"
    <>: yet he still attacks people like a bulldog
    <april_>: Well, the thing is, I stressed hard core today that because I found out that he works in account services I wanted escalations, they would not transfer me and told me no
    <>: to be honest, we are maybe going to work with a reporter
    <>: about how thsi one rep (and a lot of others) have issues
    <Coal-Oracle>: with overzealous reps
    <april_>: I will be glad to contribute in any way that I can
    <april_>: If you need me that is...lol
    <>: thanks, it will build as I check into how its going
    <>: im still reading your note
    <>: so one sec
    <april_>: Ok
    <>: ok first yes they cant change your plan BUT he was doing what they call a reset
    <>: in other words they change you to a dummy pllan
    <>: and then put you BACK on the original
    <>: it isnt to HURT you or anything
    <>: its because when they apply a plan and it utterly ****s up
    <>: somehow, they cannot fix it without
    <>: completely removing and readding it
    <>: so, to readd it the system forces them to "change" you temporarily to a dummy plan
    <>: notice the sprint basic 200 and cdma standby plans are dummy plans
    <>: in short, its a troubleshooting technique
    <april_>: But I lost my add ons, And he is the only one that can add them back
    <april_>: But isnt he supposed to tell me he is changing it first?
    <>: oh no, I didnt read THAT far yet
    <>: yes, the rep majorly screwed up
    <>: the problem is, addons that are part of the everything data plans WONT work on sprint 200
    <april_>: oh ok....well as you can see when it lists the rep id there are like 6 of them
    <>: so the reps did not even check for a compatible plan to switch you to
    <>: so that was their screw up #1
    <april_>: So they had more than 1 rep working on it at once? Doesn't make sense
    <>: btw, the system pops up a ******* box that says "Please confirm these add-ons will drop off"
    <>: so they cant play dumb
    <>: they approved the system removing them
    <april_>: Yea I know about all of those boxes, I used to work for Verizon
    <>: probably thinking they would just add it back
    <>: oh wow, I know someone who works as a supervisor in a 3rd party call center
    <>: who works for verizon i mean
    <>: so you arent completely oblivious to the world of CDMA I see
    <april_>: Eh, not really
    <april_>: So, the bottom line ?
    <april_>: Can I get him the **** off of my account
    <april_>: I have a feeling you'll say no
    <>: nope
    <april_>: DAMNIT!
    <>: he wont until he is fired
    <april_>: Well, if he is an ******* to me, I will go up the ladder and spend the whole day on the phone
    <>: and I wonder if that will happen but I doubt it, as much of a problem as he causes
    <>: yeah I know, I believe you but do me a favor
    <>: record it
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-23-09 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Language
    09-18-09 03:44 PM
    Oh and btw jrod. Yes I am pretty close to there. But when I try to do the update it says welcome to us cellular, the number or code you have dialed is not available from your calling area or something like that. I am a few miles from Buffalo Wild Wings, and I have lost signal and dropped 3 calls so far today.
    09-18-09 03:47 PM
    I'm beginning to think that this thread would be more appropriate in the Sprint forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 03:54 PM
    The thread can just be deleted. I am going to go back to Sprint, and leave the whole Damien situation alone. The account is closed now so he will not be able to put himself on the new account because I will not be calling in alot I am sticking with my Tour.
    09-18-09 04:04 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD