07-04-09 12:56 PM
132 1234 ...
tools
    found two on ebay? posted link for one of them below. what would be the hold up from VZW releasing to the public? Can you tell my wife has really been hasselling me about this???

BlackBerry Curve 8330 Smartphone Pink; New, No Contract - eBay (item 300247073060 end time Aug-09-08 08:41:17 PDT)
    08-05-08 09:19 PM
    Usually the people that have these are dealers and got them from RIM or have contacts in VZW.

To release with VZW there are a lot of behind scene things that must happen. Systems updates, etc. If you bought one from ebay and VZW systems are not quite ready for them, you may not be activate them right away.

Also everyone at VZW needs to be brought online for release. CS, TS, Marketing, Stores, Warehouses, etc.

Some of this info is just thoughts on my part. I do not believe VZW would hold releasing a device , if there was not reason for it. There is money to be made.
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-05-08 at 09:34 PM.
    08-05-08 09:31 PM
    cool, the wife would love that! Now since i got my 8830 she wants one too... Who woulda thought?!?!
    08-05-08 09:57 PM
    So this is what hapened...I saw the ad in the Sunday paper. It hadn't been 30 days yet since I bought my curve, so I went to my local verizon store. They said that they had not heard of the pink curve. They called the 1-800 number and was put on hold while various people checked and confirmed there wasn't going to be a pink curve. I decided to return my silver curve anyway and call when I got home. I did that and called - my call got escalated to the next level. The manager I spoke to said that if I faxed him the ad he would look into it and get back to me. I faxed him the ad on Monday. He got back to me within a couple of hours and said he got final word that it was a huge mistake that the marketing department made and that there absolutely would not be a pink curve in the next three quarters. I asked him to notate my account that they would exchange my silver one if a pink one came out in 90 days and he agreed to do that (feeling fairly sure that it wouldn't happen) I then went back to my local verizon and re purchased the silver.
    08-05-08 10:02 PM
    Well for anyone North of the Border in Canada...allthough its not advertised anywhere that I am aware of...I physically saw 3 Pink 8330 Curves (Telus) in Toronto 2 weeks ago....the mockup in the display case at the front of the store caught my attention....so I went to the counter and sure enough they had 3 sitting there... In boxes...brand new...8330's in Pink! They opened the box to show me....I was floored.... So...they do exist...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 10:15 PM
    This seems to be a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I had an online chat session tonight with a gentleman named Jon and he said that he showed that it was currently unavailable, and couldnt tell me when it would be out, but said that he DID show it in his system. Still not satisfied, I called CS and spoke with a very nice woman named Emily and she had no knowledge of the ad, but also confirmed that there will be one, just not sure of a release date, which is similar to the info I received at the corp store.
    I guess I either have to buy it off ebay, or hope it comes out before Sept 1. Worked out nice that my wife (secondary on our family plan) received and email to upgrade early (not eligible until April, but with the 4 months early, Janurary) if she upgraded to a smartphone or PDA. She looked at the pearl, but not big on the suretype. The offer ends Sept 1, and since I have had my curve, she really wanted one, but didnt want to pay full retail. I guess if its not out before Sept 1 we could always buy the silver and then hope that the pink comes out within the 30 day WFG. Any other suggestions??
    08-05-08 11:04 PM
    Man, I was hoping they would come out with a red or all black one. I'm bored with my silver one. Wtf Verizon...
    08-06-08 12:48 AM
    It's coming. It's the when that's unknown. Look closer. It's since been removed from their system that can be seen by the public, but the system looks like it's ready to go live soon.

08-06-08 09:57 AM
    Its official...just checked my work email...launches on 8/15

08-06-08 10:56 AM
    Its official...just checked my work email...launches on 8/15

I hope so! I can exchange mine up until 8/22!

Do you know if it will have a different price?
    08-06-08 11:23 AM
    Same price.

08-06-08 11:29 AM
    Went live on direct channels yesterday. this is how they got them ebay. All channels on the 15th. If you see it on the VZW website it can be ordered.
    08-06-08 04:44 PM
    What are direct channels? I would assume that the store wont have them until the 15th, right?
    08-06-08 05:01 PM
    Direct channels should be any outlet that is VZW. all other are indrect sellers. You will need to check with a store to see if they have stock.
    08-06-08 05:09 PM
    Called local store and they say that they should have them Friday. Now I can get the wife off my case about having one. Oh, wait....now I will have to teach her how to use it. Oh well, at least I will get to use BB messenger now!!
    08-06-08 07:35 PM
    Called local store and they say that they should have them Friday. Now I can get the wife off my case about having one. Oh, wait....now I will have to teach her how to use it. Oh well, at least I will get to use BB messenger now!!
    Been there, done that and I have the tee shirt. You can borrow it if you wish
    08-06-08 08:03 PM
    What are direct channels? I would assume that the store wont have them until the 15th, right?
    store usually has em approx 1 week ahead of launch.
    08-06-08 08:52 PM
    store usually has em approx 1 week ahead of launch.
    Just called my store. He said they may get them this Friday but won't sell them before the 15th. Is anyone hearing different?
    08-06-08 09:26 PM
    Hey all!!

Check out this link to see it on the Verizon website now!

Verizon Wireless Phone Guides - BlackBerry

Sorry, no link to ordering, but it shows it's there!
    08-06-08 09:41 PM
    Hi,

I called customer service and was helped by the nicest rep named Candice who found the phone and ordered it for me. I first returned my (second!) silver curve, she called me back and I was able to order the pink one! It will ship out tomorrow and I will have it in my hot little hands on Friday...yay! She had a hard time finding it in her system to order it, but she dug around for me and found it.
    08-06-08 10:00 PM
    BTW, the only reason why I tried customer service again was because of all the people on this forum who said the pink curve *is* going to be available so thanks everyone!
    08-06-08 10:14 PM
    Just called my store. He said they may get them this Friday but won't sell them before the 15th. Is anyone hearing different?
    thats the way it works

as i said, we get the phones bout 1 week ahead of launch. The phone is usually released for telesales, internet sales, B2B and DFill about 1-2 weeks ahead of the retail launch, which is why you're able to get it on the internet or over the phone.
    08-06-08 11:25 PM
    Hi,

I called customer service and was helped by the nicest rep named Candice who found the phone and ordered it for me. I first returned my (second!) silver curve, she called me back and I was able to order the pink one! It will ship out tomorrow and I will have it in my hot little hands on Friday...yay! She had a hard time finding it in her system to order it, but she dug around for me and found it.
    They have allowed you to return two phones? Or did I misunderstand?

My Curve I ordered on the 25th of July, but I was returning a Palm Centro. Somewhere on Vz website I read they allow you to return one phone. Also, if I took the UPC code off the box for rebate, would I be unable to return it?

I think the Pink Curve is $50 more than the silver, so I suppose I would have to think long and hard before paying $50 for pink. Especially since I have a pink leather flip case on my Curve now that I love....

Maybe I will just admire those that have the pink and be hapy with mine...
    08-07-08 04:40 AM
    Verizon has posted a bunch of kewl new accessories just for the Pink curve. You can't see more info about them, but there is the thumbnail preview!

Anyone know what the rhinestones and the ladybug and flower are? Do they just stick on the phone? ARe they trackballs?!!

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless
    08-07-08 10:21 AM
    They have allowed you to return two phones? Or did I misunderstand?

My Curve I ordered on the 25th of July, but I was returning a Palm Centro. Somewhere on Vz website I read they allow you to return one phone. Also, if I took the UPC code off the box for rebate, would I be unable to return it?

I think the Pink Curve is $50 more than the silver, so I suppose I would have to think long and hard before paying $50 for pink. Especially since I have a pink leather flip case on my Curve now that I love....

Maybe I will just admire those that have the pink and be hapy with mine...

They did allow me to return two but only because they had incorrectly told me the pink one wasn't available and I went through all that time to return, buy and then return again...otherwise they would have only let me return once...
    08-07-08 10:25 AM
132 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD