01-14-11 09:58 AM
40 12
tools
    I know right. We should be ampd abou the awesome, groundbreaking new BlackBerry phones released! Oh wait...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You mean the one they are going to announce at BlackBerry World?
    01-11-11 12:14 PM
    It's not much of a review but it's something for those considering this phone.

Hands-on with the Verizon iPhone - Yahoo! News
    01-11-11 02:09 PM
    It's not much of a review but it's something for those considering this phone.

Hands-on with the Verizon iPhone - Yahoo! News

Wow he said it is pretty much exactly the same as the AT&T model except for the network. WOW! Who woulda thunk.

But I have to say I did like that it pulled up New york times much faster then the ATT model, but that could have had a lot of factors that made it happen.
    01-11-11 02:43 PM
    You mean the one they are going to announce at BlackBerry World?
    Yes! I heard it's the same BlackBerry they announced at CES. Storm 3, 4, I forget what rumor were on now. It's like a mythical creature now.

01-11-11 04:08 PM
    I used to work for a premium dealer. They're pretty shady. Besides physically trying out phones in stores I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy online.

There are shady corporate stores, shady customer service reps; etc. I own multiple premium stores and the indirect retailers sell a big percentage of verizon's phones. People don't want to order online because setup for most people is a hassle, phone book transfer, instant gratification; etc. And most of the time you can bargain our price down a little bit or get a bigger discount on accessories than anywhere else. And just fyi there are mail in rebates for all the droids online also.
    01-11-11 04:26 PM
    There are shady corporate stores, shady customer service reps; etc. I own multiple premium stores and the indirect retailers sell a big percentage of verizon's phones. People don't want to order online because setup for most people is a hassle, phone book transfer, instant gratification; etc. And most of the time you can bargain our price down a little bit or get a bigger discount on accessories than anywhere else. And just fyi there are mail in rebates for all the droids online also.
    Online there is no mail in rebates. They give instant rebates instead. That is how I get most of my phones...Or best buy

01-11-11 07:45 PM
    Online there is no mail in rebates. They give instant rebates instead.
    Verizon recently changed this on some of their high end devices online. Some now say mail in rebate instead of instant rebate.
    01-11-11 10:04 PM
    Too little. Too late. Im way over anything that isn't VZW Droid.

01-11-11 10:26 PM
    This is why I do my phone buying online. I love the instant rebate.
    That's the same reason why I order online. I can wait for it to come.
    01-11-11 10:30 PM
    For me, the best strategy is waiting to read the review about the new (old) iPhone 4 before I make any decision. In addition, I think that the next generation iPhone will be better than this design (this year for GSM and 2012 for CDMA, hopefully).
    That's what I'm thinking too. I have no particular motivation to buy the current CDMA iPhone. If I'm gonna decide to get "a fun phone with all the apps and every imaginable capacity for multi-tasking," I don't want to buy a phone that won't be FULLY functional on my carrier.

As was pointed out in a review done by one of our local papers, the fact that Verizon is offering a current/older model of the phone on a CDMA network means that it WON'T be able to do some of the things that iPhone users on AT&T (GSM) have been used to. Specifically, it won't be able to run "voice" and "data" at the same time. So, you can't do web browsing or use it for tethering, while at the same time have it function for incoming and outgoing phone calls.

Fact is, the same thing is true for my current phone (BB Bold 9650). I can only use the "data" (browsing) and "phone" functions at the same time IF I'm using a WiFi connection for the data aspect. That's not a problem to me, since I knew that when I chose the phone.

But...there's no reason for ME to spend money on an iPhone model that won't be able to perform to its full capacity on my carrier.

JMHO, YMMV!
    01-11-11 10:32 PM
    Sold out....I still remember the iDont Campaign

01-12-11 01:00 AM
    I used to work for a premium dealer. They're pretty shady. Besides physically trying out phones in stores I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy online.

I prefer buying online. I do my research on phones I am interested in, and I go to the store to try them out. The reason I started buying online is because the salespeople in the store make me crazy. I don't need people pushing phones on me that I don't want or dealing with the attitude of salespeople that could care less about my actual needs but have their own agenda. My Hubby got talked out of a phone that he thought he would enjoy and fit his needs to the latest and greatest (at the time) Droid, only to find that he's unhappy with that phone and wishes he had stuck to his guns and bought what he actually wanted. There are tons of phones out there by many different companies, if you do the research and decide based on your needs and what fits you best, it is easier to buy online hassle free. Rebates are applied instantly, sometimes the phone is priced better and shipping is fast. Maybe I am a patient person, but when buying something like this that can be expensive and then signing a contract that can last a couple of years, having patience is important. I have lost confidence in the ability of Verizon's salespeople to help me find the best phones for my needs, I don't trust them to help me choose because their agenda is not mine.
    01-12-11 12:25 PM
    That's what I'm thinking too. I have no particular motivation to buy the current CDMA iPhone. If I'm gonna decide to get "a fun phone with all the apps and every imaginable capacity for multi-tasking," I don't want to buy a phone that won't be FULLY functional on my carrier.

As was pointed out in a review done by one of our local papers, the fact that Verizon is offering a current/older model of the phone on a CDMA network means that it WON'T be able to do some of the things that iPhone users on AT&T (GSM) have been used to. Specifically, it won't be able to run "voice" and "data" at the same time. So, you can't do web browsing or use it for tethering, while at the same time have it function for incoming and outgoing phone calls.

Fact is, the same thing is true for my current phone (BB Bold 9650). I can only use the "data" (browsing) and "phone" functions at the same time IF I'm using a WiFi connection for the data aspect. That's not a problem to me, since I knew that when I chose the phone.

But...there's no reason for ME to spend money on an iPhone model that won't be able to perform to its full capacity on my carrier.

JMHO, YMMV!
    It isn't as if the lack of simultaneous voice and data is going to be a surprise for anyone that has had a CDMA smartphone.
    01-12-11 05:43 PM
    01-14-11 09:32 AM
    Why would they want to remove h.264? It one of THE best codec's out there for compressing video's for use in low bandwidth environments.
    01-14-11 09:58 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD