However; wont let me create an account. hmmm
    09-12-09 03:23 PM
    IM sorry, but you will need to call youmale yes done on purpose
    09-12-09 03:26 PM
    elaborate on your problem...
    09-12-09 04:19 PM
    Precisely.. You know better then to not assess, Heather. FCR = Fail!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:45 PM
    What do you mean won't let you create an account? What error or message is it giving you? If you need I can open an account for you and then you can change the password just pm me if you want help. Ymail is definitely worth saving the $3.99 and it shows me the transcript of. the message which vis voicemail doesn't do.

09-12-09 06:58 PM
    I'm soprry I sent this on the fly...
    When the main page come up it give you a link to create an account. Click on the link and nothing happens. Try to login w my basic vm pin code and "no user exists"
    Again yes fcr fail!!!! But still narced up on a regular basis.

09-12-09 10:07 PM
    All fixed thanks to Angrywarrior.
    I'm up n running.
    Let's see how she works!

09-13-09 04:20 PM
    youre welcome
    09-14-09 02:30 PM
    See thats how we HELP each other out.
    09-14-09 03:24 PM
    I recently downloaded this application. I like it generally, but I have a few questions/concerns and haven't been able to find the answers.

1. If i upload my contacts to the site, will my contacts be contacted by youmail? I do not want this to happen.

2. How does uploading my contacts benefit me?

3. Some of my contacts have told me it says the incorrect name when they call (something that doesn't even sound similar). I know it has nothing to do with the caller ID, because their name shows up correctly in caller ID.

4. What's the best way to use this application while still keeping battery life. Onm my 9630 it seems to be eating battery life.
    09-14-09 04:33 PM
    That's a good one... The answers to which I don't know... I will bump this though for the sake of possible answers.

09-14-09 08:01 PM
    Bumping one more time.

Thank you.
    09-15-09 08:11 AM
    Again bump

09-15-09 10:09 AM
    and... again
    09-17-09 04:16 PM
    I recently downloaded this application. I like it generally, but I have a few questions/concerns and haven't been able to find the answers.

1. If i upload my contacts to the site, will my contacts be contacted by youmail? I do not want this to happen.

2. How does uploading my contacts benefit me?

3. Some of my contacts have told me it says the incorrect name when they call (something that doesn't even sound similar). I know it has nothing to do with the caller ID, because their name shows up correctly in caller ID.

4. What's the best way to use this application while still keeping battery life. Onm my 9630 it seems to be eating battery life.
    Here is my answers as I know them for your questions.

1. I have had YouMail for several months now and none of my contacts have said a word about being contacted or having any rise is spam mail at all. I wondered this at first as well, but so far so good

2. If you don't upload any contacts then the Smart Greeting will not work. It will say something to the effect of the Youmail user is unavailable, instead of Hi John, Scott is unavailable.....

3. Youmail uses a computer synthesised voice to recreate your address book. They have an extensive library of names but I found that some simple names like Ashlea does not work and weird ones do. You can request a name to be added to the database but dont' know if any of them have been. BUT, you can change the online contact name and test the different sayings. It does not affect your caller ID on your phone at all. For example, my daughter's name is Ashlea but it did not work. So I renamed her online contact to Ashlee and it works. Get creative for the ones that work and you can test them as you go.

4. After you create your Youmail account ditch the Youmail app and download VyMail which I think is a lot better. It is an app to addon to the Youmail service and I think it is much, much better. You can listed to VM directly from app instead of loading it into browser and using media player throught the speaker. You can use phone, speaker, or bluetooth headset. So far, I don't think it eats much battery.

You can find VyMail at:
    joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices

Hope this helps.
    09-17-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD