01-11-11 10:55 AM
29 12
tools
    According to the WSJ, Verizon will announce the iPhone Tuesday, 1/11/11 @ 11am.

Verizon Finally Lands iPhone - WSJ.com
    01-07-11 07:18 PM
    hurrayyy.
    not for me though . wont be LTE .
    01-07-11 07:33 PM
    I assuming this would be compatible with VZW's $15/150MB plan. Can the iPhone go WiFi only, so you can just eat off the local wifi's bandwidth for some heavy usage and not kill your cap too quickly?
    01-07-11 09:05 PM
    I wonder how much truth there is to this because this thread:
    BGR-reporting VZW iPhone February 3
    says something different. I think Verizon is trying to keep us in suspense lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 09:34 PM
    I think I'm done with RIM. I guess I can't blame RIM that Verizon has pretty much abandoned BlackBerry. Even though Verizon's iPhone won't be LTE until probably this coming holiday season I'm probably making the switch. I normally don't like touchscreen keyboards but I used my friend's iPhone and it was actually very good. Waiting this long for OS6 on my Bold is rediculous. Verizon's network plus the iPhone I think will be a winning combo. I'll end up paying full price but I don't care.
    01-07-11 09:37 PM
    I wonder how much truth there is to this because this thread:
    BGR-reporting VZW iPhone February 3
    says something different. I think Verizon is trying to keep us in suspense lol.

lots of truth. announced on 1/11
    available to buy 2/3

see. simple.
    01-07-11 10:08 PM
    I heard on the radio today in ny feb 3rd for the release date

01-07-11 10:54 PM
    available to buy 2/3

see. simple.
    Makes perfect sense. I think I'll add a line to get one, and let the wife have the X. Even though she really doesn't want to give up her tour.

01-07-11 11:42 PM
    Would this new iPhone be strictly CDMA or CDMA / GSM combo?

01-08-11 12:51 AM
    Would this new iPhone be strictly CDMA or CDMA / GSM combo?

Knowing how Apple does things we'll get the CDMA iP4 3G Feb 3rd then the CDMA/GSM LTE version in time for the holidays. They could knock it out of the park by releasing an LTE iP4 Feb 3rd but that's not Apple's way..lol
    01-08-11 01:01 AM
    NEW YORK (Reuters) Verizon Wireless will sell the iPhone, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing a person familiar with the matter.

There was no specific date for when Verizon would sell the phone in its stores, the paper reported on its website. The announcement will be made on Tuesday at an event in New York, WSJ said.

Verizon declined to comment. An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment.

Shares of Verizon rose 2.5 percent in after-hours trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Apple shares rose 0.6 percent in after-hours trading on the Nasdaq.

Verizon, Wireless, a joint venture between Verizon Communications and Vodafone Group Plc, delivered cryptic nontransferable invitations on Friday to an event to Tuesday's New York event.

The in-box invite to journalists was skimpy on details: "Join us as we share the latest news from Verizon Wireless."

AT&T Inc is currently the exclusive carrier of the iPhone.

On January 6, AT&T announced it will cut the price of its older iPhone model, the 3GS, to $49 from $99.

Apple's iPad is available through Verizon.

Earlier this week at the Consumer Electronics Show, the annual gadget extravaganza in Las Vegas, Verizon Wireless said it plans to have 10 new devices -- including four smartphones and new tablets -- on store shelves by midyear for its high speed wireless data service.

(Reporting by Liana B. Baker, Jennifer Saba, Gabriel Madway; Editing by Gary Hill and Gunna Dickson)
    01-08-11 03:52 AM
    available to buy 2/3

see. simple.
    Ok. well hopefully this will stand then for all those patient "waiting for iPhone people" to come to Vzw then! I think that's pretty neat they will announce the device on 1/11/11 at possibly 11pm! There just have been sooo many rumors, I don't think anyone knows what to believe anymore. Truthfully, I'm still skeptical about this also.

01-08-11 11:00 AM
    What bothered me about CES is there no mention of any new BBs coming out. I'll bet money that you won't see an LTE BB until 2012. CES pretty much sealed the deal for my fiance and I about swtiching to the iPhone. I think RIM has put too much into the PlayBook and not enough into anything else.
    01-08-11 03:59 PM
    What bothered me about CES is there no mention of any new BBs coming out. I'll bet money that you won't see an LTE BB until 2012. CES pretty much sealed the deal for my fiance and I about swtiching to the iPhone. I think RIM has put too much into the PlayBook and not enough into anything else.
    I thought there would be some BlackBerry announcement from CES as well . Even though I just upgraded from my Curve to Bold in Dec, I was interested in what would be a future choice for me when ready. Good luck to you & your fianc if you decide to go with the iPhone

01-08-11 04:10 PM
    The WSJ is now reporting that the iPhone will be available from Verizon around the end of the month.

Verizon iPhone to Be Available Around End of January - WSJ.com
    01-08-11 04:57 PM
    The WSJ is now reporting that the iPhone will be available from Verizon around the end of the month.

Verizon iPhone to Be Available Around End of January - WSJ.com
    Kind of makes sense. Doesn't apple often announce something first and then follow it up with the actual release date of the product, which is usually a few weeks later. Maybe the 11th will be like the "official announcement" with some pre-ordering options, and then later this month is when the phones will actually start to ship.
    01-08-11 06:35 PM
    Verizon is set to release the 4G LTE Droid Bionic in the 1st quarter of this year, although some reports say 2nd quarter.
    01-08-11 07:31 PM
    Steve Jobs could put the apple logo on a brick with verizons red V and you idiots would buy it!!! It's just a phone and not a very good one at that!
    Last edited by gmpblack; 01-09-11 at 03:50 PM.
    01-09-11 02:36 PM
    Wonder how much this will cost off contract...
    01-09-11 03:33 PM
    Wonder how much this will cost off contract...
    I would say $599.99 same as what att charges
    01-09-11 03:48 PM
    Why the Verizon iPhone is a Big Deal For AT&T

The last paragraph is very true..
    01-10-11 08:05 AM
    Why the Verizon iPhone is a Big Deal For AT&T

The last paragraph is very true..
    The last paragraph basically says, why get the iPhone now when it comes to Verizon? Wait until the summer, when the next iteration launches, since you're essentially getting old hardware right now.

Along those lines, I wonder what Apple is thinking in regards to LTE. Almost all the rumors tag tomorrow's device announcement as a CDMA-only iPhone. However, with what seems like at least a half-dozen LTE Droids launching at some point this year and with Droids now outselling iPhones, will this push Jobs and Apple to really innovate and add LTE to the next iPhone? If so, that might be worth the wait.
    01-10-11 09:36 AM
    The last paragraph basically says, why get the iPhone now when it comes to Verizon? Wait until the summer, when the next iteration launches, since you're essentially getting old hardware right now.

Along those lines, I wonder what Apple is thinking in regards to LTE. Almost all the rumors tag tomorrow's device announcement as a CDMA-only iPhone. However, with what seems like at least a half-dozen LTE Droids launching at some point this year and with Droids now outselling iPhones, will this push Jobs and Apple to really innovate and add LTE to the next iPhone? If so, that might be worth the wait.
    I doubt Apple would release the new iPhone in June or July and have it readily available for Verizon users. I would expect the new cycle to run as the following:

January 2011 - Verizon iPhone
    June 2011 - New iPhone for AT&T
    January 2012 - Verizon gets new iPhone

However I have a feeling that won't be the case because it's just not good business for Verizon if people know that every year they will need to wait 6 months for the newer device to get on their network. But in today's world, in those 6 months there will be an avalanche of new Android devices boasting newer and more advanced hardware. Just doesn't make sense to plan it like that, unless however, they have no flexibility in the matter because of Apple.
    01-10-11 10:00 AM
    I doubt Apple would release the new iPhone in June or July and have it readily available for Verizon users. I would expect the new cycle to run as the following:

January 2011 - Verizon iPhone
    June 2011 - New iPhone for AT&T
    January 2012 - Verizon gets new iPhone

However I have a feeling that won't be the case because it's just not good business for Verizon if people know that every year they will need to wait 6 months for the newer device to get on their network. But in today's world, in those 6 months there will be an avalanche of new Android devices boasting newer and more advanced hardware. Just doesn't make sense to plan it like that, unless however, they have no flexibility in the matter because of Apple.
    Well and see, one thing that the above article says which I agree with is that for Verizon, the iPhone is just another phone. I mean I don't doubt that Verizon would like the to have the newest iPhone at the same time as AT&T, but it's clear that that Verizon doesn't need the iPhone.

Apple is the one that really needs Verizon and Apple is the one that needs to figure things out with Verizon. It's because of Verizon that iOS has been overtaken by Android in the U.S. marketplace so if anything, Apple needs to start learning how to start making concessions and not just demanding and directing.

If it's true that the iPhone is coming to Verizon tomorrow, Apple will be in a very peculiar position as they will not be able to dictate terms with Verizon as easily as like I said earlier Verizon can simply point to the financials and customer rolls and say "we don't need you like AT&T did."
    01-10-11 10:15 AM
    I don't see the hype in the iphone anymore. android is so much better.

trollin' my nukkas!
    01-10-11 11:36 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD