It's time to get a new phone. VZW has a sweetheart deal on the Bold with OS 6 right now. Problem is, I don't want to shackle myself with a 3G phone for 2 yeaers with 4G on the horizon. I have a Storm 2, and really want to get rid of it, but I worry about renewing too soon and being behind the technology curve when LTE comes on board (just FYI, we still do not have 3G in my area). What should I do?
    03-14-11 12:35 AM
    You could just spend $70 more on the phone by signing a 1 year contract instead. A much better way of staying current IMO.
    03-14-11 01:15 AM
    If it was me looking to get a new phone right now to get rid of my storm, I would buy the bold, but I would buy it second hand, either here, or craigslist. Then I wouldn't be locked into a 2 year agreement with a phone that is already outdated. Second hand blackberry's are really cheap right now. JMO
    03-14-11 08:41 AM
    I would purchase it either on a 1 year agreement (since you can't upgrade annual on a 2 any more). BUT that also means you don't qualify for any promotion like a BOGO (buy one get one free). Those promotions usually require a 2 year agreement.

I would follow the advice of @evb624 and get the Bolds used. They usually sell for less than 200 now.
    03-14-11 08:57 AM
    Buy a used Bold 9650 and then wait.

Although if you still don't have 3G in your area, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting 4G to come into your area in the next 2 years.
    03-14-11 12:13 PM
    Buy a used Bold 9650 and then wait.

Although if you still don't have 3G in your area, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting 4G to come into your area in the next 2 years.
    This. Go with a used 9650, and keep your options open. Sell the Storm to offset the cost.
    03-14-11 03:50 PM
    Thanks guys. I plan to do just that--sell the Storm 2 and find a cheap Bold. Very grateful
    03-14-11 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD