I'm trying to do *228 to activate it an it's not working. My old phone has 4 bars sitting right in front of my computer, but the BB has none. Any suggestions?
    11-07-08 12:37 PM
    Go to the manage connections icon and try turning it on from there, if not remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and re-insert...
    11-07-08 12:41 PM
    Go to the manage connections icon and try turning it on from there, if not remove your battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and re-insert...
    Just did as you said, and that didn't work either. It is check off but with a yellow negative sign
    11-07-08 12:55 PM
    Why are you *228ing? Did you just change to this device?
    11-07-08 01:53 PM
    Is your old phone turned off?

Have you activated your new phone according to the instructions from Verizon? If you order via the internet, I think it is a yellow piece of paper in the box that tells you how to activate the phone.
    11-07-08 02:13 PM
    You skipped the step where you go online to Verizon's website and log into your account. You need to go to manage your phone and choose to change phone. It'll ask for the ESN from the new phone. It's on the sticker under the battery. Put that in and just follow the on-screen directions. Then, only then, can you turn off your old phone and dial *228 opt 1 from the new phone to activate it.
    11-07-08 04:39 PM
    You skipped the step where you go online to Verizon's website and log into your account. You need to go to manage your phone and choose to change phone. It'll ask for the ESN from the new phone. It's on the sticker under the battery. Put that in and just follow the on-screen directions. Then, only then, can you turn off your old phone and dial *228 opt 1 from the new phone to activate it.
    It's all registered in my account. But it looks like the phone is in emergency call only mode, so I'm guessing it's locked.
    11-07-08 04:57 PM
    On VZW phones you can do *228 opt 3 and change your ESN, but if you have no signal the above is for info only
    11-07-08 05:46 PM
    Its all fixed! I had to have the really nice tech support guy @ vzw help me. But my thanks to everyone for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 05:57 PM
    Tell us the solution in case someone finds this thread in the future with a similar issue.
    11-07-08 06:00 PM
    Tell us the solution in case someone finds this thread in the future with a similar issue.
    Yeah, i'm dying to know as well...
    11-07-08 06:07 PM
    Yeah, i'm dying to know as well...
    It had to be manually programmed. You dial ##000000 like you're calling someone and you change stuff in that screen.
    11-07-08 06:25 PM
    You guys ever heard of this? JRSC, what about you man...
    11-07-08 06:26 PM
    I've had to do it a couple of times.
    11-07-08 06:31 PM
    Yes, ##000000 is the way you get in to program the CDMA radio settings. This is usually what is programmed by the OTA (*228) step. On Blackberries ##sixdigitMLScode gets you into the CDMA programming on the phone. Dunno what they had you change on that screen, because there's not a lot to change aside from phone number and some network options. Was this a used phone? That's the only thing I can think was causing you problems here.
    11-07-08 11:23 PM
    For a manual programming you enter the NAM, mobile number, Home SID (TOWER), etc. this will get the phone to see the network nly in your home area. THen the *228 opt 1 will program the rest
    11-08-08 07:31 AM
    you know ther is new software 4.5 that came out 2 days ago that should fix all your phones problems. you can go to vzam.net for the update
    11-08-08 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD