I'm on my 4th storm and still having problems. I talked to vzw and worked out a deal that I could switch to the curve free of charge. I'm constantly hearing curve users saying how much they love their phone, that they've never had a problem, etc. One of my concerns is switching to it and wishing that I didn't. Also I think it would be kind of stupid to basically downgrade, by going to the curve which was a lot cheaper in cost. I'm trying to find out which is a better, all around phone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    09-04-09 02:21 PM
    I'm on my 4th storm and still having problems. I talked to vzw and worked out a deal that I could switch to the curve free of charge. I'm constantly hearing curve users saying how much they love their phone, that they've never had a problem, etc. One of my concerns is switching to it and wishing that I didn't. Also I think it would be kind of stupid to basically downgrade, by going to the curve which was a lot cheaper in cost. I'm trying to find out which is a better, all around phone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    What are you experiencing? If you are gonna swap devices have them give you a Tour not a Curve. Curve is a great device but is outdated and will be when 5.0 is rolled out.
    09-04-09 02:23 PM
    I can't get a good signal with the storm. Whenever I'm in a rough service area, someone with me who has the curve for example, has good service... Also the device restarts itself pretty regularly when I'm in the middle of doing something. I make sure that I have enough memory and what not and the phone is pretty laggy from my experiences. A couple of minor issues are one, the vibrate is really weak and I can never feel it. Two, even when I have the volume jacked, I can barely ever hear my alerts.

Thats all that I can think of right now... but I know there are more things I'm forgetting.
    09-04-09 02:30 PM
    I can't get a good signal with the storm. Whenever I'm in a rough service area, someone with me who has the curve for example, has good service... Also the device restarts itself pretty regularly when I'm in the middle of doing something. I make sure that I have enough memory and what not and the phone is pretty laggy from my experiences. A couple of minor issues are one, the vibrate is really weak and I can never feel it. Two, even when I have the volume jacked, I can barely ever hear my alerts.

Thats all that I can think of right now... but I know there are more things I'm forgetting.
    What OS are you running? The radios in each OS will operate differently, especially from one device to another.
    09-04-09 02:33 PM
    v.4.7.0.148
    09-04-09 02:36 PM
    I'm running .151 and I LOVE it. Give it a shot maybe?

And if you switch and experience trader's remorse, I've got a mint condition Storm up on eBay (sorry for the shameless plug)
    09-04-09 02:39 PM
    v.4.7.0.148
    Figured that. I would recommend going to .151 at least or you could try a hybrid. Also what apps do you have and which ones are always running? How often do you clear your logs and do a battery pull? Are you running any custom themes?

How knowledgeable are you with BB's and operations and maintenance?
    09-04-09 02:39 PM
    If you're not up to installing non-official software and still want to trade, definitely go with the Tour instead of Curve. New hardware vs. old.
    09-04-09 03:10 PM
    And they will replace it with a tour. Its the compatible phone.
    09-04-09 03:15 PM
    Technically he should have gotten another storm... the Tour is not an exceptable exchange phone for the storm... according the the exchange policy.
    The fact they are doing an exchange to a curve for him is above and behond.

Curve is a work horse. may not have the 4.7 platform software but I promise it works great. I have one and couldnt be happier.. I got the curve OVER the storm... I did a lot of research and after consideration, in march I got the curve instead of the storm... never looked back...
    Went to the store this week and looked at the tour...
    The display model had warpd screen, loose battery door and crapped out trackball...
    kinda tells me something...

reminder: this is MHO

reminder two: still on uber pain meds
    Last edited by heather.law; 09-04-09 at 03:22 PM.
    09-04-09 03:19 PM
    I just checked the CLNR substitution matrix and it shows the 9530 replacements as the 9530 as well as the 9630.... Search infomanager for multi-fru matrix I think thats where its at?
    09-04-09 03:28 PM
    logs? if you mean messages and cache and what not, i clear them regularly. I only have the 5 standard apps running, unless I'm in the act of using an app. No custom themes and I do a battery pull once every few days.
    09-04-09 04:13 PM
    logs? if you mean messages and cache and what not, i clear them regularly. I only have the 5 standard apps running, unless I'm in the act of using an app. No custom themes and I do a battery pull once every few days.
    I would definitely give .151 a try. You can also run Shrink-A-OS or CrackMeme to get rid of stuff you dont use to free up space and FileScout to clear all the sample media. I believe .151 is stickied in the Storm forum and you can also check out the Increase File Free thread in my sig as well as links to SAOS and FileScout

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    09-04-09 04:17 PM
    There are also some good hybrids for it, aren't there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:21 PM
    I'm honestly leaning more towards getting the curve instead... The antenna is much stronger on it
    09-04-09 04:21 PM
    Technically he should have gotten another storm... the Tour is not an exceptable exchange phone for the storm... according the the exchange policy.
    The fact they are doing an exchange to a curve for him is above and behond.

DISCLOSURE: The following statements only apply if the customer has met the conditions in the Mutli-Fru exchange policy. This by no way means that a customer can exchange his/her Storm for a Tour because they don't like it or they feel they have had 1 bad replacement.

Like Blue_and_bold said - the Tour is on the matrix for the next replacement. They either get a new Storm or a new Tour.

The reason being - the Storm is a world phone and would need to be replaced with such.
    09-04-09 05:03 PM
    so are you saying that I will have no regrets if I make this switch??
    09-06-09 05:18 PM
    You'll have regrets. It resets your upgrade date. That's what someone who works for Verizon told me.

09-06-09 05:52 PM
    I was able to switch with paying difference like 50 bucks let me tell u it was well worth it !! I have same problems my storm wouldn't get service in low areas at all now I get service ever were I even had go buy another one for full price for my bro and its best thing I ever done service everywhere now I got storm in a drawer!

09-07-09 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD