10-18-09 12:13 AM
31 12
tools
    Haha great thread, I just drove across eastern MT and down through and all the way across South Dakota today. Great evdo all the way across. There was no gsm anywhere across South Dakota except the Alltel roamer network. Cdma FTW!
    10-16-09 11:01 PM
    Any drive across Texas isn't a "road trip."

It is an exercise in torturous & unreasonable boredom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, that's Louisiana, which I did most of the driving through today. That state is swamp, swamp, and more swamp. At least in Texas there's the occasional Dairy Queen to break the monotony. And I know we were getting signal because my husband was crackberrying.

Okay, so there's more than an "occasional" Dairy Queen. They're far more numerous than Starbucks will ever be. In fact, they look like stations for world domination. But you get my point.

Tried to stop in New Orleans, but the famous French Quarter was a lot smaller than I'd imagined. Maybe I kept mentally comparing it to other downtown areas in other cities. We ended up eating at some tourist trap outside of town. ^^;

Now driving through northern Florida... Still got signal.
    10-17-09 07:52 PM
    A town isn't a "real" town in Texas unless it has a Dairy Queen. FYI, the farthest I've been able to pull EVDO in New Mexico was a tower 75 miles away (I use signalloc)
    10-17-09 08:55 PM
    ouchh.. let the flaming begin.. lol
    There's a map for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:00 PM
    Beware! Some of the ATT guys might jump on this thread like they did the "map for that" one and say we are unfair claiming we get EVDO where they don't get "3G"
    10-17-09 11:31 PM
    A town isn't a "real" town in Texas unless it has a Dairy Queen.
    Powdered ice milk FTW!

Or is that DFW?
    10-18-09 12:13 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD