I'm traveling out of the country for a few weeks next week and I didn't want to have to buy a new phone to use in every country I go to, so I figured I'd call them to see if I needed to unlock my phone. I've heard that ALL Z10's were globally unlocked out of the box, but I didn't want to risk going there and having a dud. So I made the call, and the girl did tell me that ALL of Verizon's 4G/LTE "sims" are unlocked for use anywhere in the world. I didn't understand why she said "4G SIMS" instead of "4G PHONES"...so I had to clarify, and she explained to me in layman's terms "you can put any sim in the phone from any country and it will work".

So there.
    06-20-13 12:51 PM
    I'm traveling out of the country for a few weeks next week and I didn't want to have to buy a new phone to use in every country I go to, so I figured I'd call them to see if I needed to unlock my phone. I've heard that ALL Z10's were globally unlocked out of the box, but I didn't want to risk going there and having a dud. So I made the call, and the girl did tell me that ALL of Verizon's 4G/LTE "sims" are unlocked for use anywhere in the world. I didn't understand why she said "4G SIMS" instead of "4G PHONES"...so I had to clarify, and she explained to me in layman's terms "you can put any sim in the phone from any country and it will work".

So there.
    Hi!
    Thanks! I believe this was common knowledge.
    But thanks for sharing.
    06-20-13 12:57 PM
    Yep, it's true. All Verizon LTE phones with the (700 MHz band) are sold unlocked. Your Z10 is unlocked and the Verizon Q10s are also. I believe it was a condition of them being sold the prime, lower frequency LTE spectrum.

What's crazy is that the Q10 has LTE bands for T-Mobile, and 3G/'4G' bands for AT&T. Great build by RIM on that one. Unfortunately, the Z10 can't be used on any other 3G/'4G' networks in North America.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-20-13 01:01 PM
    Hi!
    Thanks! I believe this was common knowledge.
    But thanks for sharing.
    I knew that, but I had to verify it with them JUST IN CASE...
    06-20-13 06:01 PM
    But why create a thread about it when it's common knowledge and you say that you knew that?
    06-20-13 07:22 PM
    But why create a thread about it when it's common knowledge and you say that you knew that?
    ++

Not to mention this information has been shared all through the Q10 and Z10 forums with people discussing their VZW devices...
    06-21-13 12:24 PM
    Give the guy a break. Just because something like this has been covered multiple times doesn't necessarily make it true 100% of the time and he wanted to verify with Verizon that it was true. Not everyone believes EVERYTHING they read on the internet.
    06-30-13 10:58 AM
    Give the guy a break. Just because something like this has been covered multiple times doesn't necessarily make it true 100% of the time and he wanted to verify with Verizon that it was true. Not everyone believes EVERYTHING they read on the internet.
    Because anyone is going to believe what he wrote on the internet then?? Then don't... Go to Settings > Security > SIM Card and see it for yourself instead of making countless threads everywhere
    06-30-13 12:56 PM
    Thank you for sharing. I didnt know this and I'm on Verizon. I haven't came across other posts with this because I'm not on the Crackberry forums every single day reading every single post. So, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    darylalbert likes this.
    07-11-13 09:15 PM