I'm due for an upgrade in July of '09 and I'm going to stick with Verizon. Which BlackBerry models will Verizon probably carry at that time and which of the choices to you recommend (other that Storm or Pearl... not interested... hahaa)
    01-04-09 09:09 PM
    well since your ruling out the storm i would def say go with the curve... i mean who knows if we will have the 8900 by the time you decide to upgrade but regardless the curve is IMO the best phone VZW has to offer (Blackberry Wise) other then the storm of course however i will say although i love my storm... its not for everyone!
    01-04-09 09:15 PM
    No one know what is going to be released in 2009. Well maybe to products teams, but relaease of new devices is kept very hush hush. Right now yoir choices for VZW are the pearl, curve, and storm.
    01-04-09 09:19 PM
    Safe to say Verizon will definitely have their CDMA Bold (niagra) by then.... as for a CDMA next gen Curve... would be sweet if they had an "8930" by July, but might not be out by then. Would think a CDMA Pearl Flip should hit by July too.
    01-04-09 09:30 PM
    The Niagara (9030) will most likely be out by that time.

EDIT: Looks like Kevin beat me to the punch.
    01-04-09 09:30 PM
    Safe to say Verizon will definitely have their CDMA Bold (niagra) by then.... as for a CDMA next gen Curve... would be sweet if they had an "8930" by July, but might not be out by then. Would think a CDMA Pearl Flip should hit by July too.
    I can't see verizon having their cdma curve 8900 before ATT launches it.

I wpould also expect the niagara to experience the usual verizon delays of 3 months from rumored launch date. May + 3 = august. That is my best guess as to when verizon would have the niagara
    Last edited by backdown00; 02-10-09 at 07:19 PM.
    02-10-09 07:16 PM
    I can't see verizon having their cdma curve 8900 before ATT launches it.

No guarantees At&t will release it. Maybe they will and maybe not. Its not a 3G device and maybe a 9220 announcement later this year. We'll see.
    02-10-09 07:28 PM
    I am personally waiting for LTE, imagine the Berry Posibilites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:47 PM
    No guarantees At&t will release it. Maybe they will and maybe not. Its not a 3G device and maybe a 9220 announcement later this year. We'll see.
    I thought it was on the crackberry front page, the 9300? I thought that was a supped up curve 8900 for ATT?
    02-10-09 09:46 PM
    I am personally waiting for LTE, imagine the Berry Posibilites.

I still have my 13 in b&w television. I'm just gonna wait for 3D!
    02-10-09 11:21 PM
    I still have my 13 in b&w television. I'm just gonna wait for 3D!
    thats funny right there!
    02-11-09 06:37 AM
    No one know what is going to be released in 2009. Well maybe to products teams, but relaease of new devices is kept very hush hush. Right now yoir choices for VZW are the pearl, curve, and storm.
    Oh man, didn't you get the VZW memo?

There is supposed to be a super-secret release of a new VZW BlackBerry device. The GPS will be locked, VZW is requiring VZNav, Visual Voicemail AND VCast on it. It will only come in bright red with a lighted neon V on the back. The ringtone will be locked down to only one choice which will be the voice portion of recent VZW commercials! Bluetooth will. Be disabled, but there will be a provision for connecting string & tincans.

To keep people happy, they promise they can hear you now whenever you call 611 and the device will run for at least an hour on a single charge. It will also make for a great paperweight.

Did I mention that VZW insisted the new device weigh at least two pounds, since they really want to stick it to their customers?

Next time, pay closer attention to those emails @ work!

02-11-09 01:27 PM
    Oh man, didn't you get the VZW memo?

There is supposed to be a super-secret release of a new VZW BlackBerry device. The GPS will be locked, VZW is requiring VZNav, Visual Voicemail AND VCast on it. It will only come in bright red with a lighted neon V on the back. The ringtone will be locked down to only one choice which will be the voice portion of recent VZW commercials! Bluetooth will. Be disabled, but there will be a provision for connecting string & tincans.

To keep people happy, they promise they can hear you now whenever you call 611 and the device will run for at least an hour on a single charge. It will also make for a great paperweight.

Did I mention that VZW insisted the new device weigh at least two pounds, since they really want to stick it to their customers?

Next time, pay closer attention to those emails @ work!

So Blackberry is coming out with a Treo?
    02-11-09 02:47 PM
    So Blackberry is coming out with a Treo?
    If I'd read that while driving, I'd have driven off the road. That is funny.

02-11-09 02:54 PM
    I think the flip will defiantly be out by then
    02-11-09 09:08 PM
    02-11-09 09:10 PM
    02-11-09 09:11 PM
    It will be interesting to see what vzw does in the release of the new bb's for sure.
    02-11-09 09:32 PM
    I'm waiting for 3-D television. Like Ralph Kramden.

02-11-09 11:03 PM
    I'm waiting for 3-D television. Like Ralph Kramden.
    And quadraphonic sound.

02-12-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD