Ok, I'm pretty pumped here...my vzw curve just arrived, and I also managed to talk my way into the 2yr price even though it's not time for me to renew. I'm a relative newby, so I've got some questions:

1. How easy is it to use the program on BB desktop to move my data from my pearl to the curve? Should I even do this? My PIM data is all backed up in outlook, but I've got two 3rd party apps that I would like to bring over the data from.

2. With the pearl, I was able to follow some advice from this site and unlock the themes. I really like the O2 today theme, will I be able to unlock themes using the same process on the curve?

3. Do I need to install any of the new desktop software that came with the curve or the vzw access manager cd?

Once again, I'm new to BB (jan of this year) so please forgive if I'm asking dumb questions...speaking of which, can anyone tell me why the mini-usb is on the left side of the bb when you are looking at it? lol, it just seems to me like it would be more comfortable to talk on the phone while it was plugged in if it were on the other side.

Also, if anyone wants to buy a vzw pearl (great shape, clean esn) with no contract, shoot me a pm. If I dont hear anything, its going on ebay!

Thanks!
    Last edited by trevst; 05-06-08 at 11:28 AM.
    05-06-08 11:22 AM
    The DM is very easy to install. Install it and use the Switch Device Wizard.

As far as the placement of the USB port, it just is what it is. Same on all the 8xxx series.
    05-06-08 11:27 AM
    When I switched to my new curve last week, I just used bb desktop to get my contact info from outlook. I heard that the backup and restore to new phone features due work in bb desktop. You might as well try that first. Have fun with your new curve. I really like mine !!!
    05-06-08 11:28 AM
    have fun with your curve!

i want one........
    05-06-08 11:32 AM
    i'm just starting to fall in love with my pearl.. i am conflicted and i sort of want to switch...

-db
    05-06-08 11:52 AM
    i'm just starting to fall in love with my pearl.. i am conflicted and i sort of want to switch...

-db
    I loved my pearl as well, but the full keyboard was just too tempting!
    05-06-08 01:42 PM
    The DM is very easy to install. Install it and use the Switch Device Wizard.

As far as the placement of the USB port, it just is what it is. Same on all the 8xxx series.

On the DM, I currently have it installed for my pearl (and I think I have the latest version)....do I need to install the DM that came on the disk that came with the curve? What all does it transfer over? Apps, settings, etc?

Thanks!
    Last edited by trevst; 05-06-08 at 01:49 PM.
    05-06-08 01:44 PM

-db
    Nothing wrong with having 2 BB now.
    05-06-08 02:37 PM
    Enjoy the curve.
    05-06-08 02:46 PM
    If you already have DM loaded then there's no reason to load it again. It's the same thing. Both versions should be 4.3 (one bundled with Pearl and now the Curve).

Just because it's a Curve does not make it any different in the way things work then your Pearl. It just has more memory and a full keyboard. The overall basic things are the same... so's the process to get the vendor themes.
    05-06-08 03:25 PM
    For those of you Pearl owners, I highly recommend the Curve. Its the Cadillac of BB's. I got my wife a Pearl last Xmas and she hated it. I thought it was a sure fire "great gift." So I returned it and now she loves using my old "full keyboard" 8700g.
    Its just my opinion to switch to a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-08 03:32 PM

-db
    Me too.. what to do
    05-06-08 03:57 PM
    how much for the pearl?
    05-06-08 08:16 PM
    how about some pictures of your curve?
    05-06-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD