I got the curve 8530/vzw about 6 months ago, had 1 os upgrade! I added line 2 and purchased a bold 9650 1 month ago! WHEN am I going to see another os upgrade from VZW???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 06:20 PM
    When Verizon releases it... Nobody but Verizon knows when that will be.
    12-17-10 06:27 PM
    If your OS isn't functioning well enough, just upgrade it yourself.
    12-17-10 06:29 PM
    C'mon, if you're waiting for official upgrades from your carrier I hope your life insurance is paid up. There are several floating around, OS 5 and 6. Just decide what you want to install and follow the loading instructions.

12-17-10 06:46 PM
    If your OS isn't functioning well enough, just upgrade it yourself.
    I'm kinda new at this, I've only done updates using wireless update in <options> Would love to do it myself......Don't know how??????

12-17-10 06:46 PM
    Let me ask you this, when/where exactly were you promised ANY device OS updates when you purchased the device?
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    12-17-10 06:49 PM
    Let me ask you this, when/where exactly were you promised ANY device OS updates when you purchased the device?
    Precisely. They don't owe you any OS updates. They now seem to be advertising the 9650 according to a thread in the Verizon section as coming with OS6, so in that case they do owe it to people since that is what they're promising in the ad.

For normal devices without such a circumstance however, they're selling you the device as it currently is without any promise at all of future OS updates.

Do you have a PC or a Mac? You can't install an OS other than your carrier has provided on a Mac. It is possible but requires a Windows emulator and I can't walk you through setting that up. It is easy on a PC though.
    12-17-10 07:00 PM
    Just update your OS, makes a phone feel new again.

There are good peeps on this site to help if you run into a problem.

I used to a lot like you and didn't want to mess something up, but if you can follow directions and have some patience, then no reason not to try upgrading the OS.

Good luck!

12-18-10 08:55 AM
    I got the curve 8530/vzw about 6 months ago, had 1 os upgrade! I added line 2 and purchased a bold 9650 1 month ago! WHEN am I going to see another os upgrade from VZW???

You NEED to get out more! LOL
    12-18-10 10:37 PM
    I'm kinda new at this, I've only done updates using wireless update in <options> Would love to do it myself......Don't know how??????

Search is your friend!
    12-18-10 10:38 PM
    My thoughts exactly. Noone owes you anything. I usually compare how things are now to the 1870s. I can't believe how far we've come from riding horses and using the pony express. I'm impressed by Blackberries, by Model Ts and by the telegraph even. I couldn't produce any of these things on my own. I don't think the original poster of this thread could survive waiting a month for a pony express message to arrive. I compare everything I own to what was available in 1870 and I'm never disappointed.

12-22-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD