10-17-09 11:13 PM
31 12
tools
    Here's Poly, posting from the middle of Texas, in a moving vehicle, on a road trip.

Only minor interruptions in service in Eastern New Mexico. Other than that, it's been easy to stay connected. Just hit EVDO coverage again, and there's cows and hay as far as the eye can see.

If anybody wants bragging rights, there ya go.
    10-16-09 01:18 PM
    Only VZW has the technological prowess to attach hidden transmitters to cows, pump jacks & mosquitoes.
    10-16-09 01:22 PM
    Only VZW has the technological prowess to attach hidden transmitters to cows, pump jacks & mosquitoes.
    Not to far off from the truth. VZW has COWS (Cell On WheelS) these are sent into emergency areas to keep cell service up.
    10-16-09 01:27 PM
    This thread should be turned into a Verizon commercial explaining their COWS system. Hahaha.

Can you hear me now? Moo. Good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 01:32 PM
    This thread should be turned into a Verizon commercial explaining their COWS system. Hahaha.

Can you hear me now? Moo. Good!

Ah just keep MOOOOving down the road
    10-16-09 01:33 PM
    Instead of having that guy in the house saying "can you hear me now" its a cow in the house that looks at the camera and just moo's.
    10-16-09 01:36 PM
    Oh geez. COWs...

I walked right into that one...
    10-16-09 01:46 PM
    Here's Poly, posting from the middle of Texas, in a moving vehicle, on a road trip.

Only minor interruptions in service in Eastern New Mexico. Other than that, it's been easy to stay connected. Just hit EVDO coverage again, and there's cows and hay as far as the eye can see.

If anybody wants bragging rights, there ya go.
    Here's i7guy posting from the middle of the Amish country (on my laptop). Got a great signal for the last couple of hundred miles. The only issue I'm having is it's tough to type on my laptop while steering.
    10-16-09 05:06 PM
    "Yep, we got a "cow" for that..."
    10-16-09 05:13 PM
    Here's i7guy posting from the middle of the Amish country (on my laptop). Got a great signal for the last couple of hundred miles. The only issue I'm having is it's tough to type on my laptop while steering.
    Steering your horse and buggy?
    10-16-09 05:33 PM
    Not to far off from the truth. VZW has COWS (Cell On WheelS) these are sent into emergency areas to keep cell service up.
    Me thinx you missed my humor.
    10-16-09 05:57 PM
    What do you call...
    "clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop <bang> <bang> clip-clop, clip-clop...."

an Amish drive-by shooting!

Be careful!
    10-16-09 05:58 PM
    Me thinx you missed my humor.
    Not at all I just tried to add to it.
    10-16-09 06:08 PM
    Well then - tell the whole story then. The one that starts with VZW has a lot of COWS working for them...
    10-16-09 06:21 PM
    Well then - tell the whole story then. The one that starts with VZW has a lot of COWS working for them...
    So you've seen the women in the call centers eh?

10-16-09 06:44 PM

ouchh.. let the flaming begin.. lol
    10-16-09 06:45 PM
    Yes - and way too much Spandex being worn by those least able to get away with it.
    10-16-09 07:02 PM
    HAHAHA - but was funnier was the film of you putting the transmitters on the cows. Running around saying here kitty kitty kitty, did you really think they were cats? Shall I duck now?

Okay I will leave the ducks out of this
    10-16-09 07:05 PM
    Now u know this can be mistaken for another one of those gawdawful why I love VZ threads.............
    10-16-09 07:05 PM
    Actually Verizon does disguse cell towers as trees, cactuses and other things so land owners don't get so mad.
    10-16-09 07:13 PM
    Yes - and way too much Spandex being worn by those least able to get away with it.
    Then thats a good thing
    10-16-09 07:37 PM
    Okay I will leave the ducks out of this
    And I promise to duck if you come out wearing Spandex.

Just don't goose me.
    10-16-09 07:39 PM
    Hey, now. I don't type and drive. That's what cops do.

I'm actually in the backseat right now. I tend to get bored and pull out gadgets in such situations.

(Just passing Dallas right now. It's no joke, the eastern half of Texas is pure EVDO bliss. )
    10-16-09 07:50 PM

I'm actually in the backseat right now. I tend to get bored and pull out gadgets in such situations.

(Just passing Dallas right now. It's no joke, the eastern half of Texas is pure EVDO bliss. )
    Any drive across Texas isn't a "road trip."

It is an exercise in torturous & unreasonable boredom.

10-16-09 08:07 PM

Closing in on Pittsburgh in about 100 miles. EVDO all the way on the interstate. Laptop hooked to car radio for music, phone tethered for internet. Technical bliss.
    10-16-09 08:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD