07-22-10 05:39 PM
34 12
tools
  1. rousea24's Avatar
    I know this has been rumored for years, but it seems stronger this time. A lot of the stories that are out there are saying January 2011.

    What are the odds that actually happens?

    I'm eligible to early upgrade in about 10 days and I'm strongly considering going with the X.
    07-06-10 06:51 PM
  2. Super_Mario's Avatar
    Buy the X then. It's awesome...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 07:33 PM
  3. kat89447's Avatar
    Not to be mean, but who really cares? If you want a touch screen phone with more apps than you will ever need there is a whole line of Droid or Droid types. I have never understood the whole apple thing, usually poorly built, tons of useless stuff and way over priced with really bad warranties. I guess if Steve Jobs says its a must have, it must be. All that aside, I believe the latest rumor is Jan 2011. Be interesting to see how many people actually buy them instead of the Droid line, an more interesting to see how many iphone users (current) switch carriers and dump ATT.
    07-06-10 10:26 PM
  4. gmz73's Avatar
    Not to mention the nearly $15 per month to insure it(on AT&T at least). IMO android gives them a run for the money. Plus you get better service all around. I can't say I wouldn't get the iphone IF it ever came to Verizon but my Incredible is everything I need and more right now.
    07-07-10 06:05 AM
  5. bbueding's Avatar
    Supposed to be on Verizon in January 2011 from what I've read!
    07-07-10 06:59 PM
  6. Super_Mario's Avatar
    Supposed to be on Verizon in January 2011 from what I've read!
    From what everyone has read. The OP is asking if its true its coming. Until its officially announced no one knows for sure.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 07:03 PM
  7. pkcable's Avatar
    I'm not going to hold my breath! And besides who cares? Unless they put the BB OS on it, I wouldn't want it anyways.
    07-07-10 08:27 PM
  8. trjnberry's Avatar
    I find it rather interesting how this claim that Iphone is coming to Verizon always occur around the time that a new Iphone device comes out. I think it's all bluff just to keep Verizon users from jumping. Now, if RIM can learn a lesson from Verizon and start dropping hints that a future Blackberry is better than what the Android has to offer, it may keep BB users from jumping ship. Indeed, I am interested in that slider, but I don't think Verizon is going to get it anytime soon. I was going to try my Annual upgrade option to possibly go Droid, but if I wait for NE2, we should know by then where that Slider is going. My earliest NE2 eligibility is March of 2011. My annual option is available next week. The sharp reduction in the loyalty rebate has me interesting in upgrading sooner than NE2, although I still enjoy using the BB Tour.
    07-08-10 02:50 PM
  9. complexsix4's Avatar
    oh and the iphone multitasking is a joke! or lack there of, and also took em 4 years to put a flash for the camera ill stick with my berry thanks!
    07-10-10 05:05 AM
  10. mikeplus1's Avatar
    07-10-10 07:45 AM
  11. adkted2me's Avatar
    I'm curious as to how the iPhone would even make it onto VZW considering allegedly it is such a data-intensive/multi-tasker and VZW's network is not conducive to the whole data-while-using-voice concept yet. The amount of crap that one would use an iPhone for (and that Apple would almost expect a user to) doesn't seem like it'd go over too well on this network.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm hardcore loyal to this network for its reliability, but I am pretty peeved that I cannot multi-task on my Blackberry and I don't foresee many on an iPhone tolerating that.
    07-13-10 12:00 AM
  12. chuckh0308's Avatar
    I'm curious as to how the iPhone would even make it onto VZW considering allegedly it is such a data-intensive/multi-tasker and VZW's network is not conducive to the whole data-while-using-voice concept yet. The amount of crap that one would use an iPhone for (and that Apple would almost expect a user to) doesn't seem like it'd go over too well on this network.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm hardcore loyal to this network for its reliability, but I am pretty peeved that I cannot multi-task on my Blackberry and I don't foresee many on an iPhone tolerating that.
    Why? I bet less than 5% of iPhone owners have ever used voice and data at the same time. Many of the other 95% or so probably don't even know they can do that or how to do it. I can't think of one instance where I have ever needed to do that myself, and even our iPhone (AFAIK) has never been used that way. Things like being able to tether, being able to hear the person on the other end of the call, or only having one dropped call in a year are MUCH more important to me.
    07-13-10 12:52 AM
  13. itsthemusic's Avatar
    Yea it launches August 4th. Hope to see you in line!
    07-13-10 09:35 AM
  14. markhunsaker's Avatar
    Sorry, but really...again? There are TONS of threads about this. If you're die hard on Verizon...get the Droid X or something like it. If are you have good ATT coverage, than get an iPhone.
    07-13-10 09:49 AM
  15. mikeplus1's Avatar
    When ATT & VZW are both on 4G LTE Networks, supposedly by early 2011, then a 4G LTE iPhone will be made and then maybe Apple & VZW can come to agreement?
    07-13-10 10:24 AM
  16. Shermanmanman's Avatar
    Just go with a Droid X. I finally got to hold one yesterday, and it trumps iPhone a million times over. Plus, I don't have to hold it a special way to make a call!
    07-13-10 10:34 AM
  17. adkted2me's Avatar
    Why? I bet less than 5% of iPhone owners have ever used voice and data at the same time. Many of the other 95% or so probably don't even know they can do that or how to do it. I can't think of one instance where I have ever needed to do that myself, and even our iPhone (AFAIK) has never been used that way. Things like being able to tether, being able to hear the person on the other end of the call, or only having one dropped call in a year are MUCH more important to me.
    Well, I am raising this issue because I am sure that there are others (including myself) that are frustrated with the fact that we cannot use features such as Blackberry Msgr, MMS, and even simply to look something up when we're on the phone. It's very irritating when you're trying to carry on a conversation via BBM for instance and the phone rings- cause all messaging capabilities with that program become unavailable. There is credence to AT&T's argument about it (as much as I hate to agree with that). I am surely not alone in having experienced this and/or wish it was a non-issue on Verizon.

    However, apparently Sprint also lacks this capability (although I am not surprised). I just wish that "America's Most Reliable Wireless Network" had some better capabilities , especially since it is also one of the more pricier networks.
    07-13-10 11:35 AM
  18. Totalimmortal363's Avatar
    No, it's really not.
    07-13-10 11:37 AM
  19. adkted2me's Avatar
    No, it's really not.
    What part of the thread are you replying to with this response?
    07-13-10 11:38 AM
  20. bbueding's Avatar
    I heard that AT&T just renegotiated their exclusive deal with apple! Anyone else know for sure?
    07-13-10 12:22 PM
  21. adkted2me's Avatar
    I heard that AT&T just renegotiated their exclusive deal with apple! Anyone else know for sure?
    I have not, but I wouldn't be surprised considering AT&T knows that everyone's going to jump ship to VZW once the iPhone comes over LOL... and I'm sure the pending class-action lawsuit about that whole signal indicator issue is not helping either AT&T or Apple's reputation.
    07-13-10 12:26 PM
  22. dainfamouslipz's Avatar
    I have not, but I wouldn't be surprised considering AT&T knows that everyone's going to jump ship to VZW once the iPhone comes over LOL... and I'm sure the pending class-action lawsuit about that whole signal indicator issue is not helping either AT&T or Apple's reputation.
    If everone from AT&T jumps over our netowk will suck because so many people will be added!
    07-14-10 09:39 AM
  23. adkted2me's Avatar
    If everone from AT&T jumps over our netowk will suck because so many people will be added!
    yes, this is true.. who would stay with AT&T when their service sucks and those "unlimited" plans are actually not unlimited (I'm referring to the mess from earlier this year where AT&T said they were going to start charging iPhone users additional data charges).
    07-14-10 11:04 AM
  24. dwe28's Avatar
    The iPhone can come to Verizon anywhere from the point they launch their LTE network which is in November. Don't let the greedy AT&T fanbois fool you.
    07-14-10 01:32 PM
  25. adkted2me's Avatar
    ooo... so will that also mean that we can actually voice/data at the same time on BB
    07-14-10 01:34 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD