Does Jivetalk work with verizon and does it use sms?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 06:46 AM
    Yes it works with VZW .. It uses data not SMS.

06-17-08 09:32 AM
    jivetalk is awesome, but i recommened being around a powersourve while using it! it drains my battery extremely fast!!!!
    06-17-08 11:53 AM
    I have a Verizon Berry and I use Jivetalk. It's a great mutli messenger program. I've had no problems with it and would highly suggest it.
    06-17-08 12:12 PM
    My department pays for the data, but they do not have a text plan on any of the departments phones. Would Jive Talk work as my sms.
    06-17-08 02:30 PM
    My department pays for the data, but they do not have a text plan on any of the departments phones. Would Jive Talk work as my sms.
    in a sense it would... I mean if the people your are sending sms to have aim, then yeah... but I dont think you can just send a message to any cell phone number like you would with a normal sms... am i making sense? I mean it all makes sense in my head, but i feel like im strugglin on getting it out right....
    06-17-08 08:45 PM
    Also, if you don't have text msgs but do have e-mail you can e-mail to their phone number at there carriers extension. Sort of it you went to their carrier website and clicked on sent a text message.

For example: 10digitnumber@mobile.att.net
    and it will go to their text msgs but only use your email.

However, I'm not sure they will be able to reply if they don't have email on their phone. I found this on a website and thought maybe it could be helpful. Who knows.

Some extensions for phone carriers:

Verizon: @vtext.com

Tmobile: @tmomoail.net

Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com

Nextel: @messaging.nextel.com

Alltel: @messaging.alltel.com
    06-21-08 11:40 AM
    Question about using JiveTalk:

Should I uninstall the IM software that come with the BB? They just sit there taking up space now that I'm using JiveTalk.

thanks
    06-23-08 09:14 PM
    Ill remove those since jivetalk has em already.

About using I'm apps to send sms, it is possible with yahoo im. If the person you're sending to registered their phone with their yahoo I'm acct and they logged out to their phone, when you send the msg through yahoo they will receive it as text. One way to figure out if the user has this is if they have the away status msg "I'm mobile"

06-23-08 09:37 PM
    Thank you Username!
    06-23-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD