I currently have a blackberry bold with with the nationwide talk and text for 60 a month plus the unlimted data package for 30. I get the unlimited text and data discount which knocks off 20 from my data plan. My question is, if an iphone is gifted to me will anything on my plan change. A friend who pre-ordered one yesteday said he had to redo his plans and i guess some plans are no longer offered. My contract with my current plan goes until May of 2012.
    02-04-11 06:59 AM
    I would keep the BlackBerry it's a better phone.
    02-04-11 10:54 AM
    I currently have a blackberry bold with with the nationwide talk and text for 60 a month plus the unlimted data package for 30. I get the unlimited text and data discount which knocks off 20 from my data plan. My question is, if an iphone is gifted to me will anything on my plan change. A friend who pre-ordered one yesteday said he had to redo his plans and i guess some plans are no longer offered. My contract with my current plan goes until May of 2012.
    Yes it will change things. When you activate the iPhone, it will require you to change your data plan to the Unlimited data for Smartphones (rather than your current Unlimited data for Blackberry). The $20 discount will roll off after a day or two when the plan changes. You'll need to call CS and request that they fill out an Inactive Feature/Plan Pricing Recovery Form. It may be called something simliar, but that's what I was told to request. It takes a day or two but it should be applied back on your plan since you didn't change your plan, but because of the automated system, it rolled off. I changed my primary phone from a BB to an Android and had to do the exact same proceedure. It took 2 days for me to see it on My Verizon again.
    02-04-11 12:13 PM
    I would keep the BlackBerry it's a better phone.
    Did he ask if the iPhone was worse or better? Sheez its just a phone. I just went bac to BB from Android simply because I missed the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD