01-14-11 09:58 AM
40 12
tools
    Just announced the I-phone 4.... no surprise. Should have announced it at CES but whatever.
    01-11-11 10:08 AM
    Already on the front page of Verizon's website

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 4G LTE network with the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless

and

"5 megapixel camera, HD video... the custom A4 chip. But most importantly, it provides an integrated customer experience that's far beyond what anyone else is providing. From iOS, to iTunes, to the App Store -- they're all designed to work together."

"We're incredibly pleased to give Verizon's customers the choice we've been waiting for. We've designed an iPhone 4 which connects to the CDMA network -- and it has all the features that you'd expect. Like FaceTime. Features like Apple's stunning Retina Display."
    01-11-11 10:12 AM
    "Though we are rolling out LTE, we are still committed to build out 3G as we go."
    01-11-11 10:16 AM
    I'm not happy about this. I understand Verizon wants to expand its horizons with this technology, but with all the money that's been poured into the "Droid" program, they're just turning into a bunch of hypocrites. They were the ones that took the iPhone down a peg with their marketing the Droid 1..

This doesn't bode well...

(Mods: I think we need to have a single dedicated thread for the iPhone on Verizon. Makes it a lot easier to condense the chatter.)
    Last edited by Shermanmanman; 01-11-11 at 10:32 AM.
    01-11-11 10:29 AM
    I just saw the ad on the website also. I think the iPhone on Vzw will be a big hit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 10:33 AM
    Doesn't bode well for whom?

01-11-11 10:33 AM
    Doesn't bode well for whom?

Premium Retailers. When VZW started carrying the iPad, it was only available from them directly. You couldn't go to a reseller of Verizon products and get the iPad, so places like that can't carry it. It hurts the little man in the process..
    01-11-11 10:40 AM
    I just saw the ad on the website also. I think the iPhone on Vzw will be a big hit.

It will be a big hit f,sure on network service...not in a positive way.
    01-11-11 10:41 AM
    I used to work for a premium dealer. They're pretty shady. Besides physically trying out phones in stores I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy online.

01-11-11 10:42 AM
    Besides physically trying out phones in stores I don't understand why anyone wouldn't buy online.

I used to buy online, but I'm impatient and want my phone as soon as I can get it
    01-11-11 10:44 AM
    Lol, that's a good point. But if you can calm down you'll get an instant rebate instead of the snail mail one!

01-11-11 10:45 AM
    I'm interested to see how this plays out, specifically how RIM is going to be affected. I'm sure Verizon still sells quite a few BlackBerry's but their priorities have placed them third behind Android and now the iPhone.
    01-11-11 10:47 AM
    Lol, that's a good point. But if you can calm down you'll get an instant rebate instead of the snail mail one!

This is why I do my phone buying online. I love the instant rebate.
    01-11-11 10:51 AM
    I think BB has really slowed down. Most of RIM's focus is on the Playbook, so the lack of phones is (i think) their fault. If they would focus on more than one device at a time, RIM could start to climb back to its old spot.

But, for now, the iPhone is really going to slow sales of BB's on Verizon.
    01-11-11 10:53 AM
    iPhone excitement, Android all over CES. BlackBerry has to be next, right?

01-11-11 10:53 AM

Forever hopeful huh? Lol!

01-11-11 10:57 AM
    Just cross your fingers for it. The Playbook is their baby right now, so they'll probably get something announced (phone-wise) by the middle of this year. Just hope its LTE
    01-11-11 10:59 AM
    Just announced the I-phone 4.... no surprise. Should have announced it at CES but whatever.
    Why? CES for Verizon was all about 4GLTE, and the iPhone will not have 4G.
    01-11-11 11:05 AM
    Something that I don't understand....Why is everyone so amped up over this...This phone that is being released is going to be almost 8 months old at release. I'm not excited for a phone that old...I know it just came to VZW...but I don't think it is worth an upgrade right yet...Maybe the iphone 5 if it stays with current product cycles, and updates in June. But if it doesn't update in june, and VZW stays with Feb releases every iPhone will be 8 months old when its released. I'm not buying yet...
    01-11-11 11:11 AM
    For me, the best strategy is waiting to read the review about the new (old) iPhone 4 before I make any decision. In addition, I think that the next generation iPhone will be better than this design (this year for GSM and 2012 for CDMA, hopefully).
    01-11-11 11:13 AM

I wouldn't recommend you hold your breath...

Unfortunately RIM will not innovate for the sake of innovating. If they keep growing (which somehow they continue to do) then they see no need to change as quickly as their competitors. Unfortunately for consumers like us, we are constantly aware of other platforms and we get the impression RIM is being left in the dust.
    01-11-11 11:14 AM
    Rim will still have the business users, and die hard crackberry addicts, so even if they don't innovate, they will not go any where...atleast for a while. I saw someone using the 9130 the other day, and he said that he doesn't care what phone is out when he upgrades it will def be a Blackberry. Some people follow blindly.
    01-11-11 11:22 AM
    I don't get some of you. This is all about competition and the consumer. Will VZW sell a lot? Of course. Will the Network get a little slower? Maybe as know one knows how stressed it is today and what the impact will be. It is all speculation at this point. Buy it don't buy it. It doesn't matter as long as the person who makes whatever decision is happy.
    01-11-11 12:02 PM
    Something that I don't understand....Why is everyone so amped up over this...This phone that is being released is going to be almost 8 months old at release. I'm not excited for a phone that old...I know it just came to VZW...but I don't think it is worth an upgrade right yet...Maybe the iphone 5 if it stays with current product cycles, and updates in June. But if it doesn't update in june, and VZW stays with Feb releases every iPhone will be 8 months old when its released. I'm not buying yet...
    I know right. We should be ampd abou the awesome, groundbreaking new BlackBerry phones released! Oh wait...

01-11-11 12:09 PM
    I know right. We should be ampd abou the awesome, groundbreaking new BlackBerry phones released! Oh wait...

+1 lol....android and iphone aren't killing the Blackberry brand, RIM is!
    01-11-11 12:12 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD