Does anyone in Verizon know of any data issues going on? I'm in NW Iowa and have had very spotty data coverage the last two days. My tower coverage marker goes from 3-4 bars to the arrow like I'm attempting to get data continuously. It's been sucking my battery dry as well. I've done multiple battery pulls and no changes. I've also heard many people have had instances during the last few days of no inbound or outbound calls. I haven't been getting my emails or texts right away either. Last night, I received a few texts that had been sent 4 hours earlier.
    05-16-09 12:13 PM
    Since I'm in extended network, what is the alternative for *228?
    05-16-09 02:06 PM
    You have to use *22800 while roaming. This will help you to get a vzw tower

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 02:36 PM
    I'm not in my home network so I am always roaming. I tried *22800 and get a busy signal. Never had this issue before so I called Verizon on my landline. They show no issues in my area. My family's phones aren't working either. Must be some interference from somewhere. Starting to upset me!!!
    05-16-09 04:53 PM
    No issues here in new york.
    05-16-09 05:25 PM
    I'm not in my home network so I am always roaming. I tried *22800 and get a busy signal. Never had this issue before so I called Verizon on my landline. They show no issues in my area. My family's phones aren't working either. Must be some interference from somewhere. Starting to upset me!!!
    1. Where are you located?
    2. *22800 or any other *228 functions will not work when roaming.
    3. when was the last time you did a *228? I recommend about evey 60 days
    4. Since it is affecting the entire families phones, it canmseveral things again.

A. PRL is old
    B. no roaming agreement inthe area
    C. The home company that owns the towers in the area has an outage.

Good luck and hope it works soon
    05-16-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD